7

I had an early morning shift today, so I couldn't really see Barry or Iris before work. I was about to finish my coffee shift and go home. My performance shift would be later tonight. After my shift ended, I headed home to relax. I turn on the TV and see on the news a building on fire in downtown on Western and Third. I know that Barry was on his way there, so I shouldn't worry, but I still do worry. Barry's been a superhero for 3 days already and he's doing an amazing job at it. I've been hiding my secret about being a met-human to the others for 2 days. But when I try to hide it, I feel guilty. I look at the TV and see a red blur go into the building and I smile knowing it's Barry. Suddenly, three people were out of the building and I smile, knowing Barry had saved them.

I remembered that I had to meet Barry and the others at S.T.A.R. Labs to locate anymore metahumans that might be running around Central City. One being me, but I can't tell them. I head out the door and go to S.T.A.R. Labs as fast as I could. When I get there, I see the boys standing there and Caitlin yelling at them. "Have you both lost your minds?" she yells as she walks past them. "Well, I'm the eyes and ears, and he's the feet." Cisco replies and I roll my eyes with a smile and a quiet laugh. "This isn't funny. You could've gotten yourself killed." Caitlin says and I walk over to them. "Is she yelling about the building being on fire on Western and Third?" I ask and they all look at me. "Yeah, she is." Barry says and I laugh. I look at his chest to see a symbol of lightning around a gold ring, and I liked it.

"You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman." Caitlin says.

"Why not? This is what we talked about. Me using my speed to do good." Barry says to her and I nod in agreement.

"We talked about you helping us contain other people who have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Metahumans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any." she says and I bite my lip and cross my arms.

I know it was obvious that I was hiding something, but this is a habit of mine. "Is something on your mind, Tori?" Barry asks and I stop biting my lip, uncross my arms, and look at Barry. "Nothing's on my mind." I say with a fake smile. He looks a me with a concerned look and I just rub my arm and look down. He looks back at Caitlin and says to her that people in the city need his help and that he can help them. "We can help them." Cisco says and I just smile and shake my head. "Will you please say something." Caitlin says looking behind me and Barry and I know it's Dr. Wells. I felt shivers crawl up my spine before he even got in the room. "I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own spectacularly angry way, is we're just beginning to understand what your body is capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen. I do caution restraint." Dr. Wells says and I look at Barry, waiting for his response.

"Dr. Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today." Barry says.

I zone off completely from their argument and think about my powers. I've been trying to control them without them going out of control in public. Like when I have my shift in Jitters, or I'm at a club, or something. I snap out of my thoughts and see Caitlin in front of Barry, "Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something." she says angrily and I just glare at her. "What's her problem?" I ask once she's out of the room and Barry just shrugs. "Hey, uh, anything happen out there today?" Cisco asks wondering about the suit and something with science and Barry's vitals. "Never felt better." Barry says, but I worry for him again. "Barry, this is your health we're talking about. Not something that isn't important." I say as Barry's phone rings.

"Hey, Joe, everything alright?" Barry asks.

Everything was quiet for a minute, until Barry says he'll be right there. "My day job beckons." he says and I smile and he smiles back. "Can I come with you?" I ask him and he looks unsure about it. "Come on, Bar. Your too busy being a superhero nowadays, that we don't even hangout as often as we did." I say and he rolls his eyes and gives in. He picks me up bridal style and speeds off without changing his clothes. He hides behind a brick wall and puts me down, "Barry." I call him and he looks at me. "You forgot to change." I say pointing to his suit. He looks around, sees a clothing store across the street and I smile knowing what he was gonna do. Barry speeds into the clothing store and then he comes back to me and I laugh. I walk with Barry inside the crime scene and see everyone around the yellow tape. "Hey, sorry I'm late." Barry says and I notice a price tag on the jacket. "Doing a little fall shopping Mr. Allen." the captain says and I laugh quietly as Joe takes the tag off.