62

We all decided to talk about Dr. Wells at Joe's house. Barry went to go get pizza for all of us to eat, but he was taking a bit long. "Where's Barry?" Eddie asks me and I look at him. "He should be here any second. Joe sent him out for-" suddenly I was interrupted by a gust of wind and I see Barry with three boxes of pizza. "Pizza." he says setting the box down and I see that the boxes say Coast City. "From Coast City?" Eddie asks Barry. "Supposedly the best in the west." Barry says and I walk over to him and he wraps his arm around my waist and pecks my lips. "I hope you didn't get jalapeno pizza." I say and Barry laughs. I open the first box and relieved to see pepperoni pizza. "Why didn't I think of this before? Come to papa." Cisco says and I laugh and grab a slice of pizza. "Caitlin?" Joe asks motioning to the pizza. "I'm not hungry." she says and I look at her then at Barry and he sits on the couch and pulls me on his lap.

"Ok. Six months of investigating Harrison Wells has led us nowhere. So were going back to the beginning to see what we can find out." Joe says.

"What does that mean?" Eddie asks.

"Road trip, baby." Cisco says and Joe hands him a beer.

"Joe and Cisco are gonna go to Starling City." Barry says and I nod.

"Starling City? What for?" Caitlin asks.

"To investigate the car accident that Dr. Wells was in with Tess Morgan 15 years ago." Joe says.

"I don't understand. Why?" she asks.

"Dr. McGee said that after Wells' accident he became, like, a complete stranger. Just a different person entirely." Barry says and I nod.

"Because the love of his life died? You, of all people, can understand how grief can change a person."

"Caitlin, we believe that Dr. Wells is the Reverse-Flash and killed Barry's mother. And he may have done the same thing to Tess Morgan." I say to her and she looks away.

"We have to learn everything we can about that night. See where it leads us." Joe says to her.

"Oh, um, can you cover for me? With Dr. Wells?" Cisco asks Caitlin.

"You mean lie?" she asks and Cisco slowly nods.

She shakes her head and looks at the floor, "I need some air." she says and she walks out. Barry starts to get up and since I was on top of him I had to get up too and everyone stood up. "Caitlin." Barry calls her, but she ignores us and walks out. "Doesn't look like Caitlin's with us." Joe says and I nod in agreement. "No. She's with us. I'll talk to her." Barry says. "What do you want us to do here?" Eddie asks Joe. "Business as usual while we're gone." Joe says and Eddie nods."I just hope that whatever you two find in Starling will help get Caitlin on our side officially." I say to Cisco and Joe and they nod along with Eddie. "Me and Barry wanna wish you good luck out there, but we're also scared of what you might find." I say as Eddie and Cisco walk away. "Scared is a good thing. Scared keeps us alive." Joe says pointing at me and Barry and Barry wraps his arm around me and we nod. 

*~*~

The next day I went to rehearsals and Barry was at work too. After rehearsal, Barry picks me up and we head over to Jitters, then to S.T.A.R. Labs. "Good morning." Barry says to Caitlin and she says the same to us. "Hey, look, uh can we talk about last night?" Barry asks her and she stands up and looks at him. "There's nothing to talk about." she says and starts to walk away. "There is actually. Caitlin, look. I know after everything Dr. Wells has done for all of us, it's hard to wrap your head around this, but we need you to see the truth." Barry says to her. "The truth?" she asks pretty coldly. "The truth is that he saved your guys' lives multiple times." she says giving us an angry look. "Look, I know, but if we're right about this-" Barry was interrupted by Caitlin.

"If, Barry. If. And before I can believe any of this, I'm gonna need to see some proof." she says.

"Proof? Proof of what?" we hear Dr. Wells say behind us and we turn to see him and I look at Barry. "We may have another metahuman case on our hands." Barry says and I nod, even though I didn't hear about it until now. "We are always happy to help, Barry, as you know." Dr. Wells says and turns away and I roll my eyes not believing a word. "Have you heard from Cisco? He hasn't arrived yet." Dr. Wells says and I look at Caitlin. "Uh, he has to help Dante, his brother. He might need a few days off." Caitlin says and me and Barry nod. I hear Barry's phone buzz and I look at him, "Eddie." he says answering the phone. "Be right there." Barry says looking at me and he hangs up. "Eddie found the guy who stole the jewelry at the bank and he needs us." Barry says and I nod. We run into the suit room and change quickly.

After we change, Barry grabs my waist and we speed over to where Eddie might be. When we get there the guy starts to run. "You can't outrun me." Barry says to him. "Or hide from me." I say and he stares at us. "I won't have to, and I can." he says and touches a teenage girl's arm and he morphs into her. He walks away and Barry grabs my waist and speeds over to the corner, but when we look, we see that he disappeared. "Well, that was new." Barry says and I nod and he grabs me again and we speed away. When we get back to S.T.A.R. Labs, we change into our normal clothes, and we tell Caitlin and Dr. Wells everything that happened. "A shape-shifter?" Caitlin asks and me and Barry nod. "Yeah. We literally saw a grown man, like, morph into a teenage girl." Barry says walking away from me and I nod. "That's fascinating. Today's physicists have always regarded programmable matter as nothing more than a theory, but I guess your shape-shifter proves it can be done." Dr. Wells says.

"Wait, so he or she or- Whatever, this person can actually transform into anyone they touch?" Barry asks.

"Yes, it appears so. That includes the both of you, Mr. Allen and Ms. Gomez."

"Dr. Wells is right. If you're touched while you're the Flash or Hummingbird and he transforms into you, we run the risk of him that Barry Allen and Tori Gomez are the people behind the masks." Caitlin says and I look at Barry.

"Because what we don't know if the shape-shifter is capable of absorbing more than just physical characteristics." Dr. Wells says.

"Like he might be able to copy my speed." Barry says.

"And my telekinesis." I say and Dr. Wells nods.

"That would be bad."

"Got it. Hands off the metahuman." Barry says walking over to me.

"Hands off the metahuman." Dr. Wells repeats.

"Well, not this metahuman." I say with a wink and he smiles and wraps his arm around me. "So how do we find someone who can transform into anyone?" Caitlin asks. "I guess like any problem, just go back to the beginning. In this case it would mean finding the first person the shape-shifter morphed into when they discovered their powers." Dr. Wells says. "Can you pull up the C.C.P.D. records of cases where the perpetrator plead innocent even thought they were caught on camera committing the crime." Barry says. "You're good, Barry Allen. You're very good." Dr. Wells says and he pulls up the records. "Look at this." he says pulling up the records of the perpetrators that plead innocent. "There's multiple crimes of this manner. All dating back to a month after the particle accelerator explosion." Dr. Wells says. "And the first one was?" Barry asks him and he types. "Jacob Fisher, a teller at the federal credit union. Claims he was innocent and was framed by his best friend a Hannibal Bates." Dr. Wells says.

"I'll pass this on to the C.C.P.D. See if they can track him down." Barry says putting his jacket on.

"Good."

"Thank you, Dr. Wells." Barry says grabbing my hand and Caitlin glares at us. Me and Barry walk out and we head to the precinct.