17

I was in a bar with a martini in my hand sitting next to Barry. Iris was playing darts with Caitlin, and Cisco was staring at them. Soon Eddie walked up to Iris and kissed her and I smiled at Barry. "You know, you look awfully cute when you smile like that." I say to him taking a sip of my martini. "And you look cute when your flirting with me." he says and I laugh and peck his lips. Iris walks over to us and leans on the counter. "I'm glad you both invited Caitlin and Cisco." she says and we smile and nod. "They're cool, right?" Barry asks her. "They saved your life, Barry. That makes them the coolest people I've ever met." she says and we smile. "It's nice that you guys became friends." she says and we nod. She walks back to Eddie and I take a sip of my martini and Barry takes a shot. I look at Barry and he has a tray full of shots and I look at him in confusion. "Woah, take it easy there tiger." I say and he shakes his head.

"It's not that, Tori, just come with me." he says and I walk with him as he puts the tray down on Caitlin and Cisco's table.

"Guys, I have a problem." he says and we stare at him in confusion.

"We all do when guys like him exist." Cisco says motioning to Eddie and I roll my eyes.

"Again, I don't see how he's cute. He's not that cute." I say looking over to Iris and Eddie who are playing darts.

"Of course you don't think he's cute. You have Barry. If I weren't still upset over Ronnie, I'd be jealous of Iris for having a guy like that." Caitlin says and I roll my eyes again. "Uh, I mean, genetically speaking. Because I'm a geneticist, of course. Oh my god, do I sound like Felicity?" Caitlin asks worriedly and I chuckle. "I'm not talking about Eddie. I'm talking about this." he says and drinks all the shots with his super speed. "I can't feel anything." he says and I nod. "Yeah, that's usually what happens when you drink too much." Cisco says and I laugh. "No, the alcohol isn't affecting me. I mean, I literally feel nothing." he says and I look at him confused. "It's your hypermetabolism. I need a sample." Caitlin says. "No wonder you weren't buzzed up. All those drinks and you aren't drunk yet." I say in realization and he smiles and laughs at me. "When I think of it now, it's a good thing you aren't drunk. You would've done something stupid." I say and Barry nudges my arm lightly and laughs and I laugh too. "I'll get more shots." Cisco says and goes to the bar. "I swear I had a Vacutainer in here." Caitlin says going through her purse. "Wait, you carry a blood-collection kit in your purse?" I ask her.

"You have your hobbies." Caitlin says to me and I smile and laugh taking a sip of my martini again.

Soon Cisco comes back with a tray full of shots and I laugh at them. "Ok, everyone take a shot." he says and we all grab one and toast. I take the shot and squint my eyes at how bitter the shot is. "Still nothing?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "I can't get drunk. I mean, I'm only 25, and my drinking days are already over." he says and I grab his hand. "I think that's a good thing." I say and he smiles and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me. "Come on, Allen. You're up." Eddie says when his cellphone suddenly buzzes. "There was a bombing on Eighth and Pass." Eddie says and I look at Barry. Eddie says bye to Iris and gives her a quick kiss. "Sorry, guys." Eddie says to us and he leaves. "I've got an early shift at Jitters. Barry, we'll catch up tomorrow." Iris says and I nod. "Yeah, me too. Barry, wanna walk me home?" I ask him, but actually meaning for him to go to S.T.A.R. Labs. "Yeah, sure." he says grabbing my hand. "I'm beat." Caitlin says pretending to be tired.

Barry and me walk out of the bar and Barry speeds to S.T.A.R. Labs to change, and I head back inside the bar to see Cisco and Caitlin at the table still. "Guys, there's a window washer, and he's gonna fall." Barry says. "Don't try and catch him. You don't have super-strength." Cisco says walking around the table. "Well, is there a bed store near? What if I get mattresses and stack them?" Barry asks. "Barry, this isn't a Road Runner cartoon." Caitlin says and I take a sip of the martini. "How fast would I need to go to run up a building?" he asks and I look at Caitlin and Cisco. "How far up do you need to go?" Cisco asks and I start to worry. "Uh, I don't know, 50 meters give or take." he says and I look at Cisco. Cisco grabs a napkin and a pen and does some math. "Guys, hurry." Barry says and I look at Cisco in anticipation. "Just run really fast and you'll be fine. But you need to maintain velocity on the way down or..." Caitlin says wandering off of her sentence.

"Or what?" me and Barry ask at the same time.

"Splat." Caitlin finishes and I look worriedly.

"Give me a shot." I say grabbing one of the shots on the table and drink it.

*~*~

Barry comes back with his regular clothes on and looks at me, Caitlin, and Cisco. "Come on, Tori, we gotta get you home." he says and I look at him confused. "Why? My dad won't worry for me being gone." I say to him and he just grabs my hand. "Just come with me." he says and I nod and say bye to Caitlin and Cisco. Once we were out of the bar, I look at Barry and he looks at me worriedly. "Ok, can you tell me what's up with you now?" I ask him putting a hand on my hip. "Iris saw me save the window washer at the crime scene." he says and I look at him in shock. "Iris saw you? Did she look into your eyes and know it was you? Did she get mad? Did she-" I was suddenly interrupted by Barry crashing his lips onto mine. "Just shut up." he says pulling away and I smile and blush. "So, what, exactly, happened out there?" I ask him. "Nothing really. She just saw me, I blurred my face and sped off." he says and I nod. "You know, she's not gonna stop talking about this tomorrow at work." I say and he nods with a smile. "Ok, let's get you home." Barry says and I nod in agreement. "With all those drinks I've had, I feel a little bit buzzed." I say and he picks me up bridal style and speeds me to my house.

*~*~

I wake up the next day take a quick shower and get dressed for work. I put on a purple long sleeved v-neck with a white tank top underneath, and a pair of dark denim jeans. I put on my converse and leave my hair down in waves. When I walk into Jitters I hand Melanie my purse and she hands me the apron. The store wasn't open yet, so I had a little time to talk to Iris about what happened last night. "Tori." I hear a voice call me and I turn to se Iris. "Hey." I say to her as she walks up to me and grabs the apron on the counter. "I saw the Streak." she says with a huge grin on her face and I act shocked to hear this. "Oh, really?" I ask her and she nods. "Yeah, he was saving a window washer on Eighth and Pass, where Eddie had to go for the bombing." she said and I nod. Once work started she kept her mind focused on serving customers. After hours of work I was finally out and I decided to go to the police department and see Barry.

When I get there, I look around and see army people here. I hear the elevator ding and I look to see Barry come in with a box full of evidence. "Barry, what's going on?" I ask him and he shrugs. We see Joe and an army person walk out and walk up to them. "Hey, what's going on?" he asks Joe and I look at him confusingly. "General Eiling is relieving us from the bombing case. Give these men everything that's relevant." Joe says and Barry nods. "Sure thing. Yeah." Barry says and hands the army person the box. Suddenly, I see Barry speed swipe a file cover in a evidence bag. "You and a few civilians in S.T.A.R. Labs might wanna check into that." Joe says and Barry nods. "I think we might." he says and Barry grabs my hand and we walk up to the lab. "Come on, Tori. Let's go to S.T.A.R. Labs." he says and I nod. Barry grabs my hand and we walk out of the department and to S.T.A.R. Labs.