26

When we get back to S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry looks at his suit with a long face and I was sitting at the desk. Caitlin walks up behind Barry, "You think I'll ever wear it again?" Barry asks. "I hope so." Caitlin replies trying to comfort him. "I didn't have my speed for very long." Barry says again and Caitlin stands next to him. "But now that it's gone, it feels like a part of me is gone too." he says walking away from the suit. Caitlin walks in front of him and says, "With or without your speed, you're still you, Barry." Barry didn't think that he was him without his speed. That he wasn't the best version of himself and I knew that he loved being the Flash, even if it was a short amount of time. He explained how he loved the feeling of running, the wind rushing past him, and being able to help people. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. "Farooq Gibran." Cisco says walking in and we look at him in confusion.

"Who?" Barry asks.

"The powers vampire who jacked your speed. I hacked into surveillance footage from the substation. Once I got his face it was easy to find a match." Cisco says and I type the name into the computer in front of me.

"He climbed an electrical tower the night of the accelerator explosion." I say reading the article from the Central City Gazette. "No surprise where his powers came from." Caitlin says and I nod in agreement. The computer starts to beep and Cisco runs over and pushes a button that shows one of the security cameras outside the building and we see Gibran outside. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. This is not happening." Cisco says and the others walk over. "Dr. Harrison Wells, I need to see you!" Gibran says and I admit he looks pretty weird, but not as weird as the guy that was talking to Barry at C.C.P.D. "Come on. I know you're inside. Open the door." he says again and I look up at Barry. "I just wanna talk, Dr. Wells." he says again and I know he's never gonna shut up. "Wells, let me in!" he yells and I start to worry. We just look at him and I was worried about what he might do. Then he walks away and the lights start to flicker on and off and that meant he was draining electricity from the building and probably the whole city. The power was out and I look around and look at Barry. This wasn't gonna be good.

I stand up and walk over to Barry. Then the building starts to shake and I grab onto Barry and he holds my waist. We knew that Gibran was already breaking in, but Barry couldn't do anything and I'm the only good metahuman left in this building. "He's inside." Barry says and I start to worry that my heart was pounding in my chest rapidly. Barry took out his phone and tried to call Joe, but it went straight to voicemail, so he called Captain Singh. "Wait. Capt. Singh, I've been trying to get in touch with Joe or anyone at anyone at the precinct." Barry says then everything was quiet. "Wait." Barry says and I look at him. "What happened?" I ask him and see that he looks worried. "Joe and Iris are in trouble. I need my powers back now." Barry says walking up to Dr. Wells. "I have a theory. It's untested." Dr. Wells says facing Barry. "I'm willing to roll the dice." Barry says and I bite my lip.

"Ok. You've lost your speed. Yes. But nothing's changed inside you on a subatomic level. In other words, your cells are still primed." Dr. Wells says and I understand him, which is hard to believe that I actually did. "They just need a jump-start" Cisco says and Dr. Wells nods. "Ok, how do we jump-start me?" Barry asks them. "We need to replicate the initial jolt to your system." Dr. Wells says and I widen my eyes. "But that would mean a peak current of at least 20,000 kiloamps." Cisco says and my eyes stay wide. "Are you insane? That's more electricity than they give to people in the electric chair." Caitlin says. "And isn't it dangerous? I mean, it could kill him, right?" I ask. "Caitlin, Tori, with Farooq in the building, we're looking at a death sentence here." Dr. Wells says and I bite my lip again.

"The spare generator's offline. If we reboot it, we could get a charge that big." Cisco says.

"We need something that can transmit the load from the generator to Barry without shorting out." Dr. Wells says.