Chapter 13

The Sly Deer

Eula's POV

My head hurt so bad the next morning that I was tempted to skip work. Especially now that last night happened. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Jongdae, my crazy childhood friend, actually likes me. Maybe he inhaled some toxic stuff in China that made him believe that he likes me.

So what does that mean? I'm getting married, right? Or am I?

Since he proposed, Luhan hasn't talked to me about the wedding. Not a single detail. Maybe he just proposed to me because of his mom and not because he wanted to marry me...

"Gosh... why is it a lot difficult now?" I sighed and spread my arms on my bed.

Today, we will be doing most of the special issue with Chen for the magazine. Of all days, of course, it had to be the day after Jongdae confessed his feelings because my life is a TV drama. Why am I even thinking about it? It shouldn't be a big deal to me right?

I can steal her from you.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" I screamed on top of my lungs.

It's just too much.

Knock.

I closed my mouth and listened. I might have just imagined that knock. But then a few seconds later, someone knocked again. I jumped out of bed, tied my hair into a bun to hide my messy hair and walked to the door. I knew it wouldn't be Luhan because in his world, the word "knock" hasn't been invented yet.

"Who is it?" I asked before opening the door.

"It's me."

When I opened the door, I was greeted with a bunch of lilies tied in a pink bow. I took them and smiled at Sehun, who was strangely too bright early in the morning. He smiled at me and I noticed how his eyes disappeared into lines. Just like when Jongdae smiles.

"Who's Jongdae, noona?" Sehun asked to my surprise.

"Ah... he's... a friend." Why am I even thinking of him?

"Oh..." he nodded. "Are you okay? I thought I heard you screaming just now."

"Screaming? Nah. It must be the pipes. Anyway, thanks for the flowers." I said, trying hard to change the topic.

He looked at me wide eyed with his mouth dropped open. I think he just forgot that he gave me flowers or maybe there is a ghost behind me right now and Sehun can see it clearly. I tapped his arm and waited for him to say something like "Mama". That movie is just really creepy.

"Oh yes, flowers. Of course. Uhm.. I gave you flowers. You're welcome. B-but they are not f-from me. Not from me at all."

Why is he stuttering?

"Of course. They're not from you..." I looked at him suspiciously.

"They're from... Luhan hyung."

I chuckled.

"It's almost time for breakfast, noona. Let's go together?"

Sehun is so cute being just this kid who cares about everyone. He wiped an invisible sweat off his forehead and fanned himself like it was so hot. At times, I wonder how Sehun grew up like this when he lived far from his brothers for a very long time. He should be the bitter one and not Luhan at all.

I left the flowers in my room and went to the kitchen with Sehun. To my surprise, I found most of the brothers there, all of them doing something. Kyungsoo was putting scrambled eggs on a serving platter, Lay and Xiumin were making coffee, Kai was putting plates and utensils on the table and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were arguing whether to put mayonnaise or ketchup in the saucer. Everybody was so busy. Did I miss something? Like some sort of a memo that says everybody should be helping with breakfast today?