37.

Troye.

I turn up the radio as Connor drives down the highway, trying to find a radio station to listen to. In the end I grab the auxiliary cable and plug it into my phone, going to my Spotify and selecting LANY from the playlist.

"...oh my heart hurts so good, I love you babe, so bad, so bad."

I think back to our first date at Santa Monica Pier. This song was playing in the car as we held hands and drove towards the ocean. Back then the lyrics weren't completely true, considering we'd only been dating for a few weeks. Now, the lyrics are true. I love Connor so bad.

"...mad cool in all my clothes. Mad warm when you get close, to me..."
Connor looks over at me after the verse and he grabs my hand, keeping one hand firmly on the wheel. Today, he's wearing my favorite black jumper and has it rolled up at the sleeves. He takes a turn off the exit with a single sign above it-Disneyland.

I've never been to Disneyland, only Disney World years ago after a YouTube convention. Connor promised me that he would take me at some point and now he finally was. I am like a little kid again, fidgety and excited to get there. I'm sure that I'm driving Connor insane by asking him if we're almost there every five minutes.

As the song comes to an end, we pull into the parking lot of Disneyland. I hop out of the car, making sure I have my phone and wallet. Connor walks around the front of the car and grabs my hand again. He has the tickets out in his hand as we walk towards the entrance to the park.

"Tickets please," A woman wearing Mickey ears asks us, and Connor hands them over to her. She scans them and hands them back to us, "Have a magical day." We cast her a smile and walk into the park hand-in-hand. Connor laughs at the fact that I'm practically dragging him around.

"Where do you want to start baby?" Connor asks and I look around.
"I don't care. Anywhere." I answer and Connor looks around and smiles at the castle. We begin to walk through the crowded Main Street U.S.A towards Sleeping Beauty's castle.

The sun is shining warmly in the sky above us. People mill around, little kids dressed like princesses and pirates and fairies all around us with their parents. Connor pulls me towards the shops on one side and opens the door for me. I walk inside and look around. There's everything Disney in there.

Connor and I walk to the hat area and he grabs one of the yellow dog, Pluto, and places it over my curly hair. I laugh and he pulls me towards the mirror to look in it. He grabs a Mickey Mouse hat that has ears sticking out from the top and puts it onto his head.

"Look at us we look adorable." I tell him and he takes out his phone. Connor takes a picture of us in the mirror and another one of him kissing my cheek. We walk to the counter and Connor takes out his credit card to pay.
"Babe you don't have to pay." I tell him and grab his arm to stop him.

"It's fine Koala. Don't you worry." He hands the clerk his card and she scans it, casting a smile at both of us. We tell her we would like to wear our hats and that we don't need a bag.
"Have a magical day gentlemen!" She says as we walk out of the store with a wave.

With our proper Disney attire, we begin to walk to the castle, stopping every once and a while to take a picture. Connor approaches an elderly woman and hands her his camera. After showing her how to work it, he walks to me and wraps his arm around my waist. I do the same for him and we smile widely as she takes the picture.

The woman hands us the camera back with a smile and Connor shows me the picture.
"Awww look at us! We're adorable." I exclaim and he smiles wider.
"Let's go ride some rides darling."

***

Connor and I laugh as we hold the picture from Hyperspace Mountain in our hands. I'm screaming In joy and Connor on the other hand, looks like he is shrieking in terror. The man sat behind me and Connor has his hands in the air above his head but has a look of boredom on his face.

We've ridden most of the rides we've wanted to ride and now, Connor and I have settled on a bench with a dole whip for each of us. It's a pineapple juice and vanilla ice cream float.
"God this is delicious. Can we get these more often?" I ask and Connor laughs.
"I'm down with that."

Across from us, a family settles in at a table. There's a little girl dressed like Cinderella, a slightly older boy dressed like Jack Sparrow, and an infant wearing a Winnie the Pooh onesie. They sit with their two dads and eat their snacks as Connor and I look on longingly.

"I can't wait till I'm a dad." Connor says and I grab his hand in mine.
"Someday. Someday you'll be a dad," I lean up and kiss his cheek, "And you're going to be the best dad there ever was."
We sit in silence after that and I can hear the sound of screams in the distance on the rides.

"You know I wrote a song about that. Wanting to be a dad and wanting a family and wanting to get married." I look at Connor after I finish and he smiles.
"What's it called?" I take another bite of my Dole Whip and set it down on the bench beside me before I tell him the name.
"Heaven."

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
I'll be at Disneyland on leap year so if that ain't magical I don't know what is. Sorry my writing has been shitty I'm kind of going through some stuff right now.
                     Xx,
                       Madi

PS: I'm starting a Oneshot book!  Stay tuned for updates!