38.

Connor.

The next month goes by quickly, with Troye always being at the studio and me beginning my photography work. Troye's album is well on it's way and most nights, he'll come up with a wide smile on his face, telling me he wrote a kickass song.

His eyes light up as he talks about the music he writes. Each song means something to him, and they all tell a story. He tells me the stories after I listen to the songs. When he writes sad songs, most of the time he cries as he tells the story and I hug him tightly to comfort him. Todayhowever, Troye is smiling and telling me a story about Perth. He just recorded his song 'Suburbia' today in the studio.

"Right before I left to move here, Ryan, Kay, Kerri, and I went to a park that we lived down the street from. It was about midnight and the stars were shining so bright, twinkling above us. We brought beer to drink and laid down on two picnic tables we pushed together and we stargazed. It was bittersweet, since we all knew I was leaving in two days but it still is one of my favorite memories."

We lay on my bed next to each other, leaning against the headboard. My arm is wrapped around his shoulders as he looks at me with a smile still plastered on his face.
"What about you? What did you do on your last day in Minnesota?" I think for a second before I smile at the memory.

"I stayed in with my family and we watched movies. We ordered Chinese food and just sad around. My mom cried knowing I was leaving and going to be so far away while my other siblings stayed in Minnesota. Describing it as bittersweet is pretty correct. I did want to get out of there though."

There's a soft knock on the front door that we both just barely hear from the other room.
"I'll get it!" Troye says and jumps up off the bed to answer the door. I get off of the bed more slowly and walk out of my bedroom and to the living room.
"Who was at the door babe?" My jaw drops as I see who it is.

They're of short stature, with light blue hair and wide rim glasses. He wears a white sweater that he's rolled up at the elbows and black skinny jeans. A nervous expression is on his face as he sees me.
"Tyler?"

"Hey Connor. I was just um, I wanted to see how you guys were doing. But I also came by to apologize." Troye looks at me from the door and I walk towards it.
"Do you wanna come in and talk?" I ask Tyler and he nods hesitantly and steps inside of my apartment.

Troye closes the door behind him and we walk to the couch. I sit down next to Troye while Tyler sits down on edge on the other side of the couch.
"So how've you been?" I ask and Tyler smiles slightly.
"I've been pretty good. Korey and I are official now and other than that things are pretty good."
"You guys are dating? That's great." Troye tells him and Tyler thanks him.

"That isn't the reason I'm here though. I'm sure you guys are still mad about what happened in September..." Troye glances at me out of the corner of his eyes and I take a deep breath, "I'm so fucking sorry I can't even explain it in words. I haven't been the same since then and I've missed you guys so much.

When I woke up that morning I didn't set out to wreck your guys' relationship. I was just dumb and jealous and drunk. Now that I have Korey, I understand just how bad my actions were and how hurt I would be if that happened to me and Korey. If you still are mad and don't want anything to do with me, I'll leave but I just wanted to tell you guys how I feel. I'm so sorry."

We sit in silence after he finishes, the silence is palpable. Nobody says anything until Troye speaks up.
"I'm sorry. I overreacted I just-I saw you kissing Connor and I panicked. I was pissed don't get me wrong and I still don't trust you completely but I forgive you I guess." Troye says the words shaky and Tyler looks relieved.

"Connor what about you?" Troye asks and I look up from the floor. I take a deep breath.
"It was a dick move Tyler," I say the words harsher than I meant to and Tyler's face changes to one of guilt, "But I forgive you."
Tyler looks up at me again and smiles.

"Come here." I stand up and open up my arms so Tyler can hug me. I hug the shorter boy while Troye stands up from the couch. Its nice to hug Tyler again and make amends with him, considering it's been six months since the incident. Tyler lets go of me and embraces Troye, though the hug isn't as long as ours.

"I guess I'll get going and leave you two alone." Tyler says but Troye speaks up.
"Are you and Korey doing anything for dinner?" Tyler looks shocked at Troye's question but shakes his head no.

"You guys wanna go get some beers and nachos downtown?" I smile and Tyler does as well.
"I think that would be perfect." Tyler states and I look at the both of them, happiness filling me as I now have my best friend back again.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/\\//\\//\\
Short little update for your Wednesday. So Tronler is back together now you're v welcome. Also troYES TOUR STARTS TONIGHT IM VERY PROUD AND SAD AND EXCITED BRB SOBBING.
                    Xx,
                      Madi