43

The next day, I wake up and put on a black crop top, a red and black flannel that I leave open, short shorts. I put on my converse and my hair in a side braid. I walk out and look at Barry he was wearing a gray t-shirt, a brown and gray button up flannel that he left open, black pants, and his favorite pair of shoes. "So, what did Jake want?" Barry asks. "I told him about his status thing and he said that he was sorry about that." I say and he nods. "What about you? Did you call Linda?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "No, I'm deciding if I want to or not." Barry says and I look down. "I think I might break up with Jake. Your were right about me not loving him." I say and he looks at me. "Do whatever your heart's telling you." Barry says and I remember Joe telling me that. Right now my heart is telling me to dump Jake and talk to Barry.

"Come on. We gotta get to S.T.A.R. Labs." Barry says and I nod.

When we get there, we wait for Caitlin to come. Soon the elevator opens and we see Caitlin walk out with her sunglasses on and I smile at her. "Hi" Barry says while holding up his coffee mug to his lips. "Not so loud." Caitlin says and I laugh. I wouldn't be surprised that she has a massive hangover. "We just wanted to make sure you were ok." I say to her as we slowly walk. "Let's just say I envy Barry's inability to get drunk. I don't remember much from last night." she says. "Yeah, that's probably for the best." Barry says and I nod. "What about the part where you made me and Barry sing?" I ask her and she nods. "I admit that, that was smart of me, even for being drunk." she says and I shake my head. We walk into the lab and we see Dr. Wells and Cisco in the middle of the room. "What's wrong?" Barry asks and they turn to look at us. "Cisco needs to tell you something." Dr. Wells says and we all look at Cisco.

"Hartley's gone." Cisco says and I look at him wide eyed.

"He escaped from the Pipeline?" I ask him.

"How is that even possible?" Barry asks.

"I let him out." Cisco says and we widen our eyes at him.

"Are you mad? I can't tell with those glasses on." Cisco says talking to Caitlin.

"I'd like to yell and wave my arms, but I'm afraid I'd throw up." Caitlin says.

"Why? What were you thinking? You know how dangerous he is?" Barry says and I nod.

"Hartley said he knew happened to Ronnie." he says.

"I told you to let it go. I didn't want you looking into that for me." Caitlin says.

Cisco tells us what happened to Ronnie the day of the accelerator explosion and I look over to Caitlin and she looked pretty angry but her emotion changed into sincerity. "Do you know what Ronnie would say if he was here?" Caitlin asks as she walks up to Cisco. "He would say that you did the right thing. It wasn't your fault. What happened that night wasn't anybody's fault." she says and I smile. "Come on. Don't we have a teleporter to catch?" Caitlin asks and Cisco smiles. "We do have a teleporter to catch. And fortunately, we do have a promising theory. Take a look at this." Dr. Wells says and rolls over to the computer. "Now, this is the normal behavior of the particulate that Shawna left behind." he says showing us the particulate.

"Watch what happens when we remove light." Dr. Wells says and the light turns off and the particulate doesn't move.

"Shawna can only become entangled with something she can see. Take away her ability to do that-"

"She can't teleport." Cisco says finishing the sentence.

"So we just need to get her into a dark space. How do we do that?" Caitlin asks.

I hear Barry's phone ring and I look at him as he talks on the phone. I hear Barry get all worried and I cross my arms. As he hangs up he looks at us, "What's wrong?" I ask him. "My dad. He's been stabbed." Barry says and I cover my mouth at what he tells us. "Bar, I'm coming with you." I say and he nods. He picks me up and we speed over to Iron Heights. When we get there, the officers take us straight to the prison infirmary and we see Barry's dad on the bed. "Oh my God. Mr. Allen." I say and we walk over to him. "I'm alright, Tori. Look at you. You look as beautiful as ever." he says and I smile. "Thanks, but we shouldn't focus on me. You're the one that got hurt." I say and he shakes his head. Barry sits next to him as me and Joe stand. "Dad, what happened?" Barry asks and I wondered the same.