14.

Connor.

The sheets and bed are warm against the cold air flowing in from the open window. I snuggle into Troye's shirtless body and rest my head on his chest. I hear his soft heartbeat thumping.
"Connah?" He mumbles my name softly and wraps me tighter.
"Yeah Tro?" He adjusts us so I'm facing him.
"Can we stay like this all day?"

I smile sadly, "I wish we could but you're going back to Australia. Remember?" He groans and pulls me into his chest.
"I'm gonna miss you so much." He says it quietly and I close my eyes. "I'm gonna miss you too." In the five months Troye and I have been dating, we've never been separated more than a few miles. Now however, he's going back to Australia for a month while I get to visit Minnesota for two weeks. The two weeks between however will be absolute torture.
"You can crash here while I'm gone if you want. And wear my clothes." I smile into his chest and separate myself from him a small bit.

He holds me so he can gaze into my eyes. His eyes flick down to my lips for an instance, "Just kiss me you dork."
As soon as the words are out of his mouth, I follow his order and kiss him. I'm gonna miss these little kisses and cuddles in the morning. Its what I look forward to, besides coffee of course. It's only a month Con. Only a month.

We get out of bed reluctantly a few minutes later and walk into the kitchen. Troye immediately makes two cups of coffee for us and sets them down on the coffee table in the living room where we always sit. I sit cuddled up to him on the couch with my coffee in my hands. Neither of us know what to say. We've never been apart in these five months we've been together. At least I'll get to go visit my family in Minnesota, I tell myself but I can't believe I'm going to be without him for a full month.

"Next time you'll just have to come home with me." He mumbles softly as we sit cuddled up on the couch.
"I would be honored to accompany you to your homeland." I joke with him and he smiles.
"Next time Kitten. Next time."

****

As I sit next to Troye in the car, he sings softly. We have a good thirty minute drive to the airport since LA always has heavy traffic.
"Do you wanna hear TRXYE?" He asks me after a few minutes. Without waiting for my answer he grabs the auxiliary cable and plugs in his phone.

'Happy Little Pill' begins to play and I smile at my boyfriend. He looks proud and excited for me to finally hear the music. After it ends, 'Fun' begins to play. He played snippets of it for me before but hearing it all together is exciting. 'Gasoline' plays afterwards. I've never asked about the backstory and I really don't want to.

He looks nervous as the song ends and the next song begins. Since 'The Fault in Our Stars' has been out for months, it leaves only one more song. It's a new one, one I haven't heard before.
"...standing in the eye of the storm, my eyes start to roam to the curl of your lips in the center of eclipse..."
I grab Troye's hand warmly.
"...I reach out and touch." The beat drops and he squeezes my hand. We sit in silence enjoying the song until it's over.

"It's about you." He says it just loud enough for me to hear it.
"Touch?" He nods.
"It's about when we kissed for the first time. You were crying having just told me you were gay. I kissed you and finally reached out and touched. Just like how I wanted to for so long."

I sit in silence. "I don't know what to say...I love it so much babe it's incredible!" He laughs and smiles at my delayed reaction.
"I was terrified to put it on the EP but I couldn't resist. I'm glad you like it." He sounds relieved that I liked the song, even though I would've liked it no matter what.

Once we pull into the airport parking lot, we get out and grab both of our suitcases. Our flights are in the same terminal and around the same time so we just walk with each other. We check our luggage and go through security. By the time we're at the terminal, we need to start saying goodbye.

I fall into Troye's arms. He wraps his arms around my body and rests his chin on the top of my head.
"I'll miss you so much." He says softly.
"It's just for a month. Soon we'll be back together again here." I assure him, but in reality I'm telling myself that.
"And TRXYE will be out." He adds in when I'm done.

I hug his body tighter in my arms and he brings me in closer. Over the PA system, the announce the flight to Sydney is boarding. He looks at me and grabs my hands in his.
"See you in a month babe." He kisses me gently and when we separate, his hand lingers over my hand before he drops it and turns to walk away. He looks back once and I wave at him and blow a kiss. He smiles his cheesy little grin before walking down towards the terminal. Away from me.

30 days. It's just 30 days.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
I'm sorry for this. Currently, I'm at my lake house in Wisconsin with nine of my family members so I haven't been able to write much but I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Xx,
Madi