48.

Troye.

With Wild coming out in just two weeks, everybody at the studio and EMI have been panicking. I won't get to be in Australia when the album comes out since I have a release party here in LA and interviews. There are so many things riding on this EP including the album, two tours, and all of my little shit I have planned to make the fans go crazy.

The song I began writing for Connor in June is well on it's way. I recorded it yesterday and now it's just the music we have to handle. Though I've wanted to tell Connor about the song, I can't. I'm planning to give it to him as a birthday present in some sort of way when we're back in Minnesota with his family.

I should probably go. Connor should be home from his shoot in a little while and I need to work on the song for him. Fingers crossed I get the music done in time.

I close up the journal Connor gave me for my birthday and set it down on my beside table. The keyboard sitting in the corner of our bedroom draws my attention and I stand up. When I reach it, I turn the setting on to make it sound like high-pitched synth and I sit down in the chair before it.

With my headphones in my ear, I trace my fingers over the keys before I put them in position to play an F chord. I press the keys at a fast pace and tap my foot to the beat as I move it up a step to the G chord. The tempo remains the same as I bring it back down to an Am (A Minor) chord and repeat.

I hum the words to myself as I stop  and write down the three chords so I don't forget. F-G-Am. The chords repeat over until I get to the chorus and I begin to change the chords a bit to test them out. D minor works well on one of the lines and I add that in.

I pull out my headphones. My fingers dance across the keys as I restart from the beginning to fully sing the words to the song.
"We are running so fast and we never look back and whatever I lack you make up." The lowness of my voice and the high synth sounds make it sound complete, like a whole song.

"We make a really good team though not everyone sees we've got this crazy chemistry between us." There's a warm feeling in my heart as I realize that I did it. I wrote the song. No longer did I have to worry about not having it done by his birthday.

"Jump starting your car cause this city's a bore. Buying e-cigarettes at the convenience store."
There's a tap on my shoulder and I instantly stop playing as I look back startled. Connor is standing there with his phone videotaping me and he laughs.

"Babe! Don't scare me like that!" He laughs as he lowers his phone and kisses me gently as I remain seated at the keyboard.
"Sorry Tro. What're you working on?" Connor asks the question nonchalantly and I stutter as I begin to speak.

"J-Just a song. I don't even know if it'll be on the album or not. How much did you hear?"
"Just that final bit. I got it on video too. You're reaction was great." Connor hands me his phone and I watch the video. He was right, only the last part can be fully understood.

"You can post this if you want." I hand him his phone back and he looks at me confused.
"Really? Are you feeling okay? You're normally Mr. Secretive." I laugh at Connor's comment and I stand up and sit beside him on the edge of our bed.

"Post it. It'll give the fans something Tronnor to feast upon until Wild is out." Connor laughs as he goes on Instagram to post the video while I sit on my phone and wait for all of the notifications. A notification letting me know that @connorfranta mentioned you in a video.

I click the notification and watch the video and hear me sing the line about e-cigarettes again. From the one line you can't tell what the song is or what it's about. Comments begin to flood in on the video, all of them freaking out over the line. caught the master at work. i wonder what he's working on?🤔

My phone buzzes in my lap and I grab it to see Emma's name across the top. I stand up and walk out of the room to take the call and Connor remains in our bedroom. As soon as I answer the call, Emma's voice yells through the phone.

"What song is that on Connor's Instagram?" There's a sense of urgency in her voice as I answer her question.
"It's my song for him." I practically whisper into the phone so Connor won't hear.
"Wait is it called 'for him' or is the song just like for Connor?"

Something in my mind clicks as she said those words.
"Both I guess. Why do you ask?"
"Because your EP is coming out in fifteen days and the fans don't know about the album so I was making sure your boyfriend didn't just spoil it-"
"Em it's fine. I told him he could post it. He doesn't even know the song is for him yet."

Emma lets out a drawn out sigh of relief.
"Alright. Well that was all. By the way that music is perfect."
"You really think so?" I ask with a hopeful tone.
"I know so. Bye T! Talk to you later."

Before I can say goodbye, Emma hangs up on me and I take the phone away from my ear. Connor walks into the living room with a concerned look plastered on his face.
"Everything alright?" I nod at his question before I let out a quick sigh of relief.
"Everything's great."

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
Guess who gets to spend their entire Saturday packing for California? Me! No joke I wrote this in an hour and apologies if the chords are wrong I used the guitar chords since I play guitar.
                       Xx,
                         Madi

PS: 2 days till leave this blue neighbourhood get excited.