21

When I woke up, Barry's arm was draped around me and I smiled. He was shirtless and I blushed at the sight of his bare chest. I turn to face him waking him up in the process. "I have to get to work. Do you want me to drop you off at your house?" he asks. "Yeah, this is my last day working at Jitters." I say and Barry nods. He kisses me and goes to take a quick shower. I take my phone out of my handbag and checked for any texts from my dad or Iris. There was one text from my dad asking where I was and I decided to tell him when I got home. I walk into the house and my dad walks up to me and hugs me. "Victoria where have you been?" he asks as he pulls back. "I meant to come home last night, but I crashed at Barry's last night." I say and he nods. "Ok, at least I know you're safe with him." he says and I nod with a smile. "I have to go dad. It's my last day of work at Jitters." I say and my dad's eyes widen. "You got the job?" he asks and I nod. "That's great. I won't get in the way. Go on and get ready." he says and I nod. I head up to my room and put on shorts and a loose blue blouse. I walk out of the house and to Jitters.

*~*~

After work I head over to S.T.A.R. Labs and see Barry walk to the door too. "Hey you." I say as I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He pecks my lips and I laugh and we both walk in hand in hand. When we walk into the lab, we only see Cisco and Caitlin, but no Bette. "Where's Bette?" Barry asks Caitlin and Cisco. "She left." Cisco says with a frown. "What do you mean? Where'd she go?" I ask in confusion to why she would leave. "She didn't say." Dr. Wells says and me and Barry look at him. "Well, where the hell could she be?" Barry asks his eyebrows furrow. "Maybe she's hunting down Eiling." I say and everyone looks at me. "Think of it. She was disarming bombs in Afghanistan. When the bomb blew, shrapnel got into her body which morphed into her cells when the particle accelerator exploded. She blamed Eiling for that incident, but he didn't cause it. But Eiling would still hunt her down because of her ability. Who knows if he could do the same with all of the other metahumans." I say.

"Tori, you're a genius." Cisco says and starts typing into the computer. I look over to Barry and see his worried look on his face. To be honest, I'm worried for Bette too. "I got back on the military feed." Cisco says and I walk over to him and Caitlin. "Looks like they've gone to the waterfront to rendezvous with Bette. "She's turning herself in." Cisco says and I widen my eyes and look at Barry. "She's not turning herself in." Barry says and I walk over to him as he walks over to his suit. "Barry, I'm coming with you." I say to him and he shakes his head. "I can't let that happen." he says and I put my hand on his. "I can handle myself, Barry. I have my telekinesis, remember." I say and he looks down. "Fine." he says and I turn to see Caitlin hand me an earpiece. "You're gonna need this." she says and I nod. I put the earpiece in my ear and turn to see Barry in his suit. He speeds off picking me up on the way and we head to the waterfront.

When we get there, Barry puts me down next to him and Bette looks at us. "What are you two doing here?" she asks in confusion. "Being a soldier doesn't mean you're a murderer." Barry says to her. "Don't become one now." I say to her and she looks at us sincerely. Suddenly we hear a gunshot and Bette was shot. Me and Barry look back to see Eiling fall back to the ground and then we turn back to Bette. Barry takes off his mask and kneels down, "I'm sorry. I didn't see him." he says to her. "Don't be. It's not your guys' fault. I'm glad you two stopped me." she says with heavy breaths and I feel tears sting my eyes. "I'm gonna get you back to S.T.A.R. Labs." Barry says but we both know what's gonna happen. "Barry. Dr. Wells he... he..." Bette fades off and her eyes close signaling that she died and tears start to flow down my cheeks.

I look at her lifeless body and see it start to glow purple. "We have a problem." Barry says in his earpiece. "Is Bette ok?" Cisco asks and Barry looks at me seeing tears stream down my face. "No. Eiling killed her." I say my voice cracking a little. "She's glowing. She's gonna detonate." Barry says looking back at Bette's body. "Oh my god. A mass that size, the explosion would be-" we hear Caitlin say but Dr. Wells interrupts, "Devastating."

"Barry, you have to get her away from the city." Caitlin says.

"But there's no time." Barry says then looks up at the water.

"Can I run on water? I built up enough speed to run up the a building. How fast do I need to go to run on water." Barry asks and I know what he's thinking.

I may not be at S.T.A.R. Labs, but I know that Cisco's trying to solve the problem of Barry running on water. "You have to outrun the blast, or you'll die too." Cisco says and I look at him the tears still flowing and he looks at me. "Barry-" I was interrupted by him giving me a kiss before I could say anything. "If I don't make it back, your all the city has left." he says pulling back only centimeters. "You'll make it back. I know you will." I say to him and kiss him one last time. Barry picks up Bette's lifeless body and he speeds away on the water. I may not see him, but I look in the direction he sped off in to see if he was speeding back. Soon I see a huge explosion in the water and a huge wave. I see Barry run in the distance and I smile. When he was back next to me, we look at the water and see a puff of smoke rising in the air. I hug Barry tightly and he picks me up and speeds us back to S.T.A.R. Labs.

When we get back, Barry changes into his regular clothes and walks back to me and wraps his arm around my waist. Cisco turns on the news and we see General Eiling on the screen saying that the river explosion was only a military underwater weapons test. "He murdered Bette right in front of me and Tori, and there's nothing we can do to him?" Barry asks looking at Dr. Wells. "Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences." Dr. Wells says. "You two gonna be ok?" Caitlin asks and me and Barry both nod. "Yeah." Barry whispers for the both of us and I lean my head on his shoulder. "You can walk on water. Puts you in pretty interesting company." Caitlin says and we both smile and laugh a little. Barry unwraps his arm from my waist and walks away. I follow him out and he looks back at me and we walk to my house. When we get there, I look at Barry and he looks at me and we smile. He kisses me and I kiss him back, and when we pull back I stare into his green eyes. "Bye, Barry." I say with a small smile. "Bye, Tori." he says with a small smile too and he waits for me to get into the house before he speeds off. I close the door behind me and run up the stairs to my room. I wasn't exactly tired, so I connected my iPhone to my Beats Bluetooth speakers and play Stay With Me by Sam Smith. a

I change into a pair of shorts and a tank top and l grab my phone and see a text from Barry. 'Tomorrow, date night?' he asks and I smile. 'Yeah. Fancy or casual?' I ask him with a blushing emoji. 'Casual. I'm taking you out for Mexican.' he says. 'Ok.' I say with a wink emoji and he sends me a kissy face emoji. I put my phone down and lay back on my bed with a smile. I know I should be sad that I had lost a friend today, but with Barry, I can never frown. He always makes me smile, even when I have a bad day and I love him for that.