63

Later that night, Barry and I knew that Caitlin was gonna say something to Dr. Wells about our little plan, so Barry went to talk to her and I stayed home. I waited for him to come home after his interrogation with Bates' grandmother. Barry called me and I answered the phone, "Hey, what did Bates' grandma tell you and Eddie?" I ask him. "Eddie was arrested for shooting two officers, but it was Bates impersonating him. He was impersonating his grandmother when we were talking, and then he escaped and I couldn't use my speed, but he morphed into Eddie and shot the officers." Barry says and I widen my eyes. "Should I go over there?" I ask Barry sitting up on my bed. "No, I'll be home soon." Barry says and he hangs up. I just hope that Eddie won't be prosecuted for the murder since we know that he's innocent.

*~*~

The next day, I put on my red and blue flannel long sleeved dress and put on my black wedges. I curl my hair and put on makeup. I walk out of my room and see Barry in the same color flannel, dark jeans, and his favorite pair of converse. "Are we gonna be that couple?" I ask him and he just smiles and kisses me. "I gotta go to the precinct. The DA wants to talk to Captain Singh and me about "Eddie's friendly fire" last night." he says and I nod. "I'll come with you. I'll wait for you outside the captain's office." I say and he nods and I grab my purse and my phone. We walk to the precinct and when we get there, Barry pecks my lips and walks into the office. I just watch the DA and Captain Singh argue and Barry was like an innocent bystander in that argument. The DA walks out of the room and Barry and the captain were the only ones in there.

Once Barry gets out, I see Iris run in and Barry stops her. "What's going on? Everyone is saying Eddie shot two cops. How is that possible?" Iris asks worriedly. "We're not sure yet." Barry says and we walk to one of the desks. "You don't think he did this, do you?" she asks us and I shake my head. "No. Of course not." Barry says trying to calm her down. "I need to see him." she says trying to dash to the interrogation room. "Hey. You can't see him, alright? They're not gonna let you." Barry says and I nod. "Look, I'm gonna do everything I can to help him." Barry says and I nod. "And even if I don't work here, I'll help too." I say and she nods. "I'm so sorry, Iris." I say hugging her and she hugs me tightly. I know how worried she must be for Eddie. I'm the same way with Barry sometimes when we're out on hero duty. "I promise, everything will be ok." I say and she nods. We pull away and Barry grabs my hand and we head up to his lab.

Barry was working hard in the lab trying to prove Eddie's innocence. I was helping him a little really not knowing what to do. When Barry found it, he dashed downstairs to show the DA the proof. I run downstairs seeing the DA walk out of the room and I sneakily walk in. "Tori, you can't be in here." Barry says to me. "I know, but I just wanted to know if she let Eddie go." I say and Barry shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Eddie" I say and he shakes his head. "It's hard to blame her. That video is pretty damning." Eddie says standing up from the chair. "No, no, we just have to convince her." Barry says and I nod. "Seeing is believing, Barry. They're gonna put me away." Eddie says to him and I cross my arms. "I'm sure they won't, Eddie. If you think you're giving up, think of Iris. She still believes in you. She's worried about you, Eddie." I say and he looks at me. "You both get me out of here the only way I know you can." Eddie says and we nod. We walk out of the room and I look at Barry. "I'm gonna go home really quick and take a shower and change again." Barry says and I nod. "I'll come with you." I say but Barry shakes his head. "Just meet me at the house in a few minutes." Barry says and I nod.

*~*~

I head over to the house and walk in. "Barry, are you ready?" I yell and run up to his room. I see him standing there in the middle of his room and he looks at me. "I thought you were gonna change?" I ask him and I walk up to him and peck his lips and he looks at himself then at me. "Yeah. I decided that I won't." he says and I nod. "Ok, well let's go. Iris needs our help." I say and he nods slowly. I hear the doorbell ring and I grab Barry's hand and we walk downstairs. I don't know why, but I'm getting an odd feeling from him right now. I open the door and see Caitlin there and I smile at her. "Hey." I say and she smiles. "I think I figured out a way to stop our shape-shifter from morphing into other people." Caitlin says and I nod. "Oh, really?" Barry asks and I look at him. "What if I create a serum that will terminate the polymerization reaction. Essentially forcing the bonds to revert to their original form. Stop him from being able to control his power." Caitlin says. "You can do that?" Barry asks and I look at him oddly.