4.

Troye.

I pop a pill into my mouth, chugging water after it for it to go down my throat. I knew I shouldn't have had all that booze last night. I don't even remember all of their final song. My head still pounds even after taking two Advil and taking a nap. In the end, I decide that I might as well just go about my normal day of coffee shops, avocado wraps, and song writing.

I pack up a small backpack with my laptop, headphones, and song notebooks to walk to the closest coffee shop which is just two blocks away from my apartment. That's the amazing thing about living in California, there's a Starbucks or coffee shop on almost every single block. Back in Perth, we have to drive to the nearest Starbucks which is downtown.

Once I walk the five minute walk there, I set my bag down on an open two person table and sit on one side. After I order my normal latte, I get it and sit down, getting my stuff situated to write my songs. After I've been sitting for a few minutes, the door opens and I look up from my laptop and see a guy walk in the door. Another Typical Californian if I had to guess. Glancing up at him again,  I am shocked to see that this guy is...different. He wears black skinny jeans that aren't too skinny, a maroon sweater scrunched up at the elbows, and black Toms. A pair of aviator sunglasses cover his eyes from the outside world and his brown hair is quiffed up neatly. Damn.

I look back down at my laptop, trying not to stare at him for too long. He looks around the small coffee shop, and looks right at me. I look up when I feel his sight on me, and make eye contact. His glasses are still on his face, preventing me from seeing his eyes.

He turns slowly and walks to the counter since it's his turn to order and he orders something, though through the clamor of blenders and coffee pots, I can't hear what it is. He steps away from the counter and leans against the counter to wait for his coffee. He glances up at me multiple times and when I catch him, he darts his eyes down.

I see him take out his gray iPhone and type something, stopping every once and a while to look around. My phone buzzes and I look down at it, it's a notification from AirDrop.

I see you over there looking at me.

I look around the room and at everyone in the shop. Kids and elders. Teens and adults. Who is it? Could it actually be? And I see you looking at me. I respond with and he remains looking at his phone. I get another notification and look towards my left. There he is, typing away at his phone. He glances up at me and smiles.

Maroon sweater? I type back to the mystery user. I see the bubble appear that he's typing and his message appears a second later.
Correct. What's your name? He asks me, and I respond back with one word, just my name.
Troye? With an 'e' at the end? Exotic.

"Connor?" The barista calls a name out for a latte and he steps forward to grab his coffee. Once he does, he walks towards my table instead of the door. He pulls the chair out from the other side of the table and sits down across from me.
"Troye." He says as he gets comfortable in his chair.
"Connor." I say and he nods. With my accent, it comes out like 'Connah'. I close my laptop shut and pile my song notebooks on top of it. I don't let anybody to see them until I've at least established some sort of connection with them.

"Holy accent! Where are you from New Zealand or some where like that?" He asks me and I shake my head.
"Born in South Africa, raised in Australia."
"I was close enough with the New Zealand guess." He goes to take a sip of his coffee as I go to ask him a question. "Fuck this coffee's hot!" He interjects and I jump at the noise. People at other tables glare at us. You're also hot, I think to myself but I shake the thought away quickly.

"Troye what do you do that requires all that stuff? Are you a student?" He asks me and I shake my head.
"I'm a songwriter and musician. I travel around L.A. looking for my inspiration at coffee shops and other hipster locations. Stumbled upon this one today." I motion around the quite hipster coffee shop with dark lighting and indie music playing softly in the background.

"A singer songwriter? Awesome," He says and slowly takes a small sip of his coffee, "By the way, before you ask, the only reason I'm not taking these shades off is because I'm hungover as hell and the sunlight hurts like hell."
"Nice going. Then again, I was drunk last night too even though I'm technically not old enough to drink here but back in Australia I can."
"How old are you?"
"18. But my birthdays in three months."
"I'm 21 but my birthdays in five months." He says.

"Barely old enough to drink here. I wasn't even planning to get drunk last night. I was at a concert and whoops."
"What concert?" I ask him excitedly.
"Oh Wonder." He says and my jaw drops.
"No way! I was there too!" I say and he smiles widely.
"It was incredible wasn't it!" He tells me excitedly and I nod my head.
"I loved it! 'Technicolor Beat' was by far the best!" I think back to the concert and realize I don't really remember seeing all of 'Lose It' being preformed. I only remember a bit of it. Was I really that drunk? We keep talking about the concert, and when it comes time to go our separate ways, we exchange phone numbers.

When he gives me his number, I find another random contact named 'Connor'. Probably one of my old friends or one of Tyde's friends. It doesn't appear I ever texted that person, so I delete the contact before putting new Connor's contact in. When Connor and I go to part ways, I look him in the eyes and a feeing of deja vu washes over me. Why do his eyes look so familiar? The green tones seem perfect and familiar and beautiful. But where would I have seen them before?