40

When Caitlin and Cisco came up we were all sitting at the other table. I was sitting across from Barry and Caitlin and Cisco were standing. Then Dr. Wells rolls in, "I assume you were all listening." Dr. Wells says and we all look at him. "Well, Hartley was telling the truth." he says and I listen carefully, but a part of me says that he's not gonna say the whole truth. "I have not been honest with you. With any of you." he says again. He raises his arms over his head and puts his hands on the back of his head. The longer it takes for Wells to tell us, the more anxious we get.

"The accelerator. Hartley warned me that there was indeed a chance that the accelerator could explode." he says and I see Barry look down.

"His data did not show 100% certainty. Just that there was a risk but it was a real risk... and yet I made the decision... that the reward... that... everything we could learn that everything we could achieve that all of that... simply outweighed that risk. I'm sorry." he says and I believe what he was saying, but it feels like he's still hiding something.

"The next time you choose to put our lives and the lives of the people we love at risk we'll expect a heads up." Caitlin says and she walks away.

Then Cisco walks away and it was just me, Barry, and Dr. Wells in the room. "After the explosion, when everyone else left you, Caitlin and Cisco stood by you. You owe them more than an apology." Barry says and I nod in agreement. Dr. Wells says that it's gonna be hard since Hartley wants to send him to the next world. "What-?" Barry asks and shakes his head. "That wouldn't make it right with them." Barry says and we both stand up and I cross my arms. "You broke their trust, our trust." Barry says and we walk away from him. Barry decided to head to Jitters and I was gonna head home. I still think that Wells is hiding something else than that. I hear my phone ring and I see that it was Jake and I answer it. "Hey, Tori." he says and I smile when I hear his voice. "Hey, Jake. Is there some reason you're calling me for?" I ask as I walk to the house. "Yeah, date night. At that Italian place." Jake says and I smile. "That sounds nice. When are you gonna be here?" I ask him.

"Soon." he says and I laugh.

"Ok. See you then." I say and hang up.

When I get home, I fix my hair and spray perfume and then the door bell rings. I answer the door and see Jake. "Hey." I say with a smile and he smiles at me. "Ready to go?" he asks and I nod and grab his hand. After dinner, Jake took me back to his place which I found to be a little scary considering the only other person's apartment I've been to was Barry's when he lived in that stupid hell hole of an apartment building. Jake closes the door behind us and I look around the place. It seemed nice and cozy, minus all the junk on the coffee table. I swear if I left my dad, and Barry alone at the house for one minute, the house would probably look like a tornado hit it. Jake walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. Jake kisses me and I kiss him back. I hear my phone ring again and I pull away but Jake pulls me back in. I pull away and Jake sighs and I answer the phone, "Hello?". "Tori, Wells just called me and said that Hartley got loose we need to go now." Barry says and I sigh. I look at Jake then turn to the wall, "Pick me up at Sixth street. I'll see you there." I whisper and hang up. "I'm so sorry that this keeps happening. I'll make it up to you." I say and peck his lips. I walk out the door and then dash out of the building. I see the familiar red streak coming towards me and I get picked up and we speed to S.T.A.R. Labs.

When we get there, we get into the lab and see Caitlin on the floor. I help her up and she was holding her cheek, "Are you ok?" Barry asks she nods. "Yeah, Cisco and Dr. Wells." Caitlin says and Barry grabs my waist and we speed over to Dr. Wells and see that he was in his wheel chair. "He's gone." Dr. Wells says and I wondered how. Then we head down to the Pipeline and see the huge mess and Cisco passed out on the floor with his nose bleeding. "I got him." I say to Barry and he nods. I levitate Cisco and walk back to the lab and lay him on the bed. A few minutes later Cisco wakes up and I smile, "Welcome back, Mr. Ramon." Barry says and I shake my head with a smile. Cisco starts to worry about Caitlin and Barry assures him that she's ok. "You need to rest." I say and Caitlin walks up to us. "You have a concussion. You're lucky." she says and then Cisco looks at me and Barry. "Please tell me you got him." Cisco asks us and I look at Barry and he looks at me. We both look back at Cisco and shake our heads, "I guess the attack on his family's company was a fake out so we'd catch him." Barry says and I nod.