11

I was with Iris at the Mongolian barbeque place and we were waiting for my, always running late, boyfriend. I don't know how he can be late when he has freaking super speed. "Where the hell is he?" Iris asks getting annoyed like me. "I have no clue, but when he gets here, he's gonna get it." I say. Suddenly he gets here and says, "Sorry, I'm late.". Me and Iris give him an angry look and he looks at us confused look. "What did I do wrong?" he asks us. "You're so close to getting smacked upside the head, Barry." I say angrily. "I'm sorry. I had some stuff to do." he says and I roll my eyes, but I know that him being a hero comes first than us. But I still had to act mad so Iris doesn't get any suspicions. "Now I feel like a third wheel. I mean it's you and Barry, and I'm without my boyfriend." Iris says.

"Well, you know that your boyfriend is a cop and he needs to work." I say to her and she rolls her eyes.

"Well, at least my boyfriend isn't late all the time." she says talking about Barry.

"Yeah, and I need to work on that with him" I say and Barry just stares at me.

"Can I talk to you privately, please?" I ask him and he nods.

We walk a few feet away from Iris and I look at him, "How is it that you have super speed and you still tend to be late?" I ask and he shrugs. "Barry, I know that being a superhero is really important and it comes first, but I just need to know, was there an emergency or were you just late?" I ask him. "I was just late. I'm sorry though, Tori." he says and I smile at him. "I know you are, Bar, and I forgive you." I say to him and he kisses me. "Ok, let's go eat and then watch the movie." I say to him and he nods. We walk back over to Iris and we head inside the Mongolian barbeque place.

*~*~

After the movie, the three of us walk out of the theater. My arm was linked in Barry's and Iris was walking with her hands in the small bucket of popcorn. "Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight. Zombie movie scale, it was, like, a four. Tops." Barry says. "There's a zombie movie scale?" I ask him and he looks at me with a smile. "Yeah. Did you know that zombies exist in nature?" he asks and I laugh. "There's this species of fungi that infects ants causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores which in turn infect new hosts-" he says but then stops when he sees that me and Iris are just aren't interested. "I'm going full on nerd again, aren't I?" he asks. Me and Iris look at each other and we answer together, "Yup.". "It's ok though. You are still the cutest nerd I know." I say to him and he smiles at me and I smile at him. "Anyways, I am a lot more interested in the amazing as of late." Iris says and I look at her. "Because of the Streak thing?" Barry asks and she looks at us with a straight face. "He's out there. People are talking about him." Iris says putting a handful of popcorn in her mouth. "How do you know he's a he? Maybe it's a she?" Barry says and I nod in agreement.

"It's a man, ok? You guys know I'm really intuitive about this kind of stuff." Iris says and me and Barry know she is.

"Someone even posted a picture after being yanked from a car accident." she says and I look at Barry worriedly. "It's a red blur leaving the scene. What do you see?" she asks us showing the post to us, but instead it's a picture of Eddie who's calling. "We see your boyfriend calling." I say to her and Barry nods. "Oh, I should probably get this. I'm crashing at his place tonight. He's supposed to leave a key for me somewhere." she says and answers the phone. I look over to Barry and I was about to talk when we both hear his phone go off. I sigh and look away as Barry gives me the "I'm sorry" look. I know it might be Cisco or Caitlin calling him to get his ass over to a crime scene to stop a criminal, but I wish it wasn't right here and now. "Hello." Barry answers and I look at him with a straight face. "Public indecency?" Barry asks and I look at him confusingly and he looks at me the same way probably wondering what they meant. "Dog leash violation?" he asks a little more annoyed.