34.

Connor.

February 7th, 2015.

I hold Troye's hand tightly as we walk through a door. We walk up to the front desk and a woman looks up.
"We have a reservation for two. It should be under Mellet." Troye tells her and she types something into the computer. With a nod, she grabs two menus and begins to lead us to a table.

The restaurant has dim lighting with small gas lamps hanging above tables, adding to the romantic theme. Booths line the walls and tables are in the middle of the room. Wine bottles are filling up an entire wall for decoration and only one window is in the room.

The hostess stops and motions to a small booth in the corner and Troye and I sit down at it across from each other. She hands us our menus and shoots us a smile before walking away. Troye looks at me with a grin.

"My name is Austin and I'll be your server tonight. Can I get you two gentlemen some drinks?" The waiter asks us after he approaches our table and looks at me. It's only then I remember that Troye can't drink here in the US. We've been back in the states for three weeks now. Not wanting to torture him by drinking, I turn to the waiter.
"Can I get a green tea with peach please?" He says to him and the waiter turns to me.
"I'll take that too thanks."

When he comes back with two glasses, we lift them up to cheers with each other.
"Happy anniversary darling." Troye says quietly and I clink our glasses together.
"The best year of my life." I add in and take a sip of the cold tea.

Once we set our glasses down, I grab his hand over the table and hold it gingerly. Troye gives it a small squeeze and smiles erupt on both of our faces.
"I can't believe I've had the privilege to love you for a year already." Troye mumbles and he brings my hand up to his mouth and he kisses my knuckles.

"Tro babe we're in public." I whine to him and he smiles.
"So what? The world can't know I'm madly in love with you?" I blush lightly and look down at the floor with a smile.
"No they can know. It would be impossible for them to not see it."

The waiter comes walking back over to take our orders. Since the restaurant is known for their fondue, we both get two types of fondue. I order the chicken and shrimp while he gets pork and steak.

All around us, couples eat dinner and celebrate their own occasion. A young couple that can't be but a few years older than us sits across from us in their booth. Troye hits my hand on the table and we look over in the direction at them as the man gets down on one knee with a ring in hand.

The entire restaurant goes silent and we watch intently as she nods and begins to cry, having the ring slipped onto her finger. We all applaud as the couple embrace and she wipes her tears. When I look over at Troye he's smiling but the smile soon falls from his face.

"I hope one day I can get married." He says and locks eyes with me I grab his hand from over the table and hold it warmly.
"You will. Someday." I assure him and he smiles. I'm trying to be hopeful, but deep down I'm uncertain. Who knows how long it'll be until gay marriage is legal?

Austin walks to our table and sets down the tray of raw meat and vegetables and lights the fondue pots. He explains to us how long to cook for and leaves us to begin. I grab a piece of shrimp and put it on my skewer before I put it into the oil. Troye does the same and grabs a piece of steak.

Dinner goes by without incident except Troye accidentally splatters boiling oil onto his hand, insisting he needed me to kiss it to make it better. He's literally five. Not five minutes after we finish our dinner, out is brought the next course. Chocolate fondue.

Troye's eyes light up and he smiles his goofy smile. He dips a piece of strawberry in chocolate. Troye holds it out towards me and I open my mouth. With a smile he misses my mouth and it hits my cheek.
"Troye!" I exclaim and he smiles and laughs with a cheeky grin.
"Oops." He grabs a napkin and hands it to me for my to wipe my face.

I do so and begin to eat the fondue while Troye does the same. We eat until we have had our fill and I secretly tell Austin to give me the check when Troye is in the bathroom. When Troye returns from the bathroom, he sits down as Austin delivers back my card.

"Connah you didn't have to pay!" He says and I shake my head.
"Too late. Too bad. I already did." He pouts at me but smiles.
"Thank you Babe." He says and I smile at him again. We stand up to leave the restaurant and I kiss his cheek.
"You're welcome Koala Bear."

I grab his hand in mine and we begin to walk out of the restaurant. People smile at us as we past their tables and we maneuver to the door, still hand in hand. We walk out and begin to walk down the sidewalk.

We begin to walk home hand in hand and I stop Troye suddenly. I grab my phone from my back pocket and aim it at Troye. The light is hitting only his prominent facial features and I can see his outline besides that. I snap the picture of Troye smiling and edit it quickly to post it on my Instagram.

One year with my Koala Bear.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
Today was pretty awful for me since I was told my boyfriend might dump me :\
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you guys so much for nearly 4,000 reads!
                       Xx,
                         Madi