51

I was riding on my bike to the morgue when Barry stops and I stop with him. "What are you doing?" I ask him as he looks around in shock. "Hey, what's going on?" Cisco asks and I nod. "Dude!" Cisco says and Barry finally snaps out of it. "Cisco, I'm here." Barry says and I look at him in confusion. "What happened? Why'd you stop?" Cisco asks and I wondered the same thing. "I just got a little disoriented." Barry says walking a little. "Well, you and Tori need to make up some time, man. You'd better hurry up." Cisco says and I nod. "Hurry? What are-?" Barry starts to ask but I interrupt him. "Hurry, as in, let's get to the morgue." I say and he looks at me confusingly. "The morgue? But we were there yesterday." Barry says and I look at him oddly. "What're you talking about? Come on, you guys gotta go." Cisco says and I nod. I ride to the morgue and soon Barry follows and runs next to me.

*~*~

After we checked the place out, me and Barry went to the crime scene and Barry looked in carefully. "What are you doing, Bar?" I ask him looking at him confusingly. "Nothing." he says and I shake my head. "Whatever is happening, stop it." I say and start to walk away, but he grabs my hand. "You don't remember anything?" he asks and I look at him oddly. "What do you mean?" I ask pulling my hand back and walk in a little more. "Hey, Bar, what's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?" Joe asks Barry. "What? No, I checked all the sprinklers. They're all intact. But the water has ice in it." Barry says and I nod as we walk to the dead coroner. "And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check. Look at his torso." Barry says and Joe looks under his shirt to see the big purple bruises.

"How the hell did you know all that?" Joe asks.

"He was killed by hail." Barry says and I look at him confusingly.

"We have to listen to the recording."

"Recording?" Joe asks and I look at him oddly.

"Joe, we got something." Eddie says and he says hi to me and I wave.

"The coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this." he says.

We listen to the recording and the coroner was saying no more, but another man starts to talk. Joe's eyes widen in realization and I look at him. "That's Mark Mardon. He wants revenge." Barry says and I look at him oddly. I didn't know what was happening to him, but I knew it was something weird. Joe and Eddie look at him oddly and walk away. I grab his wrist and walk out of the morgue. "What is going on with you right now?" I ask him crossing my arms. "I don't know." he says and looks at me with wide eyes. I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Can we just get home." I say and Barry picks me up and we speed to the house.

*~*~

The next day, me and Barry head to S.T.A.R. Labs and we tell them about Mark Mardon. "So Clyde Mardon has a brother." Caitlin says and I nod. "So both Mardon brothers survive the plane crash and the dark matter released by the particle accelerator explosion affects them both in virtually the same way." Dr. Wells says and Barry says the ending at the same time. "Only Mark's not like Clyde at all. He can do things that you couldn't even imagine." Barry says and I look at him oddly. "You mean he's sort of like a weather wizard?" Cisco asks and Barry says the same thing again. I look at Barry with furrowed eyebrows and shake my head. Cisco gets a brain freeze and Caitlin and Barry say a science word in union and Caitlin looks at him. "Mr. Allen." Dr. Wells says and he turns to him. "A word, please." he says and they walk into the treadmill room.

I wanted to know what was happening but I couldn't eavesdrop because they closed the door. "Is it just me, or is Barry acting strange?" Cisco asks and I nod. I watched them as they were talking and I walk away and look at the computer. When they walk out, Barry looks at me and I look at him and walk up to him. "Barry, what's going on?" I ask him and he looks at Dr. Wells then back at me. "Nothing. I promise." he says and I shake my head not believing it, but letting it go. Barry went to the precinct to work and I went to Oasis for rehearsal. After a while I get a text from Caitlin saying that Barry got Mardon and I knew I had to go. "I think we're good here, Jake. I'll see you on Thursday." I say and I run out of the restaurant and hail a taxi.