25

I wake up at 9AM and get dressed in a flowered crop top, a navy blue skirt, a black leather jacket, and beige lace up heels. I walk to Oasis and grab a coffee from Jitters on the way. When I walk in I see Jake sitting at the piano playing a song I've never heard before. When he finished the song he looks up and sees me. "Oh. Hey, Tori." he says and I walk closer to the piano. "That was amazing. What's the song called, I've never heard it before." I say to him and he smiles and picks up the sheet music. "It's a song that I wrote myself. There aren't any lyrics it's just the music." he says and I look at it. "Well you're an amazing song writer." I say and he smiles at me. I look into his blue eyes and see them sparkle like the stars and his hair was raven black. "We should start rehearsing." I say noticing that he was leaning into me and he nods. He starts playing Stay With Me by Sam Smith and I smile knowing this song by heart.

After we finished singing, I heard my stomach grumble and I turn red out of embarrassment. "Are you hungry?" Jake asks and I look at him. "I skipped breakfast on the way here. I just got the coffee." I say with a slight chuckle. "Well, lets get a quick bite before we move on, my treat." he says and I shake my head with a smile. "I shouldn't." I say and I feel his hand on my arm. "It's my treat. I insist." he says I nod. We walk out of the restaurant and head to a little café a block away. As we ate we talked about each other. "So how long have you and your boyfriend have been together?" Jake asks and I look down. "Um, we've been together for about a month now. But we've known each other since pre-school." I reply. "So, he hasn't asked you out until recently, but he's known you since pre-school?" he asks and I nod. "He told me that he's liked me since forever, but he didn't know if I liked him back. Which I did." I say. "We should get back to the restaurant to rehearse more." I say and he nods. We both stand up and walk back to the restaurant and continue to talk. Jake was one foot taller than me, but Barry's a few inches taller that Jake. When we get back, we start to rehearse again until Barry comes and picks me up.

*~*~

When we get to S.T.A.R. Labs, I say hi to everyone. "Hey, Tori." Cisco says and I smile at him. "You should really change your boyfriend's lateness." Caitlin says and I look back at Barry with a smile. "I know I do. But that's what makes him cute." I say and Barry grabs my hand and pecks my lips. "Ok, Tori, we're ready for you to do your test." Caitlin says and I nod and walk over to the training room. "Barry, do you wanna help her out with this?" she asks him and he smiles and nods. He walks in and we look at the others through the other side of the glass. "Just go into combat like you always do." Caitlin says over the intercom. "Just one thing. I've never been in combat before." I say looking at her through the glass. "Don't worry, I'll take it easy on you." Barry says with a wink and I roll my eyes at him. Barry gets into a fighting position and I squeeze my hands into fists and put them up. "You ready?" Barry asks and I nod.

Barry speeds over to me and throws me to the other side of the room. "What happened to taking it easy?" I ask him as I get off of the floor. "Sorry." he says and I levitate him off of the floor and throw him to the wall. "I may not know how to fight, but I know how to use my powers." I say with a smirk on my face and he laughs. Barry tries to punch me, but I stop his hand in midair with telekinesis and make him fly back again. Barry stands up and speeds over to me grabbing my waist and pulling me in for a kiss and I kiss him back. "Well, this test went south fast." I hear Caitlin say through the intercom probably thinking that the microphone was off. "Next time we know not to pair them up with each other as sparing partners." Dr. Wells says and me and Barry pull apart and stare at them. "We can hear you." we say at the same time and the three of them look around the room awkwardly.

"That reminds me, I have a photo of the homicide that I wanted you to do facial recognition of." Barry says turning to the others. "Give me the photo and I'll get right on that." Cisco says and Barry nods. We walk out of the room and Barry gives the photo of a fried up person to Cisco. "What the hell happened to that person?" I ask looking at the picture of the fried up person disgusted. "I don't know. I'm hoping Cisco would get that." Barry says and Cisco nods. "Facial reconstructive software. It was designed for archeologists, and it should help us ID your crispy corpse." Cisco says pulling up the picture and searching the database for facial recognition. "Question is, how did he get fried in the first place? Is there a metahuman that can control electricity?" Barry asks. "It'd take a serious electrostatic discharge to cause that tissue damage." Dr. Wells says looking down.