8

After my performance shift, I went back to the house to dress more professionally for the interview Iris was taking me and Barry to tonight. I put on a white and teal high-low dress and pair it with white pumps. I curl my long brown hair, put on gold hoop earrings, and a gold necklace. When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled knowing that I looked fine for this event. I grab my mini white purse and my phone and I walk to the living room in time to hear the doorbell go off. I open the door and see Barry there wearing a suit and tie and I smile at how handsome he looks. He looks at me in amazement with his eyes lighting up and says, "You look amazing, Tori.". I smile at him and push a piece of hair behind my ear. "Thanks, Bar." I say to him and he looks at me and smiles. "Ready to go?" he asks and I nod and walk out of the house yelling bye to my dad and we go to pick up Iris.

"You know after you left for work, Iris walked into the lab and said that taking journalism is our fault and that she could've taken European Folklore to cover her sociology requirement, but we told her to take journalism. She says she blames us for being bored of journalism." he says and I laugh.

"Well, she can't blame us. She was always good at writing and she seemed passionate about it." I say and Barry nods.

*~*~

We get to the university and Simon Stagg starts to speak. Stagg talks about his time being a freshman at Central University and other stuff I really couldn't get. Iris was recording the speech and me and Barry were just listening. Well, I think Barry was listening, but not me I completely zoned out and was just staring into space at this point. I can kind of see why Iris thinks it's boring. She has to listen to these boring speeches and write about it. Once he was done with his speech everyone clapped and I came back to reality. "Ok, alright, first things first. Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has led to huge advancements in organ replacement." Barry says and Iris grabs three champagnes for me, Barry, and herself. "Are journalists allowed to drink on the job?" she asks handing Barry a champagne and me one too. "Ok, if you are bored already, wait 'till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration." he says taking away the champagne from Iris and putting it on the table and he tries to take mine, but I move it away. "I may not be a journalist, and I know you don't want me to drink this, but I need this more than you two." I say taking a sip and they laugh.

"I've missed this Barry, and this Tori." Iris says and I smile as she hooks her arm in mine.

As they talk I drink down the champagne and grab another one putting the empty glass on the tray. I was this bored that drinking was a necessity for me. When my second champagne was done I grabbed a third one, but Barry took the glass from me and put it on the table. "That's enough champagne for you, Tori." Barry says and I roll my eyes at him. I look for Iris, and I find her trying to talk to Simon Stagg, but he leaves. "I'll just make something up." she says and me and Barry laugh. I look up at Barry and he stares at me too with a smile. "Tori, there's something I need to tell you." Barry says and I look at him confusingly. "What is it, Barry?" I ask and he was about to say something when we suddenly hear gunfire. Barry puts a protective arm around me and looks in the direction of the gunfire. "Quiet down, all of you!" the man says as we kneel to the ground. Iris was worried and I held onto Barry's arm. "Barry, you have to do something." I whisper, but he just stays silent.

"How considerate. You're all wearing your finest jewelry. Almost like you knew we were coming to rob you." the masked man says and I look at Barry. "Barry!" I whisper yell to him and he just stares down the man on the stage. "Now everybody line up." the man says and we do as he says. I hold onto Barry's arm scared for my life. I mean sure, I could use my powers to distract the masked men, giving Barry time to take them down, but I'd be giving myself away. We put our jewelry in the bag and watch them in fear. Barry unwraps my arm from his and tries to walk to the men, but Iris stops him. Suddenly a guard pops out of nowhere and I look at Barry. The men shoot at the guard and Barry runs and moves the guard away. Barry runs past us and goes after the robbers, then I remember Iris. "Tori, where did Barry go?" she asks me. "Um, I'm not sure, but I think he tried to go after the robbers." I partially lie. "Oh no." she says and runs out and I run after her.