Chapter 16

The Plane Ticket

Eula's POV

I woke up a bit too early the next day, trying my hardest to convince myself that whatever happened last night wasn't a dream. Our night was well spent with conversations we've never had before. For the first time, we walked around the park, holding hands and forgetting everything. Luhan isn't the sweetest person in the world but there are times when he gets it right, I guess.

I took my jacket and decided to take a walk in the garden. It was still a bit dark outside while I had to hug myself because of the cold. I smiled, remembering how Luhan held me before. Those times seemed so far even though it's only been a few months. A lot has changed now.

Suddenly, I felt something warm over my shoulders. I saw a black jacket over my shoulders, followed by Sehun who stood right next to me. He smiled at me and I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He looked tired... tired in a somewhat strange way.

"Are you waiting for the sunrise too?" He asked me, his voice a little more quiet than usual.

"No but since you mentioned it..." I said.

"It's in five minutes. Just look over there at the clearing."

He pointed at a grass covered part of the garden and I could definitely see something bright starting in the horizon. Sehun rubbed his palms together and blew air in them. He seemed cold so I hastily took off his jacket but he stopped me.

"You need that more, Noona."

"But-"

"I'm okay."

I muttered "Okay" and we both fell silent. I wanted to ask him about Xiumin and if he knew anything about... it. But Sehun suddenly took my hand and pulled me to a cement post about two feet high and seven inches wide. He looked at it and then at me. I had no idea what he wanted me to do.

"Get on the." He told me.

"Wh-Why? What if I..." My eyes widened at him in disbelief.

"I won't let you fall."

Sehun looked at me with a reassuring smile and my heart suddenly started to palpitate. I don't understand why I felt that way so I got on the post while he stood on the other, still holding my hand. I tried to let go but when I did, I lost my balance and almost fell.

"Omo. Careful." Sehun caught me, his arm now around my shoulder.

"I... I'm sorry... I-"

"Look." He motioned far out and I followed his gaze.

I caught my breath as the sky started to brighten up and slowly, the glorious yellow sun rose. I put both my hands on my mouth while I gasped at the magical moment I was seeing. I've never seen such beauty in my entire life and I wonder if I'd ever see something more magical than this. And as I stood on something higher, it felt like I was on top of the world.

"It's beautiful." I teared up a bit and wiped my wet eyes immediately.

"It is." Sehun said and for some reasons, I felt air on my cheek as he spoke.

I glanced at him and was shocked to see him looking at me, his lips pressed into a thin line. He looked sad... like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't. I froze in place even though I could feel the warm sun on my right cheek.

Suddenly, a cold breeze blew dust into my eye and I immediately closed my eyes and lost my balance completely. Amazingly, I landed on my feet... in Sehun's arms. I struggled to open my eyes until I felt his hand on my eye lid, gently opening it. He blew on my eye and I felt my eyes clearing up a bit as he wiped it carefully with a handkerchief.