Chapter 25

The Complications

Eula's POV

Sometimes, I wonder what kind of luck I have to have all these things happen to me. First, Luhan's mother found me to babysit his son who is now my fiancé. And then my sick brother got to be adopted by my future mother-in-law and is now getting proper medication as well as education. After getting fired by a squid, I got hired by no other than steaming buns Oppa. I mean there could have been hundreds of people who applied for the job and yet it was me who got the spot.

I guess I'm really the lucky bitch.

On my first day, I was oriented on what I was supposed to do as an assistant: remind the boss of schedules, get him coffee, take the dry cleaning and basically be a maid. The title "Personal Assistant" sounded so classy but in truth, I am that snail attached on Xiumin's sleeve. Well at least I get to be another creature of God aside from being the ugly duck that I am.

I also got introduced to everyone who reminded me of the people in Luhan's magazine. They all looked like wolves and I was the unlucky prey. What on earth did I ever do to these people? I got my job fair and square. Or did I?

"Luhan didn't, by any chance, tell you to hire me, right?" I bravely asked Xiumin.

We were headed home in his car, insisting that I should be riding with him from now on. I didn't agree, of course, but I went home with him that day out of courtesy. He's been kind and I thought to myself that I owe him.

"It dosn't always have to be about you and Luhan." He shook his head while smiling.

He carefully turned right to the road leading to the mansion and glanced at me probably because I shut my mouth for once. Come to think of it, all this time, it has been about me and Luhan.

"I'm sorry. I just can't help but think that Luhan told you to hire me..." I trailed off, realizing my own stupidity.

"No offense but, I'm not his pawn."

"I realize that Op-"

I stopped myself a little too late. I still have to get used to Xiumin being my boss. I can't go around the office calling him Oppa or else I'll the target of all female employees.

"Haha... You can still call me Oppa. Just make sure no one hears you or I have to fire that person."

I think I snapped my neck when I suddenly looked at Xiumin. He's definitely kidding, right? Does he mean he'll fire anyone that bullies me?

"Yup."

"What?" I asked.

"I don't like seeing you being mistreated, Eula. My blood's boiling when I see anyone treating you bad."

Xiumin stopped the car and I realized we were home. But still, I couldn't move from my seat as his eyes held me in place. He seemed so calm yet there was something about the way he looked at me that felt off... almost scary.

"Xiumin Oppa is really very thoughtful." I smiled and got off the car.

He followed but let me walk ahead of him. I could feel my back burning as I imagined Xiumin watching me until I got into my room. I put a hand on my chest and felt it going wild.

"I'm starting to think it's a bad idea." I whispered to myself.

Luhan's POV

I've been working on a presentation for three days now but I still haven't found satisfaction on it. We are bidding for being the sole provider of parts for an automotive company here in Switzerland and my mother's team is already exhausted. We've been all working one project after another since we got here. If that's not crazy enough, my mother also wanted me to be friends with every single soul we meet because as she said, "They are all potential business partners".