23.

Troye.

"...only fools fall for you, only fools. Only fools do what I do, only fools fall..."

Emma looks at me while I sing the song in the recording booth for the hopefully final time. This entire time she hasn't asked me what or who it's about and for that I love her. She doesn't always need to know the story behind something, but I assume she will ask since she's my best friend.

Once I finish, I stand in the booth to make sure the recording is good. When the producer gives me a thumbs up, I take off my headphones and replace them on the stand. I grab my bottle of water and walk outside where Emma stands waiting for me.

"Troye you sounded amazing!" She gushes and hugs me tightly. Once she's let me go, we walk outside into the small garden area.
I plop down at a red picnic table and she sits down across from me with her bottle of water.

"Troye if you don't mind telling me, what was you're inspiration for Fools?" She asks me once we're settled in our seats.
My heart drops and I feel it shatter on the ground again. She must've noticed my pained expression since she assures me I don't have to tell her.
"Connor." I tell her and my voice falters at the end of his name. She gasps and a sorrowful expression appears on her face.
"Troye... Oh my god. It's about you two?" She asks me and I nod slightly.
"I had no idea I'm so sorry." She stands up and walks to my side of the table and hugs me tightly.

At moments like these, I'm glad I have her. If I didn't have such an incredible manager who is ultimately one of my best friends, I don't know how I would be doing right now. In LA I don't have many friends but no matter how lonely I get, I still have Emma. It's like having a small piece of home and family with me here.

"So have you guys talked at all?" She asks me and I shake my head.
"I love him Emma, but now it's too late. I realized I sort of over reacted to it and now I don't know if I can get him back. He's been hurt before in the past, Em. He's probably just too scared to fall again."
"Troye. If you play him Fools he might realize it. You just poured your heart out into this song. Now go get his heart back."

I look over at her and smile weakly. It could work.
"Thank you Emma. Thank you." I say graciously, right as the producer comes outside. He sees my tear streaked face and looks at us questioningly.
"Am I interrupting something?" He asks and we both shake our heads.
"No." Emma says and he nods slightly.

"You guys wanna hear it?" He asks and we look at each other. I nod and stand up, helping Emma get to her feet. We walk in the studio again with our heads high and I sit down on the couch right outside the booth as the producer begins to play Fools and the piano intro plays.

Connor.

An email notification pops up on my laptop and I click on it to open it. Expecting it to be from my sponsors or some distant family member I've never met, I'm surprised when I see its from somebody different. Troye.

Dear Connor,
      I know that you most likely want nothing to do with me at the moment but I just wanted to send you this. It's a new song I wrote. If you don't want to talk to me again, that's fine. I just want you to listen to the song.
      If this is the last time we talk to each other, goodbye Connor. I hope you find someone who can love you better than I ever did. I was a bit of a fool for falling for you.
                    X,
                      Troye.

I stare at my computer, unaware of what I should do. I do what any logical person would do. I open the song and begin to play it. Three minutes and forty seconds later, I'm crying. I'm not just crying, I'm sobbing. I miss him. I miss him so much. I need to get him back. Now.

I log on to my Twitter account quickly and click to open a new tweet. I think for just a second what to say so that he'll get the message but nobody else will understand the meaning behind the tweet.

"Though I try to resist, I still want it all."

I type it up and press the post button before I can second guess what I'm doing. This will either go very well or very badly. Once it's sent, people start to favorite and retweet it though they don't know the meaning.

After just 10 minutes of the tweet being online, my phone buzzes on the table. I leap up from the couch and run to the table, praying its Troye texting me that he saw my tweet but no. It's Brandon. God Brandon who are you to give me false hope that my ex-boyfriend texted me telling me he still loves me?

While I'm holding my phone, it buzzes in my hands and I scream. My neighbors must think I'm being murdered. It's Troye! I read it and smile.

After a month and a half I hope you won't try to resist me anymore Connie.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
wooh another update! I really need to update more cause I have stuff that's happening starting 2/22/16 (AKA the day I see Troye). Also, thank you for 1.15K!
                   Xx,
                     Madi