59

Me and Barry were on movie night at the house. My dad was working, so we had the house to ourselves. Just as I was gonna place the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table, I hear Barry's phone ring. "Hey, Joe." he says and he stays quiet. "Ok, I'll be there." he says and I roll my eyes.  "I'm sorry, Tori. I'll be back soon." he says and kisses me quick and he speeds out. We've been catching robbers a lot this week. It seems like this city was getting a bit crazy. Barry comes back a little later and I raise my eyebrow at him. "Sorry, there were like a lot of crazy things happening." he says and I smile at him. "It's ok. As long as your mine for tonight." I say kneeling on the couch and he walks over and kisses me. He sits on the couch and we play the movie. I know I should've helped him, but he wanted me to stay here and before I could beg to come with him, he sped out of the house.

*~*~

The next day, Barry got an early call from Joe saying that there was a homicide at Hudson University. Barry had to leave and so did I. I had rehearsals at the restaurant and Barry was gonna pick me up as usual. Barry picks me up after rehearsal and we head over to S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry gives Caitlin a blood sample of the victim at the homicide and she analyzes it. "Death by apitoxin." Caitlin says after she analyzed the sample. "Honeybee venom." Dr. Wells says and I widen my eyes. "Bees. Why did it have to be bees?" Cisco asks and I smile and laugh at him. "Y'all, I don't do bees. Ain't nobody got time for bees." Cisco says and I laugh again. "When a honeybee stings, the stingers are literally torn from their abdomen and they die." Dr. Wells says.

"But there were no stingers in the body and no dead bees in the car." Barry says.

"A honeybee can only deposit 0.1 milligrams of apitoxin when it releases its stinger." Caitlin says.

"And yet Ms. Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a herd of elephants. It appears not only is a metahuman controlling these bees, but also increasing their toxicity." Dr. Wells says.

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones. Maybe this meta is controlling them through secretion?" Barry asks.

"Anyone wanna join me in getting a beekeeper suit?" Cisco asks and I laugh.

"I'm pretty sure I can outrun a bee."

"Not me. I'm not a speedster." I say.

"Don't worry, I got you." Barry says wrapping his arm around me and I smile.

"Just don't run into a lake." we hear a feminine voice say and we turn to see Felicity.

"The bees will wait for you to come up for air. Then they'll sting you. Discovery Channel. Turns out there's a lot to discover." she says and I smile.

I walk up to her and hug her, "Hey, Felicity, what are you doing here? Is Ollie with you?" I ask her and she purses her lips. "No, not Oliver. Can you guys come outside for a sec?" she asks and I look at Barry and the others and we nod. We put on our jackets and walk outside with her and she looks up at the sky for something or someone. "What exactly are we waiting for, Ms. Smoak?" Dr. Wells asks Felicity. "Up there." she says and points at the little speck in the sky. "Is that a bird?" Caitlin asks her and we all look at the speck in confusion. "It's a plane." Cisco says walking next to Cisco. "It's my boyfriend." Felicity says and I widen my eyes at her. Felicity's boyfriend removes his helmet and standing right in front of us is the Ray Palmer. "Hi. I'm, Ray." he says and my mouth drops open and I look at her with wider eyes.

*~*~

We walk inside S.T.A.R. Labs and I walk over to Felicity. "Why didn't you tell me that your dating Ray Palmer." I say smacking Felicity's arm. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you." she says and I smile at her. "He's hot." I say staring in the room where Caitlin and Ray were in and then I remember Barry was standing next to me. "Not that you're not hot, either, Bar." I say and he shakes his head with a smile and pecks my lips. "I wish you called before flying in." Barry says to her and I nod in agreement. "Oh, no. He flew. I drove." she says. "I'm serious. Alright? Now is not the best time." Barry says to her. "Why? What's going on?" Felicity asks us.

"I'll give you the info about it later." I say to her and she nods.

"Ah. Well, my ears popped, so that's something." Ray says walking out of the room.

"You're lucky you didn't break your neck. What is it with billionaires being superheroes?" Caitlin asks squinting her eyes at Ray.

"So have you picked a name yet?" Cisco asks and I shake my head knowing what that meant.

"I'm kind of partial to the Atom. Shhew." Ray says motioning something I didn't know.

"Are you married to that, or...?" Cisco asks.

"If he likes the name, let him keep it." I say to Cisco.

"Your A.T.O.M. suit. Quite the technological achievement, Mr. Palmer. I'm impressed." Dr. Wells says to him. "And he is never impressed." Caitlin says and I look at Barry. "Well, thank you. But I can't quite seem to keep it up." Ray says and we look at him confusingly. "He means the suit." Felicity says walking up to Ray and wrapping her arm around his. "Yeah, I mean the suit." he says and I laugh. I look over to Barry and see him look a bit frustrated. "Barry, are you ok?" I ask him in a whisper and he looks at me and nods. "The sex is great." I hear Ray say and notice that they both ramble on. "God, there's two of them." Caitlin says and I nod. "I know from Felicity that you have been very helpful with Barry and the Flash suit and Tori and the Hummingbird suit. And I was hoping to get another set of eyes on my..." he pauses and looks at Felicity. "Problem." she says to him and he nods. "... problem." he says and I look at the others. "Any friend of the Arrow's is a friend of-", "Hell yes!" Cisco says and I laugh at him quietly. "Uh, guys, we kind of have a lot going on already." Barry says and I look at him.

"There's a metahuman killer that can control a whole swarm of bees." Barry says and I nod.

"Cool." Ray says with a little laugh. "I mean awful."

"I'm sure Caitlin and I will provide ample support, Barry." Dr. Wells says.

"And I will be happy to sit this one out." Cisco says with a smile and I shake my head with a smile.

"Barry, look at me." I say as he looks at the others but he doesn't look my way.

"Ray, why don't you stay here and work on your suit while Barry, Tori, and I run to Jitters for some java?" Felicity says and Ray nods.

"Coffee?" Felicity asks us and we nod.