Chapter 4

The Point of Confusion

Luhan's POV

Finally. She's mine. She's mine for good.

I can't believe I'm engaged, happily engaged for that matter. Who would've thought that someone would actually make me want to settle down? I twisted and turned on my bed, trying hard to contain the happiness in me.

"I'm engaged!" I shouted in my room without giving a shit about those who'd hear.

I placed a hand on my chest and felt my heart beating fast and hard. When was the last time I have been like this? Eula... How the fuck did I freaking live 24 years without you?

"What are you smiling at, evil deer?" Eula asked from the passenger seat while we were driving to work.

I looked at her and that same cute smirk was painted on her face. My eyes landed automatically on her hand wrapped around her seatbelt. The diamond ring glinted against the sun and for a moment I had the urged to pull over and kiss her.

"I wish I'd met you in high school or earlier." I told her as I focused back on the road and sped up.

She let out a quiet shriek. She is at her cutest when she's angry or scared. It makes me want to protect her... giving me a greater purpose. Yeah, I'm that kind of crazy. Must be in the genes or something.

"Why?" She snorted a little. "Like you'd actually notice me with all those girls."

"Yeah, you're right." I chuckled and she hit my arm with her pro wrestler fist. "I have been popular since I can remember... always surrounded by girls."

"Playboy." She muttered.

"I'm not a playboy, Eula." I said firmly. I'm not.

"How many girls did you sleep with before Luna?"

The traffic light went red and I stopped the car to look at her in the eye. I know what she thinks. She'd seen the broken version of me and got the idea from there.

"Playboys date girls senselessly at the same time. Sure, I fucked around but when I was with Luna, it was only her. I loved her and she trusted me." The words tumbled out before I could even stop them.

Eula sealed her lips in a tight line and looked forward the already moving traffic. I breathed in and drove the car quietly. When we reached the office, I took her hand just in time before she opened the door.

"Eula... listen." I closed my eyes for a few seconds, trying hard to put together the right words to tell her.

"It's okay, Luhan. I know how important she is to you—"

"Eula..."

"It's okay." Her eyes watered but no tears fell. "But she is in the past now, right?"

"Yes. And so is everything you knew about me. Playboy or not, I will never let anyone go between us, Eula."

We walked hand in hand into the office and everybody congratulated us for the engagement. How did they know? Well, I have a really good, talkative mother with a Facebook account, that's how.

I walked my fiancée to her desk and made my way to my room. Sitting at the desk near my door is a man I've never seen before. He looks a little young, probably the same age as Eula. Jin, my secretary, noticed me eyeing the new face so she hurriedly stood up, taking a folder from her table.

"Ah, sir... this is Mr. Kim, our cover model for the special music issue." I took the file from her and opened it.

"Kim Jongdae." I read out loud amusedly.