1

I was sleeping over at Barry's house, because my parents were going on a trip to Starling City for business. So, Mr. and Mrs. Allen took me in until my parents got home. "Barry!" I yelled and hugged him tightly. "Thanks again, Henry and Nora, for taking in our little girl while were gone." my dad says. I pull away from Barry and look up at my parents. "It's no problem, Richard. We'll be happy to take Victoria in anytime." Mr. Allen said and I smiled big. My mom and dad look at me and I walk up to them. They kneel down to my size and stare into my brown eyes. "My baby girl." my mom says and hugs me tightly and I hug her back. "I'm gonna miss you." she says and I tighten my grip. "Ok, Leah. It's my turn." my dad says and my mom pulls away and that's when I see the tears fall down her face. My mom gets up and waits at the door for my dad and my dad was in front of me now.

"You'll be ok here, ok? We'll be back soon, Tori, I promise." dad says and I smile and nod.

He hugs me tightly and I hug him back the same way. He pulls away and I smile and wave to both my parents. I'm gonna miss them too, but at the same time I'm happy I'm staying with Barry for the night. Mr. Allen closes the door when my parents leave and I turn to Barry. "Ok, kids, dinner will be ready in a few minutes, so why don't you two go upstairs and play for a little while." Mrs. Allen says and me and Barry nod. We run upstairs to his room and I grab all of the toys in his toy chest and I lay them on the floor.  I know it's random for two 11 year olds to be playing with action figures, but hey, we connect like that. We play for a few minutes and then we hear Barry's mom calling us to come down. We clean the toys off the floor and then run down to the kitchen and eat.

Soon we take a shower and head off to bed. I sleep in Barry's room next to him and Mr. and Mrs. Allen look at both of us. "You two make a cute couple." she says and me and Barry scrunch our noses in disgust, but I blush a bright pink and I see Barry do the same out of the corner of my eye. "Mom, not funny. he says to her and she laughs. "Ok, well, just go to sleep." she says and we laugh. Barry's mom kisses Barry's forehead and looks at me, "Goodnight." she says and Mr. Allen says goodnight to us too and calls Barry a slugger and they turn off the light. We sleep in peace, until I feel Barry get off the bed. I sit up and look at Barry, "Barry, where are you going?" I ask him while rubbing my eyes. "I heard something. I'm going down, come with me if you want to." he says and I get out of the bed and slowly follow Barry from behind and also seeing the water of the fish tank float out of the tank. Soon we heard screams and we saw red and yellow lights coming from the living room. We look in the room and see Barry's mom in the middle of yellow and red lightning.

"Mom!" Barry yells and tries to go to his mom, but I grab his hand trying to pull him back to me. "No, Barry, no!" Mrs. Allen yells and tells us both to get out. In the lightning I swear I saw a face in there with red eyes and I got really scared that I held Barry's hand tighter. Then Barry's dad comes to us and tells us to get out. Then I get picked up super fast and soon I was outside in the middle of the road with Barry. "What was that?" I ask freaking out a little. "I don't know, but we better get back to my house." he says and I nod. We run back to Barry's house and when we get there, we see the police there and police tape everywhere. Barry's dad comes out of the house in handcuffs and being dragged to the police car telling the police it was the man in the lightning. "Dad!" Barry yells and Mr. Allen turns to us. "Barry, Tori, don't go in there!" he yells at us and I look at Barry confusingly. That only raises our curiosity and we head inside the house. We see a white sheet covering something in the middle of the living room.

Barry lets go of my hand and I just stare at him walking to the white sheet. As soon as he moves the white sheet, we see Barry's mom on the floor with a blood stain on her shirt where her heart is. I cover my mouth in shock and look at Barry who's crying and yelling. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see Joe standing over me and looking at Barry with a sad face. Joe is Iris' dad, she's another friend of mine and Barry's. Joe tells me to wait at the steps outside while he talks to Barry and I nod. Tears fell down my face as I remembered the things Mrs. Allen did for me and my parents. Soon, Barry and Joe came out of the house and Joe tells me to walk with him and Barry and we'll head to his house.When we get to Iris' house, Iris is sitting at the couch and I hug her tightly. "Hey, what happened?" she asks and I look at Barry who still has a sad look on his face.

"I think it's still too early to talk about it. I know I'm still sad about it." I say and she nods.

"I'll call your parents in Starling City and tell them what happened, Tori." Joe says and I nod.

I just look at Barry and hug him tightly and he sobs in my arms and I sob too. Mrs. Allen was like my second mom, and now that she's gone, it feels like a part of my life was torn in half.

*~*~

*14 Years Later*

Me and Barry walk out of the train and he looks at me franticly and I roll my eyes  at him with a smile. "Go to work. I gotta go too or else I'd get fired. But I won't be as badly punished as you with Singh." I say and he smiles hugging me and dashes off. Same old Barry always late for something. I eventually call an uber and tell the driver the directions to my house. "Victoria Olga Gomez, donde estabas?" my dad asks me in Spanish. I know when he uses my full name, I'm in really deep trouble. "I'm sorry. Barry wanted me to go with him to Starling City to help him on a case there and since he knew that I knew Oliver Queen, he thought that we could actually get help from him." I say and he sighs. "Ok. Just leave your stuff in your room and get to work. I don't want you getting fired." he says and I nod. I head upstairs quickly and change into a teal crop top and a high waist black skirt. I put on my black pumps and I head out of the house as quick as I can hailing a cab and taking it to Jitters, that's where I work.

When I get there I see Melanie, a co-worker of mine and Iris', and Iris. "Hey. If it isn't the girl who was gone with her boyfriend for two days." Iris says and I roll my eyes and grab the apron Melanie was giving me.

"First of all, I only was gone for two days because when me and Barry tried catching the first train, we were late, courtesy of Barry Allen himself, and second, me and Barry aren't dating." I say and she laughs.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get to work, you have a lot to make up for." Melanie says and I get to work.

After about an hour or so, me and Iris were finally done with our shift and we decided to head over to the precinct to surprise Barry. When we get there, we walk up to Barry's lab and see him working on some stuff for a case. "Hey, Bar." I say and he looks up and smiles at me and Iris. "Hey you two. You guys finished your shifts at Jitters?" Barry asks and we nod at him. "So, are we still gonna go to the Particle Accelerator launch?" I ask him as he hugs me and we pull away. He looks at me and Iris with a sad face. "I'm gonna try to get us there. I gotta solve this thing that Joe wants me to analyze." he says and I nod. "Well, maybe his daughter can make him get out of all of this so we can head over to the particle accelerator launch." I say and look over to Iris and she smiles. "And speaking of the devil." Barry says and Joe walks in and starts talking to Barry about the case. "Dad, do you think you can let Barry out early so we can watch the launch tonight?" Iris asks Joe. "Please, Joe. You know how much he wants to see this." I say and bite my lip. "Alright, you can all go." Joe says and we all cheer. "Well, I need to find something to wear. Hey, Tori, you wanna go to the mall and buy some clothes before we go to this particle accelerator launch?" Iris asks and I nod. "You guys don't have to dress up for the launch, you know." Barry says and me and Iris shrug.  "We're not saying were gonna dress up, but is that too much to ask for?" Iris asks and I laugh. Iris hooks her arm in mine and we leave Barry's lab and wave bye to him.