29.

Connor.

"What time is your guys' flight at?" My mom sits on the couch with the rest of my family, including Tro and I.
"It leaves at 7 tonight." I answer.
"So what time is that Australian time?" She asks and I look down at Troye leaning against me.

"12 PM tomorrow," Troye answers, before adding in, "But Perth is only 14 hours ahead."
"Glad you know all this." I joke with him and smile. Troye's head is leaning against my chest and my arm is wrapped around him. Both of us have been trying to relax all day since a 24 hour flight is in our future.

We're flying into Sydney first since the flight from here is 24 hours with a stop in LA to refuel. The day after we land in Sydney, we're taking a shorter, five hour flight to Perth. Troye's family believes we won't be home until New Year's Eve but we're getting in the day before to surprise them.

The doorbell rings and Dustin jumps up.
"I'll get it!" He walks to the door, grabbing money from the counter we already sat out. I hear him talking to the guy at the door. Dustin thanks him before he steps back and slams the door with his foot, walking around the corner with pizza boxes in his arms.

"Dinner is served." He jokes as he sets them down on the counter and spreads them out. Troye and I stand up to help him by getting out paper plates and napkins. We hand them all to my family members and we begin to make plates piled with pizza, pasta, and salad.

I walk to the fridge and open it up wide to grab drinks for me and Troye.
"Tro do you want a beer?" I ask him and he nods.
"I'll take one. They'll probably let me drink on the plane too if I wanted since it's going to Sydney."

I hand him a beer and we walk to the kitchen table where some of my family is already sitting.
"We'll let the lovebirds sit next to each other." Nicola says with a wink and Troye and I sit down next to each other on one side of the table.

When everybody is sitting, my mom raises a glass to toast. We follow her actions and lift ours up.
"To family." My mom smiles at the end and looks around at all of us.
"To family." As we all say it and take a sip of our drinks, Troye's phone buzzes.

"Shit!" He yells out suddenly and panicky.
"What is it babe?" I lean over to look at his phone and my jaw drops, "Oh my god! Our flight got changed it's leaving in an hour! We gotta go!"

Troye and I jump up from our seats and run into my bedroom to finish packing. Hastily we throw our stuff in our suitcases, not bothering to make it neat. Our bags get packed in record time it seems and we pull them out back to the kitchen to see everyone putting on coats and shoes.

"What're you guys doing?" I ask my family and Brandon's the one to answer.
"Taking you guys to the airport of course. Plus we figured we might as well eat dinner together as a family in the car." Dustin and Nicola grab the plates of pizza as we load up the car.

Troye and I take our spots in the back row with Nicola, Brandon, and Dustin in the row in front of us and my parents in the front. They disperse the pizza plates to us all and we eat quickly. Nobody really talks since Troye and I are shoveling food in our mouths.

Signs begin to appear for La Crosse airport and Troye keeps checking the time.
"Okay 10 minutes at check in, 15 at security, 5 minutes getting to the gate. That leaves five minutes to say goodbye." He tells us and they pull into a parking spot.

It must look like quite the sight, an entire family piling out of a car with plates of food and only two of them leaving. My mom approaches me first and hugs me tightly.
"Have fun in Australia Con. Not too much though." I chuckle once and hug her tighter.
"I love you mom."
"I love you too Connor." She lets go of me and I approach my dad while my mom hugs Troye.

After hugging my dad, I walk to my siblings and hug them all tightly. They tell me things similar to my parents, to take care of myself and Troye and that they love me. Once I let go of Nicola, I step back and Troye grabs my hand. He gives it a light squeeze.

"Take care of him, Troye." Nicola yells out as we start to walk away and Troye turns around to face them with a smile.
"It's quite the task but I'll try!" He laughs at the end and turns back to me. Troye grabs my hand again and we run into the airport with our suitcases behind us.

30 minutes later, we're walking on to the plane out of breath and make our way to our seats. We sit down and buckle our seat belts since the plane is taking off in just five minutes. After the initial take off, they begin to come around with beverage carts.

"Since this is a flight to Australia and I can legally drink in Australia, can I have alcohol?" Troye asks the attendant and she laughs.
"Honey, we're going to Australia and you can do whatever you want."
Troye looks at me with a smile and grabs my hand.
"I think after today I deserve some alcohol."

****

As soon as I open up the hotel bedroom door, I walk in and pull my suitcase to lean against the wall. I collapse onto the single bed with Troye and he takes out his phone. He snaps a selfie of the two of us laying there.

Sydney, we're here...

He takes another one, only this time both of us look miserable. We both have a glare on our face at the camera but Troye changed his expression. Now he flips off the camera with a cheeky grin.

...and we're fucking wide awake.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
This chapter is pretty boring but the next one is v v exciting and fluffy and adorable. I've had it written for over a month so I'm really excited for you guys to read it!
Xx,
Madi

P.S. I'll give you two hints:

1) Jump starting your car cause this city's a bore, buying e-cigarettes at the convenience store.
2) But I got that cigarette smoke and Saint Laurent coat.

😏