57

We went back to S.T.A.R. Labs after our little meeting with Jesse. We were looking at the Trickster's vlog again and me and Barry turn to the others. "This was posted a few hours ago. Whoever this Trickster is... he's certainly not shy." Dr. Wells says. "Well, not every criminal likes to hide in the dark." Barry says and I look at him with wide eyes. "Cisco, can you trace where the video was posted from?" Joe asks. "I tried. But this guy is using some crazy, Felicity-caliber scrambler like I've never seen. The origin of the upload's coming from hundreds of different locations. Until he uploads another video, it's gonna be tough." Cisco says. "This psychopath has the capability to destroy the city." Barry says and I nod.

"Hey, I said tough, not impossible." Cisco says and I look at Barry.

"Barry, we'll catch him. We always do." Caitlin says.

"Mr. Allen." Dr. Wells says and Barry turns to him. "A word, please."

Barry walks with Dr. Wells to the other room and they close the door behind them. I just hope that Barry doesn't lash out on Dr. Wells and doesn't say that we think he's the one who killed Barry's mom. After a few minutes, Barry comes out and looks at me. "Can I talk to you?" Barry asks and I nod. We walk into the suit room and I look at Barry. "Iris wants me to meet up with her. I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Barry says and I nod. We change into our suits and Barry picks me up and we speed to Jitters. We go inside Jitters and see that Iris was about to leave and she turns to face us. "I just asked for the one hero." she says to me and I turn on my voice modulator. "Can't blame a girl for tagging along." I say and she smiles. "I thought you were a full time reporter now. Why are we meeting here?" Barry asks her. "I still have a key." Iris says with a smile and she slowly walks over to us. "And this is... kind of our place, right?" she asks Barry and I look at him with crossed arms. Barry looks at me and then back at Iris and so do I. "What's up?" he asks her.

"My co-worker, Mason Bridge, is missing. He's not at home, he's not answering his phone. I mean it's not like him." Iris says and I widen my eyes at Barry.

"I'm really worried that something bad has happened."

"I'm sure he's fine." Barry says.

"That's what Eddie says, that's what everyone is saying. Please, will you both look into it? For me?"

We both nod and give her a slight smile, "For you." I say and she smiles at us. "Thanks." she says and then me and Barry start to walk away. "Um... Are you ok, Flash?" she asks Barry and I look at him knowing what he's thinking. "You seem like you have a heavy heart." she says again. "I'm sure everything is fine with him." I say and Barry nods. "One more question." she says as we start to walk away but we stop and look at her. "Are you both a thing?" Iris asks and I look at Barry not sure how to respond to that. I mean sure we're boyfriend and girlfriend as Barry and Tori, but as the Flash and Hummingbird, that's a different story. "I guess you can say that." I say with a smile and look at her. "Heads up, Trickster's broadcasting again." Cisco says in the earpiece and I look at Barry.

"Can we borrow your laptop?" Barry asks and Iris nods. Barry speeds over to her and grabs her laptop. I run over to him and he types in the website and the video begins. "Get ready for the games to begin! I have... a bomb. It's a big bomb. It will make a big bang, and then a big hole, and then a big drop in the population." he says with an evil chuckle. "But never say... the Trickster... is not fair. The bomb is somewhere between 52nd Street and Avenue B." he says and when he does, Barry grabs my waist and we speed out of Jitters and search 52nd and Avenue B. I could've taken my bike, but that would waste time in finding the bomb. We searched everywhere, but we couldn't find it. "Guys, we can't find it. We need your help." Barry says and I let go of him. "There's nothing on traffic cams or CCTV." Caitlin says to us. "I retasked S.T.A.R. Labs' satellite to scan the area for incendiary devices. A bomb that large should be giving off a thermal or chemical signature." Cisco says and I look at Barry.

"Well, then why can't you find it?" I ask.

"Because it's a trick." Dr. Wells says and for a man hiding secrets he was probably right.

"The bomb's not there."

"No, it has to be. I'm gonna keep looking." Barry says.

"That is what he wants, for you and the police to keep running around in circles. There is something else going on, Barry. I can feel it. Now trust me."

I look at Barry and see that his face reads that he doesn't trust him. "I'm gonna keep looking." Barry says and I widen my eyes at him. "Barry, wait." I say, but he sped off before I could talk and left me in the middle of the street. "Can you still search for the bomb. I have a feeling that our new Trickster might have something up his sleeve." I say and try to run back to S.T.A.R. Labs to get my bike. "I found it." Barry says and I stop running. There's no way that the bomb could be there, I'm sure of it. "Is there something in there?" I ask Barry and I keep running to S.T.A.R. Labs. "Nothing. Nothing's in here." he says and I knew that. "Uh-oh. There's an explosion in Iron Heights." Cisco says and I widen my eyes. "I knew it. Our new Trickster went after the old Trickster." I say but stop running knowing it's too late. "James Jesse. I guess he's tricked us all." Dr. Wells says and I cross my arms. "Joe. There's no bomb in the city. It was a diversion so the Trickster could help James Jesse escape." Barry says.

"I know, we just got surveillance footage from Iron Heights. Jesse got away. Barry, look, they took a hostage." Joe says.

"Well who'd he take? A guard? The warden?" Barry asks.

"No, your dad." Joe says and I widen my eyes and cover my mouth.

*~*~

I told Barry where to get me and sped to me and picked me up and we sped to S.T.A.R. Labs. When we get there, we change into our normal clothes and we go home. The next day we head to S.T.A.R. Labs and Barry sits in the chair near one of the computers and I stand next to him leaning on the wall. "We were able to identify the other Trickster. His name's Axel Walker, age 25. Apparently him and James have been corresponding through snail mail for over a decade." Joe says. "I should've been there." Barry says and I look at him. "We're gonna find your dad ok?" Caitlin says to him putting her hand on his shoulder. "Definitely." Cisco says and Barry gives a small smile to them. "I guess I should've listened to you." Barry says to Dr. Wells and gets up and walks away. I go after him and see him walk to the pipeline. I try to stay quiet, and when he gets to the pipeline, he sits on the floor. I walk over to him and sit next to him. "Bar?" I say grabbing his hand and looking at him. "Barry, it's not your fault that your dad got kidnapped by Jesse and Walker. I don't blame you. If I were in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing." I say to him.

"Do you think my dad's still alive?" Barry asks me.

"Positive. They wouldn't kill him if they weren't sure that the cops would go after them and us. Besides, Jesse probably took your dad for leverage, because your working for the cops. He may be a psychopath, but he's not stupid. And everyone upstairs is looking to find him." I say.

"So, now I'm supposed to just leave my dad's fate in the hands of a man who may have had something to do with my mom's murder." Barry says and I see tears in his eyes and he scoffs.

"Tori, I can't do this."

"Yes, you can, Bar."

"It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, if Wells is a murder, then why does he want to help me? Why has he helped us stop so many criminals, or saved Ronnie? Why didn't I see this?"

"Because he wanted you to trust him. He wanted us to trust him. He didn't want anyone finding out his secret. Look, whatever else he is, he still is Harrison Wells. You love science, he is science. It's like you made best friends with Einstein."

"You're saying I wanted to be tricked."

"No. What I'm saying is that you always will be the person who sees the best in people. I can't even do that. I mean sometimes, but when I get a bad feeling from them, it can't be good. As fast as you are, that is your real power. Don't let Wells take that from you. Don't let him take you away from me."

I look at Barry and see him tear up more. "I don't know why he's helping us. All that matters is that he is." I say to him. "I can't lose my dad, Tori." Barry says with a sob and burying his head in his arms and I lay my head on his shoulder. "I know, Bar. If it was my dad, I'd be the same way." I say to him. "Barry, please don't make me cry." I say to him and he raises his head and looks at me. "I love you." I say to him feeling tears sting my eyes and I kiss him and he kisses me back.