28.

Troye.

I walk outside of our bedroom we're staying in. My legs make a swishing noise as I walk and I feel hot in all of the layers.
"I feel like a fucking marshmallow." I groan as I walk into the Franta's living room, where everyone stands in their snow gear.

"An adorable marshmallow though!" Connor says and walks towards me. He takes his gray beanie he always wears off of his head and puts it on my curly hair. I smile at the gesture and he grabs another one from the table.

"Ready?" Dustin asks and we all nod. The sound of the boots against the concrete garage floor echoes as they grab sleds. We walk outside and I get hit with a wave of cold. Connor, Nicola, Mrs. Franta, and I trudge up the driveway to the top of the hill with the sleds in tow.

When we reach the top, Connor sets down a sled for me. I sit down on it shakily and he puts his hands on my hips to push me.
"Ready?" I nod and he pushes me then. I go speeding down the driveway until I hit a patch of ice. The sled turns so I'm going backwards now, and fall into a snow bank, laughing the entire time.

Connor comes down the driveway and keeps going past me. He slows down and runs to the side as the girls come down the driveway. When he reaches me, he grabs my hand and pulls me up. The two of us run to the top of the driveway and go again.

We keep riding down multiple times until we declare a snowball fight to begin. Gina, Dustin's girlfriend, shows up and makes it an even number. We split it to Gina, Dustin, Connor, and I on one team and Brandon, Nicola, Cheryl, and Peter on the other.

We start chucking the snow at each other and Brandon hits me in the chest. I pick up a ball and throw it at him, hitting him in the thigh. Connor is battling it out with his parents and I join him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Nicola throw one at Connor.

I grab his arm and pull him down so he falls on top of me and out of the path of the snow. He grabs me and rolls us over so I'm on top of him and we jump up, grabbing chunks of snow and throwing them at everyone. Connor giggles as Dustin sneaks up behind me and puts a chunk of ice down my jacket.

I contract and scream at the cold. It falls out the bottom of my jacket and Connor picks up a chunk, throwing it at Dustin.
"Don't hurt my koala bear!" He yells and it hits Dustin in the chest. I laugh and hit Nicola in the leg again.

Connor grabs my arm and pulls me down on the ground where he is sitting already, after Brandon tripped him. I land on top of him and gaze into his eyes as I face him underneath me. He kisses me, not caring his entire family is most likely watching us.

I place my hand on his chest as we kiss and he separates us by just an inch. He smiles as he kisses me again and this time he grabs my sides in his hands. It's a short kiss but I feel a warm feeling inside.
"I love you Koala." He mumbles and I smile.
"I love you too Kitten."

"Uhhh guys?" I hear Nicola ask as we kiss again and we look over at them giggling. We get up and rejoin them.
"We need to take a family picture!" Connor yells out suddenly and they all nod in agreement. He runs inside and emerges with a tripod and his camera.

He sets it up in the driveway, pointing towards some trees. Connor's family walks behind it but I linger out for a minute before Connor presses the button for it to go and grabs my hand, pulling me in the picture. We kneel down in front of Nicola and Brandon and smile.

Peter gets up to look at it and gives us a thumbs up.
"Wait Troye stay there." Connor says and everyone leaves the frame with just me there. He presses a button and runs to me.
"Jump?" I ask when he approaches and he nods. I grab his gloved hand and we jump up right before the flash goes off when we're in the air.

When we land on the snow wobbly, we walk over to the camera to look at them.
"Awww that's adorable!" I exclaim and look at the picture. Connor takes the camera off of the tripod and we rejoin his family.

As they talk, the camera gets turned on me and I smile my wide grin at it. Connor takes pictures and shows them to me. Nicola looks over Connor's shoulder and grabs the camera. She turns it on us and holds it up to her eye.

"Come on act like you love each other!" She yells out and we smile with my arm wrapped around his back. We look at each other and laugh as the camera goes off. I adjust our position and kiss his cheek. Connor's face lights up with a smile at my contact.

He turns to face me as if he's going to kiss me but instead he moves his arms to around my body and picks me up. I get put on his shoulder with my head on his back and my legs on his chest.
"CONNAH PUT ME DOWN!" I yell at him but he just laughs.
"Nicola you might wanna get this on video!" Connor yells and she gets out her phone.

Once we know she's videotaping, Connor begins to walk over to a ginormous pile of snow created by a plow. I scream more at him to put me down but he continues to laugh.
"CONNAH I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU'RE GONNA THR-" My thought is cut off as he throws my body into the pile of snow. I scream as I sink into the fluffy snow.

After I regain my balance I stand up in the snow pile and Connor's entire family is exploding with laughter.
"Hey Connah!" I yell out and he looks up at me. Not caring at all, I raise my middle finger at him and smile.

Connor walks over to me and when he wraps his arms around my waist to get me out, I fall backwards and we tumble back into the pile.
"Fuck you Troye." He mumbles when we land. I grab his face in my hands.
"Payback is a bitch Connah."

Knowing we're enveloped in the privacy of the inside of the snow pile, I lean in and kiss him. It's warm against the cold snow and still air around us. At that moment, after being thrown into a snow pile and now kissing him in it, I realize that I may have found a keeper.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
I don't know why I'm updating so frequently now I just want to get this story moving more. Also it's officially halfway done! I have most of the story written already and there's going to be 56 chapters + an epilogue.
                   Xx,
                     Madi