39.

Troye.

I sit on the couch right outside the recording booth next to Emma and Allie. We're supposed to be working but have since retreated to sharing stories and singing to Carrie Underwood loudly. Everyone else went out to dinner but we stayed back and are sitting eating sushi on the couch. Thank the lords for delivery sushi.

"Em can I have a beer?" I ask with pouty eyes and she looks at me with a look of consideration. She grabs the beer and hands it to me and I twist the top off using my bare hand. Allie and Emma both sit cross legged on the couches beside me.

"So Troyeboy how's you and Connor?" Allie asks and I smile, taking a sip of my beer and holding it in my hand.
"Fantastic. Since we've met each other's families we're thinking of taking a step further in our relationship and moving in but it wouldn't make a difference cause he sleeps at me place every night."

I talk quickly and they both glance at each other with smiles on their faces.
"You guys need to stop. It's too cute." Emma gushes and Allie places her hands over her heart.
"If you guys get married and have kids, you better name one Allie in my honor." I smile at her comment and open up my song notebook.

There's song lyrics littering the pages, some of which have become actual songs and some of which that are yet to be recorded. I date each page when I write something to remember everything about the event that sparked the lyric.

On the top of a page, it's dated 10/17/15. I read the lines I have written silently to myself.
"And sometimes you drain out on the shit that used to feel right." I say the words under my breath subconsciously and Allie looks at me with wide eyes.
"What was that again?"
I look up, not realizing I'd said the words aloud.

"It-It's something I wrote a while ago when Connor and I were broken up. I was so sad that I began to just write sad things and I wrote down that line." I say and Emma and Allie lock eyes.
"Say it again." Allie says and stands up. She walks to the keyboard and stands there waiting.

"And sometimes you drain out on the shit that used to feel right." I say it with no melody or beat whatsoever.
"Empty swimming pools." Allie sings the line and plays a little riff on the keyboard. I smile and Emma looks at us shocked.

"Did you guys seriously just come up with the base of another song?" She asks with her mouth agape and Allie and I begin to laugh. Emma is rarely in the studio when we write songs, she's normally only there when I record them. She likes to leave the writing part up to us.

"Connor!" I see my boyfriend walk in the room and I jump up from the couch. He opens up his arms and hugs me tightly in his arms and he buries his head into my chest, "What're you doing here, Kitten?"
He steps back and stands beside me, "I came by to pick you up and the lady at the front desk just told me to come back here."

I remember then that it's nearly eight o'clock and I've been at the studio for over five hours. Connor had a shoot downtown with his friends Kian and JC this afternoon and is probably coming home from that. I can't drive in the U.S. so most of the time, Connor or Emma are my own personal Ubers. Sometimes it's nice and other times, it can be annoying.

"Have a seat Connor. We were just finishing up a song we began to write today." Emma says to him and Connor sits down next to where I was on the couch. He drapes his arm on the back of the couch so that its around my body but not actually touching me.

"Where were we again?" Emma asks and I sing a line.
"And sometimes you drain out on the shit that used to feel right." We sit and Emma hums something. Allie plays what she just hummed on the piano.
"Is the piano supposed to be lyrics?" Connor asks and I nod.

They play a new sound on the piano and Connor looks deep in thought.
"There's a glimmer of hope like an exhale of smoke in the sky." Connor mumbles the words but I hear them and I sing them out again
"And sometimes you drain out on the shit that used to feel right. Empty swimming pools."

Emma and Allie cheer and Connor smiles at me.
"Looks like Connor should be in the studio with us more often." I smile and wrap my arms around Connor.
"My heart. My poor little heart can't handle the cuteness." Allie says from the other couch with her hands over her heart again.

"I know my boyfriend is cute you don't have to tell me." I say and look up at Connor. He smiles and kisses my forehead before he reaches behind me and grabs my sushi container. Connor begins to eat my sushi and I shake my head at him jokingly. Allie and Emma walk outside the studio to get some fresh air and leave us alone for a little while.

Connor slides his body so he's practically sitting on my lap eating my sushi. I pull out my phone and begin to scroll through Tumblr while Connor inches even more onto my lap. Emma and Allie are still outside as Connor turns around and kisses me on the mouth.

Connor is straddling my seated body and kissing me stronger and stronger. He places both of his hands onto my face and pulls both of our bodies back, keeping his lips on mine. I place my hands on the small of his back firmly.

Emile, Jake, and Bram walk in the studio and stop in their tracks when they see Connor and I.
"Uhhh guys?" Jake asks and we look over at them in panic. Connor leaps off of my lap so he's sitting next to me instead and I look at the floor.

"Hey Jake how are you?" Connor asks nonchalantly, trying to play it off cool.
"Uhh I'm good. How are you guys doing?" He eyes us and Emma and Allie walk back inside, entering the awkwardness in the room.
"Did we miss something?" Allie asks and Connor and I blush while Jake begins to cackle.

"It's a good thing we walked in when we did otherwise there would've been some stuff going on..." Connor and I blush even more as Jake finishes his remark. Emma turns to us.

"T, we've been through this. No sex in the studio." Troye groans and shakes his head.
"You guys are unbelievable. I would never do that in the first place!" He exclaims.

"Well it looked like you were pretty close to though..." Bram trails his thought off and I stand up with Connor.
"I'm done with you all. Now if you excuse us, we're going to go make out in peace." Troye says jokingly and pulls me outside the studio, closing the door behind us firm.

//\\//\\//\\/\\//\\/\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
Long time no see guys! I hope you all haven't forgotten that I exist. By the way, I started a new oneshot book so you should go check that out. Also, if you click the link in my bio, it'll take you to my new Tumblr for Troye + Conchobar. Sorry for so much promo, I'm desperate.
                       Xx,
                          Madi