Chapter 27

The One That Got Away

Luhan's POV

I wore my best light pink shirt, remembering that Luna liked pink. I tried not to put too much perfume because she has this thing about men's perfume: she said it's made to destroy her lungs. Luna is an artist and knows what matched and didn't match so I was careful in choosing my pants and shoes. When I was done, I admired myself in the mirror. It's been a while since I was this meticulously dressed. Don't get me wrong. I always dress well but with Luna, everything should be particular.

I placed my phone on my table, leaving it there because of Luna's request. I got out of my room and went to my car. It was a cool night. Perfect for a date.

It would have been a lot more perfect with Eula.

A few minutes later, Luna walked out of the door in a beautiful white dress and leather jacket. She smiled at me as she walked towards me. Maybe it wouldn't be wrong to wonder what could have been if Luna and I have met by chance and not by and agreement. What if she never had to lie to me and leave me clueless and vulnerable?

But the thing is, she left me and I have found a better girl than her.

"Hi handsome." She said before reaching my collar to fix it.

"Born like this."

I opened the door for her and let her in the car. Luna is really beautiful and I wonder how she couldn't seem to find anyone other than me... or Suho. I took a deep breath and got in the driver's seat. My heart was pounding not because I was nervous but because I knew I was going to keep yet another secret from Eula.

But I promise that it's the last time I'll ever lie to her.

"Where are you gonna take me, babe?" Luna ask as we drove into the road.

"Somewhere you've never been to."

She smiled. That was what I would often tell her when she asked me this. Back then, I loved to surprise her... to spoil her to the point of exaggeration. Maybe it was what made her different from Eula. They are both simple women but Luna liked being treated like a princess and Eula... she liked to be treated as Eula. And I guess it will me a lot of time until I get used to it. Or maybe never. She's my princess and if I could give the whole universes to her, I would.

"Do you remember on our first date, you wore this very formal suit while I wore casual clothes?" Luna laughed lightly at the memory, "You got me a gown right that instant."

"You looked so disappointed, I couldn't stand it." I answered, which was the truth.

"And everybody says you're evil. How could a devil have such compassion?"

"Right. I'm an angel."

"You're my angel." She placed her hand on my shoulder while looking at me.

I glanced at her, without even trying to remove her hand. I smiled lightly, not giving anything away. I told myself that I should just enjoy this day but I guess it's gonna be the longest day of my miserable life.

I parked the car in front of a restaurant. I learned that it was the best restaurant in town and I confirmed it by not being able to get a reservation on my own. I had to call someone who mentioned that he had connections in this place. Over the night, the restaurant was able to squeeze my name in.

"It's beautiful here." Luna said, looking around in awe.

She held on to my arm as we threaded through the fancy lobby. I told the receptionist my name and he led us to our table by the window, overlooking a giant illuminated fountain. The lake in the distance seemed endless as the darkness of the night settled.