15.

Troye.

My Skype rings once, twice, and a third time until a bright face appears on my laptop.
"Connah!" I yell happily and he smiles.
"Troye! How've you been?" He has a container of sushi sitting in front of him since its 8 o'clock at night in Minnesota. Meanwhile, its only 10 in the morning here in Perth.

"Pretty good. It's been nice being home. Dustin and Nicola went out barhopping. My parents went to dinner. Brandon is MIA. So I'm sitting here eating sushi." I laugh.
"My family is around the house since it's early." He nods and takes a bite of his sushi.

"I miss you." I say into the camera and Connor looks up from his sushi and up at me.
"I miss you too." He responds quietly and smiles slightly. There's a soft knock on my door and Sage opens it up.
"Tok what do you want for-IS THAT CONNOR?" She sees Connor on my screen and runs over so she's sitting next to me on my bed.

"Hi I'm Sage!" She says excitedly and waves. He waves back and laughs.
"I'm Connor it's nice to meet you!" He says perkily and she dives right into the questions.
"I've heard so much about you! Is it true you want to be a photographer?"
"Yep I've always had a knack for it so I figured I might as well just go for it." He answers back.

Sage continues to ask him questions until my mum walks in.
"Sagey what's taking you so long? Ooh is that Tok's boyfriend?" She sits down next to me on the other side. We go through the introductions again and Connor doesn't seem fazed one bit.

Soon after, my laptop is now downstairs and he's meeting my entire family. Tyde and Steele talk to him about living in LA. My dad talks
to him as if he was interviewing him for a job. He is in a way, since taking care of me is quite the production and task. Connor answers everything with ease but he does tell a small white lie we both agreed on telling. The Oh Wonder concert incident.

"How old are you exactly?" He asks him and Connor answers quickly.
"21 but I'll be 22 in a month." He eyes Connor skeptically but my mum changes the subject before he can question further.
"Are you in LA right now?" She asks and Connor shakes his head.
"I'm back home in Minnesota actually. I'll be back in LA in a week and a half."
"Do you and Tro live near each other?" She asks again and we both have the same response.
"Sort of. It's within walking distance but it's still about six blocks." He answers first.
"Most of the time we meet at the coffee shop or cafes directly between us."

"Meow!" Connor's cat Pre hops up on the table next to Connor and sits directly in front of the camera, blocking our view from him.
"Pre can't you see I'm busy talking to my boyfriend!" He says and the cat meows again.
"Sees as if you guys have met my cat Pre. Our other cat Sam is over there somewhere." He motions towards his living room.

Jagga walks by and looks up at the screen. As soon as she sees Pre on the screen, she goes ballistic. She barks like crazy and chargers towards the screen and camera. Pre looks up and jumps down terrified. Meanwhile, Connor and I laugh wildly.

After the chaos subsides, we begin to say goodbyes.
"I miss you Kitten." I say and Sage puts her hand on her heart.
"I miss you Koala. I'll talk to you soon though, okay?"
"Okay. Bye babe." I tell him and he waves before he hangs up. I sit in silence at the breakfast bar before I grab my laptop and stand up.

"I'll be upstairs."

****

"Tokkie! Dinner's ready!" My mum yells up from the kitchen. I stand up and walk out of my room to go eat with my entire family for the first time in five months. I know the dinner will most likely be about Connor and our relationship after they met him through Skype earlier.

I walk in the dining room and sit down next to Sage. Tyde and Steele sit next to each other on the other side and our parents sit on the ends of the table. After we pass foods around and make our plates, we begin to eat.

"Connor seems nice." Sage says and breaks the silence.
"Oh yes very. He seems like a very sweet young man." My mum says and my dad takes another bite of his food.
"Not too sure I like the fact he's going to be 22 in a month though." My dad says after chewing and my heart sinks. I knew he wouldn't like that.

"It's just three years Shaun. I'm sure it's fine." My mum assures him.
"It's fine dad he takes good care of me in LA." I'm the one assuring him now.
"He's going to be 22, Troye. You're 19. I don't like the idea of you running around with a boy three years older than you in a different country than us."
"Shaun it's fine. I trust Troye and Connor to both make good decisions." My mum shuts him up once and for all.

"Have you guys kissed?" Sage asks out of the blue. I don't answer immediately but I look up at her blushing slightly.
"Yeah. We have." I return to eating my food and avoid eye contact with everyone. This is not the time Sage. Not the time. Dad's already pissed off enough. Informing him I've kissed this older boy is not ideal.

After I've finish I stand up and clear my plate. I didn't say anything else the entire dinner. I was too embarrassed and even though kissing my boyfriend isn't that big of a deal, it is in my family. My father has always been strict about dating for every kid in the family but mainly me. He just wants the best for me.

Once I return back up to my room, I lay down on my bed, not knowing what to think or do. There's a soft knock on my door. My mum opens the door and closes it behind her. She walks over to my bed and sits down next to me.

"Don't you worry Tokkie. Dad will come around." She hugs me once I sit up in the bed.
"Do you really think so?" I ask her in a childlike voice.
"I do. He's always been very protective of you kids and dating. He's just worried about you."
"He shouldn't be. Connor has and always will have my back no matter what. He takes really good care of me."
"I don't doubt that for a second Tok. Dad just needs time."

She stands up after that and begins to walk out of my room. Once she's out I fall back onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling. Time. That's what we all need. Too bad that I need time to go faster and it seems to only be going slower by the second.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
Two updates in two days? What? I hope you guys liked this chapter. The story so far has 300 reads which is crazy since I never thought I would get any. Thank you guys so much!
            Stay awesome,
                   Madi