69

I wake up in Barry's room and I carefully slip out of his arms and head to my room. I grab my towel and take a quick shower. Then I go back to my room and put on a black long sleeved crop top, a black leather skirt, and my black lace up heels. I curl my hair and put on a gold bracelet, a gold necklace, and my gold hoop earrings. I put my makeup on and walk out of my room and downstairs to see Barry on the phone with Joe. We head over to S.T.A.R. Labs and when we get there, Barry starts to explain to us about his phone call with Joe. "I just got a call from Joe. The Central City Gold Reserve is about to transport $300 million in gold bars to their Coast City vault. Singh told Joe they think the Man in the Mask is gonna make a play for it." Barry says.

"Ok, but we still don't know if he's responsible for those weird images you both saw." Caitlin says to us.

"How are they transporting the gold?" Cisco asks Barry and I look at Barry.

"By ice cream truck." Barry says and I look at him oddly.

"Ice cream truck?" I ask him.

"They needed to transport the gold without being noticed by the Man in the Mask, or some other thief. So, ice cream truck was the choice." Barry says and I nod.

*~*~

I was riding on my bike and Barry was running next to me while Cisco and Caitlin were tracking the truck and seeing if it would be attacked or something. "Whoa, the truck just got hit by a landmine." Cisco says to us. "Is Joe ok?" Barry asks them. "We don't know yet." Caitlin says and I speed up my bike a little more. When we get there, we see the Man in the Mask pointing his gun at Joe and Joe doing the same. Barry punches the Man in the Mask and I put my foot on the ground and the bike turns sideways and stops. "You ok?" Barry asks Joe and he nods. "Yeah. You?" Joe asks Barry in return. "I didn't want you to shoot him again. And I'm having a pretty bad day." Barry says and I nod in agreement. "So is this guy. Let's see what Goldfinger has to say for himself." Joe says and we nod. I hop off my bike and walk over to them. Joe takes the mask off and I widen my eyes and cover my mouth in shock to see who was under the mask. General Eiling. The last time we saw Eiling was when he was after Ronnie and Professor Stein.

"General Eiling?" Barry asks in confusion and we all look at each other in confusion.

We all head to S.T.A.R. Labs and we put Eiling in a containment cell in the pipeline. We change into our normal clothes and head back down to the pipeline. When we get there, all we see is Eiling standing there like a statue. I grab Barry's hand and we just look at him, "What is wrong with him?" Barry asks. "I pulled a bullet out of his shoulder-", "Which should hurt like hell." Joe interrupts Caitlin. "-and it didn't even seem like he felt it." Caitlin finishes saying and we look at her. "I did a complete body scan, and otherwise, General Eiling is perfectly healthy." she says to us. "So why is he just standing there like a robot?" Joe asks her and Barry shakes his head.

"I just got off the phone with A.R.G.U.S. Officially, Eiling is on administrative leave." Cisco says walking in.

"Unofficially...?" Joe asks.

"I spoke with Diggle's wife, Lyla, and she said Eiling's been missing for the past three months, and A.R.G.U.S. is covering up for it." Cisco says.

"Makes sense. Last time me and Tori saw the general was when Ronnie, me, and Tori broke Professor Stein out of that military facility. I'm sure they're covering that up too." Barry says and I nod.

"So where has he been since then? General Eiling, why were you trying to rob the gold reserve?" Joe asks, but Eiling doesn't answer.

"Maybe he's in some kind of trance?" Caitlin says and we all look at him.

"General? Do you remember us?" Barry asks and Eiling makes eye contact with me and Barry.

"Flash. Hummingbird" he says and I widen my eyes and look at Barry.

"Oo. How does he know you're the Flash and Hummingbird?" Joe asks.

"We don't know." I say.

"General-" Barry was then interrupted by Eiling.

"Eiling not here. Eiling... bad." he says and we look at him confusingly.

I squeeze Barry's hand tightly and he looks at me with concern. "Maybe it's some kind of psychotic break presenting itself as dissociative identity disorder." Caitlin says. "Caitlin." Eiling says and we look at him oddly. "Caitlin... good." he says and we look back at Caitlin. "Oh, uh, thank you?" Caitlin says awkwardly and we look at Eiling. "Mm. Forget multiple personalities. You guys have seen The Exorcist, right?" Cisco asks. "Everyone but her." Barry says motioning to me. "I hate horror movies." I say and Barry laughs. "You and your movies." Joe says and I nod in agreement. "Keep talking to him. He seems to respond to you." Joe says to Barry. "Uh, why is Eiling bad?" Barry asks him. "Eiling... hurt me. I hurt... Eiling." he says and I look at Barry and then at Joe. "Uh, so if you're not Eiling, then who are you?" Barry asks. "I... am... Grodd. Fear me." he says and I snuggle up to Barry in slight fear and I look at him and then we turn to Caitlin and Cisco. "What is a Grodd?" Barry asks them and Caitlin and Cisco look at each other.

*~*~

We all head up to the Cortex and Caitlin and Cisco show us a video of Grodd who was actually a gorilla. "Oh. Grodd is a gorilla." Barry says turning back to Caitlin and Cisco. "That's not scary at all." I say leaning on the table. "Five years ago, Eiling and Wells were working on a project to expand soldiers' cognitive abilities during battle." Cisco says. "What we didn't realize is that Eiling was trying to create soldiers with psychic abilities." Caitlin says and I widen my eyes. "What do you mean psychic?" Joe asks. "Eiling was trying to create these super-soldiers with telepathic and telekinetic capabilities." Cisco says and I look down.

"But when Dr. Wells found out the terrible experiments Eiling was doing he shut down the entire project." Caitlin says.

"So our psycho-killer has a soft spot for animals. That's sweet." Joe says.

"Wait, so you were experimenting on Grodd with these experiments so soldiers could have telekinetic and telepathic abilities?" I ask and they nod.

"If he has telepathy, what if it means he has telekinesis too? I mean I have telekinesis, what if I have telepathy?" I ask and they both widen their eyes.

"It might of been a possibility that we kept some of the experiments and in the explosion they evaporated and turned into light matter. We need to run some tests." Caitlin says grabbing my arm and pulling me to the examination room. "Barry, help." I yell and I just hear him laugh in the background. While Caitlin was doing tests on me, Cisco was explaining to the others about Grodd. Caitlin was testing my blood and I was just waiting in anticipation. After a while of Caitlin typing, she stops typing and I look at her. "Did you find something, Cait?" I ask her and she looks back at me. "Yeah. Remember how you said that when you were being flooded with Grodd's memories and soon they melted away and your memories came in?" Caitlin asks and I nod. "Well, it's a sign about your telepathic powers. You have the same powers as Grodd." she says and I widen my eyes. "I have the same powers as a pissed off gorilla who took control of a person who mistreated him?" I ask and Caitlin nods. "That's not creepy, not one bit." I say and Caitlin puts her hand on my shoulder. "At least you can probably keep him out of your head and get into his." she says and I nod. Hopefully she's right about me keeping Grodd out of my mind and getting into his.