51.

Troye.

We get inside of Connor's car and drive to the restaurant everybody is eating at. I hop in the passenger's seat and turn on the radio once the car starts. I connect my phone to the auxiliary cable and begin to look for a song. I click play on the first of many songs from Blue Neighbourhood on my phone. I press play on the first song listed.

"...the sun sets longer, where I am from. Where dreams come to die while having fun..." I look over at Connor and think off all the fun times we've had before. There's too many. I may not be from here but I feel as if this small town of La Crescent, Minnesota has become a new home.

"...yeah there's so much history in these streets and mama's good eats, Oh Wonder on repeat..." Connor's face lights up when Oh Wonder is mentioned and he looks at me admiringly.
"...there's so much history in my head, the people I've left, the ones that I've kept..."

When it gets to the beginning of the chorus, Connor looks over at me as I prepare to sing along with my own song.
"Have you heard me on the radio? Did you turn it up? On your blown out stereo, in suburbia."
He places his hand on my knee, keeping one hand on the steering wheel.

"Babe can you play that one song you told me about at Disneyland? Heaven?" He asks me, once Suburbia ends. I look over at him and smile.
"Of course." I press play on the song as it begins to play through the car radio.

When we pull into the parking lot and Connor turns off his car, he races around and opens my door for me. I jump out and immediately lace our fingers together. We walk in the restaurant hand-in-hand and they lead us to the large table where everybody already sits in a side room, awaiting our arrival.

"Hey!" Nicola yells when she sees us and everybody turns around. A murmur of happy birthdays erupt and Connor thanks them happily. I take a seat at my seat next to Connor and everybody asks him how our day has been.
"Fantastic," He responds with, "Troye here made it incredible though." His grandma awes at us and Connor rests his hand nearest me on my knee under the table. His hand rarely leaves there except for when we hold hands and place them on the table.

"So Troye you make songs right?" His aunt asks and I look up.
"Yes I do. I just dropped an EP a week ago and my album is coming out on December 4th." She looks at me very impressed.
"He played me some songs on the way here actually. They sound amazing," Connor gushes, "Look at my boy. Being all famous and shit." He kisses my cheek while I hope the table doesn't mind a little PDA.

"You guys need to stop you're too cute." Brandon gushes at us, earning a buzz of laughter from the table.
"Oh we won't stop. We've only been together for just over a year and a half. We're just getting started." He assures and looks over at me. I smile at the comment. We're just getting started yet it feels like I've known Connor forever.

When it comes time for Con to open presents, the entire table hands over cards and small gift bags. He receives music, money, gift cards, and coffee.
"Thank you guys so-"
"You forgot one, Con." I interrupt him and pull a card and small gift bag out from under my chair. I had Nicola place it there earlier.

"Tro?" I hand him the blue bag and he grabs the card in his hands. He opens it slowly and removes the card.
"Should I read it out loud?" He asks and I nod. Everybody sits attentive as they await for him to read the card I gave him.

"Dear Con,
Happy Birthday my love. I'm so blessed and thankful to have an amazing boyfriend like you. When I met you I knew I would fall for you hard and I couldn't prevent it. If I remember correctly, last November, we sat on your couch late at night and talked about what we wanted to do at some point in our lives. Are you still up to do one of those things?
Yours always,
Tro"

He reaches into the bag and Connor pulls out a VIP pass for my concerts starting next month. He pulls out the next thing, a tissue paper wrapped item. Slowly he begins to unravel it and pulls out the two pieces of paper inside.

"Oh my god Tro!" He says into my shoulder after he hugs me. Mrs. Franta reaches over and grabs the two tickets.
"You guys are going to Europe!" She says excitedly and the table gasps at it. Connor holds me tighter.
"Thank you so much baby." He whispers in my ear and I kiss his cheek.
"Anything for you my love. I remember how much you said you wanted to go. Plus I'm touring there in November."

Connor lets go of me and sits back down facing the table.
"Thank you everybody for the best birthday ever!" He says excitedly.
Ten minutes later, it's just his mum, dad, and siblings left. I hug Nicola, Brandon, and Dustin before they leave in one car.

I approach Cheryl and Peter and Cheryl embraces me tightly.
"Thank you for making my son so happy." She says into my ear.
"Thank you for accepting me into your family and for raising an incredible son like Con." I say back to her and she lets go of me smiling. I approach Peter next and he wraps his arms around me.
"You're a lovely boy Troye. I can tell you love my son so thank you for that. But thank you for making him happy."
"It's my pleasure sir."

Peter and I rejoin Connor and Cheryl and we walk out into the parking lot.
"I assume you guys are staying at the hotel again tonight since we have a full house?" Cheryl asks and we nod.
"We'll be over tomorrow for breakfast at 11." Connor hugs his mom and dad, "Love you guys. See you tomorrow!"
"Bye Frantas!" I yell as they get into their car. Once we step into Connor's car, Too Good begins to play.

"Scared my love, you'll go. Spend my love, heartbroke..."

We arrive at the hotel just after 11 and walk to the room on the fourth floor with joined hands in silence. Just enjoying each other's company. Nobody is in the hallway or frankly in the hotel it seems. I unlock the door quickly with the room key and open it up for both of us. Connor joins me inside and as soon as the door shuts, our lips are collided against each other's.

I pin Connor against the wall and he tangles his hands into my hair.
"Come on boy lets have some fun." I say to him lustfully and he begins to slide his hands up until he reaches the buttons of my shirt. He begins to slowly unbutton them one by one, revealing my bare chest.

So I take a sip wait till it hits, that liquid guilt is on my lips.
I'm wasted on you.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
TOO GOOD TO BE GOOD FOR ME. TOO BAD THAT THATS ALL I NEED. yes I understand that they're 5 but I had to again I'm sorry. ALSO ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER😭
Xx,
Madi