27

Me and Caitlin carry Barry to where Cisco is and we sit him on the floor. I ignored what Cisco and Caitlin were saying and hold onto Barry. Tears still flowing down my face. "I still can't believe he's dead." Barry says and I continue to sob. "Dr. Wells?" Cisco asks scared and I feel Barry's right arm unwrap around me. "No. No. Tony Woodward." Barry replies and I feel his lips land on my head. "He escaped the Pipeline." Caitlin says and I feel Barry's head shake. "He must've gotten out when the blackout hit." Barry says. "Not possible. The Pipeline was designed to withstand power outage. Someone had to have let him go." Cisco says and I pull away from Barry, wipe the tears away, and look at Cisco.

"I did." we hear Dr. Wells say and we turn to the door to see him wheel in.

"I released him." he says again and I get angry.

"Why?" me and Barry ask at the same time while standing up.

"To divert our intruder's attention while we worked to restore your speed." he says.

"You used him as a distraction?" I ask him angrily.

"An unnecessary one as it turns out, it seems the plan has failed."

I look at Barry and he looks at himself then at Dr. Wells angrily. "I have his blood on me. How could you do that?" Barry asks and I look at Dr. Wells. "You're showing a lot of sentiment for a man who tormented you as a child." Dr. Wells says. "Well, sometimes sentiment is all they need to stop bullying." I yell at him. "Tony might've been a bully then and now, but he didn't deserve to die." Barry says. "Does Caitlin, or Cisco, or me, or Tori, or you? I had a choice to make, him or us. I chose us without a second thought." he says, but I still didn't believe a single word he said. "Well, all you talk about miracle cures and scientific breakthroughs, but you don't care about people at all." Barry says. "Maybe you care too much. I know being a hero is important to you. I respect your ideals. I don't have the luxury of sharing them." Dr. Wells says. "I forgot. Your game's chess. We're all just pawns to you. Right?" Barry asks him and I cross my arms.

"So what's your move doctor? Which one of us is sacrificed next?" Barry asks angrily.

Everything was quiet and tension was rising in the air. I knew I've hated Dr. Wells for a reason, but there's still something that he's hiding that would make everyone else turn on him. Caitlin was typing on a laptop and Barry was still furious with Dr. Wells. "We have to get out of the facility ." Dr. Wells says rolling toward us. "We just left him on D-level." Barry says squeezing my hand. "We won't make the main entrance from here." Caitlin says and I nod in agreement. "What about the garage? The mobile lab van?" Cisco asks Caitlin. "It's my move, Mr. Allen. And I say we make a run for it." Dr. Wells says and I look at Barry. "Oh my God. Barry, look." Caitlin says and me and Barry look at the laptop. "Your cells are rapidly regenerating." she says and he lifts his right hand and it moves at super speed slightly. "I still don't have my speed." Barry says and I look at the cells. "It must be mental." Dr. Wells says and we all look at him. "Not physical." he says again and I look at Barry.

"Ho-ho. You have the yips." Cisco says and we look at him confused.

"The whats?" Barry asks.

"You know. When a second baseman all of a sudden can't throw to first, or a golfer tries to putt, and they get all embarrassed and upset. That makes the yips worse, and it's a hot mess. And then, they feel like even more of a failure." Cisco replies.

"That's not helping." me and Barry say and Barry walks away a little.

"Look you asked if I believed you were struck by lightning for a reason, if you were chosen. I believe. You should too." Caitlin says and I walk over to him and grab his hand.