26.

Troye.

As I walk hand-in-hand with Connor down the terminal, he gets antsy.
"I just want to see my family!" He says and then Connor's face lights up.
"Nicola! Brandon! Dustin!" He yells his sibling's names and runs towards them. His older sister embraces him warmly and upon seeing me she squeals and hugs me too.
"It's so nice to see you Nicola." I say into her shoulder and she lets go of me.
"It's nice to see you too Troye."

I approach Dustin, whom I only know from pictures and hug him.
"It's nice to meet you Troye. I've heard good things."
"It's nice to meet you too Dustin." For an instance he looks at me shocked. He probably didn't know I had an Australian accent.

Brandon approaches me.
"Nice to meet you Troye. I'm Brandon." He hugs me.
"It's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you."
"Hopefully all good but you never know with Connor. He has some bad stories about me." I laugh at his comment.

Connor rejoins us with his suitcase behind him. He slinks his arm behind me and rests it on my hip loosely.
"Well we should get home. We dropped Mom and Dad off at the restaurant and they're probably waiting." Nicola says and we nod. We walk outside and in the direction of where they must've parked. Connor and I hold hands as we walk and when we reach the car, we put our suitcases into the back.

I hop in the backseat next to Connor and Nicola. Connor sits in the middle of us and still holds my hand.
"Wait!" Brandon yells and lifts up his phone, "Family selfie." He takes a selfie with all of us cramped into it. I feel warm inside that they are already referring to me as family, considering my family does the same for Connor and they've yet to meet him.

We start to drive and music plays softly. The siblings talk and laugh in unison. It's quite freaky. I grab Connor's hand and squeeze it softly. I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents. My boyfriend whom I am in love with.

We drive past a sign saying something about us being in Wisconsin.
"Wait aren't we supposed to be in Minnesota?" I ask them concerned.
"The airports in Wisconsin. La Crescent is just over the border."

"So your airport is in a different state?" They all nod.
"In Australia we can drive for days and we're still in Australia. Not like we can go anywhere by car besides there though."
They laugh at what I say and I look out the window.

"Holy shit is that snow?!" I yell out suddenly and they laugh.
"You've never seen snow before?" Nicola asks me and I shake my head.
"It's never snowed all the years I've lived in Perth and it doesn't snow in LA. So no I haven't."

Within minutes we're pulling into the parking lot of a restaurant and it's still snowing heavily. When I get out of the car, the white snow falls into my hair and I stick my tongue out to catch it. Connor laughs as I walk bewildered in the snow and he takes a video of it for Snapchat.

We walk through the parking lot and I run to Connor. When I reach him, I grab the gray beanie off of his head and pull it on to mine childishly.
"Troye! That's my hat!" He yells out and tries to grab it but I go on my tiptoes to avoid his reach.

"And I'm your adorable Australian boyfriend that steals your clothes and happens to be very cold." I smile my cheeky grin and he shakes his head.
"You are pretty adorable though." Connor tells me and grabs my hand.

As we walk into the restaurant, I begin to feel nervous. Connor squeezes my hand tightly, sensing I'm nervous, and brings my hand up to his mouth. He kisses my knuckle and squeezes it again before returning it down to our sides.

Nicola, Dustin, and Brandon wave to Connor's parents. Connor sees them and waves excitedly. When we approach the table, they stand up and hug him tightly. His mum walks up to me and hugs me. "It's so nice to finally meet you Troye."
"It's wonderful to meet you Mrs. Franta." I say and she smiles.
"Call me Cheryl dear."

Connor's father approaches me.
"I'm Peter. You must be Troye."He sticks out his hand and I shake it.
"Pleased to meet you sir." He looks shocked like Dustin and Brandon both did.
"Are you from Australia?" He asks me questioningly.
"Born in South Africa, raised in Perth Australia."
"I can tell by your accent." I feel an arm slink around my hip like it did at the airport.

"Hey babe." Connor looks over at me and kisses me. I smile and we walk and sit down next to each other at the table. The restaurant is a pub atmosphere and has bar food. I open my menu and look immediately at the burgers. That's the incredible thing about America. They have the best burgers in the world.

"So Troye you told me you are from South Africa and Perth, how long have you lived in Australia?" Here we go. The inaugural 'Do You Have the Permission to Date my Child' interview. This time, it's his dad that starts the questions.
"I moved to Perth from Johannesburg when I was two so I've lived there for almost 18 years. Now I live in LA since my label is based there."

"Label?" Brandon asks me.
"I'm signed to Capital Records as a recording artist. I'm actually releasing an EP in a few months and an album by the end of the year." They all look at me with shocked looks.
"Connor you never told us that!" Dustin yells and Nicola laughs.
"When I was in California visiting Connor, Troye was writing his last EP."
"We need to listen to it in the car!" Cheryl says excitedly and Connor and I both laugh.

The waitress comes over and takes our orders. Connor and I both end up getting burgers and fries.
"How long are you boys here for?" Peter asks and I look at Connor.
"Six days since we're heading to Australia to spend New Year's with Tro's family." He answers and I add in a comment.

"The weather this time of year is definitely better in Perth." I joke and they laugh.
"Anywhere this time of year is better than this freezing suburbia." Connor mumbles and I smile at him.
"I'm sure your little suburbia is lovely in the summer though."

The food arrives then and I begin to eat it. Connor shows me the video of me in the snow. We show it to his parents and they both die laughing.
"We need to have a snow war while you're here Troye!" Cheryl exclaims and Connor agrees.
"As long as I get you to come to the beach with me in Perth." I tell them all and Connor cheers.

"Looks like we're having a snow day then Troyeboi."

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
Guess who's going to California on 2/27/16? ME!! I'm gonna die cause I'm visiting USC which is my dream school and I'm going to Hollywood and Disney! Tronnor sadly won't be in LA since Troye has his east coast shows :(
                 Xx,
                   Madi