Chapter Twenty Five: Bloodlines Part III

"Damon!" Holly shrieked as the man behind Damon kicked him away from Holly. Damon grunted as he fell to the floor. A tall, dark hair man was kicking Damon with a wooden stick before adding a large amount of gasoline on his body.

"What the hell?" Damon groaned.

"No!" Holly shrieked. "Leave him alone! Vi-"

The man pushed Holly against the wall and she landed with a thud. Holly let out a little whimper.

Damon hissed as he pushed the man against the wall. "Leave her alone! Who the hell are you?"

"That's perfect, you don't even know!" he hissed. "You killed my girlfriend! And now I'm going to do the same to your little witch!"

"Killed-"Holly trailed off. "Lexi? Lexi was your girlfriend?"

"Took you long enough." The man snapped as he gripped Damon by the neck. "He killed her and now I'm going to kill him-"

"Vitases!" Holly shrieked as the man released his grip on Damon and fell to the floor, grunting. Damon nodded in Holly's direction. "Get in the car, Holly you don't need to see this-"

Holly didn't budge. "Holly!"

"Just." She squeezed her eyes. "Do it, fast please?"

Bree flinched when she felt Damon's presence behind her.

"I came to say goodbye, Bree."

"Good to see you, Damon." She said flatly.

"No kiss?" Damon asked sarcastically.

Bree turned around and whispered. "I'm on vervain."

Damon narrowed his eyes. "And you're telling me this why? You send an idiot to kill me, who almost killed Holly!"

Bree's lip trembled. "Lexi was my friend and you killed her." Damon approached her and she said quickly. "Wait, I know how to open the tomb, the reversal spell must be in Emily's grimore."

"Perfect," Damon gave her a cold smile. "And where is it?"

"I-uh."

"You have no idea, do you?" he whispered as he pulled out her heart. Bree fell on the floor. "That's why I almost sorry."

Half an hour later Holly and Damon were back in Damon's car on their way back to Mystic Falls. "So why did you bring me here with you, to figure out a way to rescue your beloved Katherine? Even though Bree was you know, no help at all."

Damon shrugged. "Well, you're not the worst company in the world, Holly you should give yourself more credit. Besides before you pull out this super witch stunt you were this damsel in distress in the middle of the road, and you're not half bad."

Holly smiled as she rested her head against the window. "I'm not moody all the time."

"You were all right today. Dare I say, fun?"

"Oh, shut up I saved your life." She eyed him. "You owe me."

"Yes, I do."

"Are you sure you will be ok by yourself?" Damon said as he parked the car in front of the Salvatore estate. "I wouldn't want my brother to kidnapped you and make you and Elena his Katherine puppets."

Holly rolled her eyes. "Very funny. Where are you going?"

"The Grill. I'm in desperate need of a drink." He smirked. "I'd ask you to come along, but I really don't want to deal with alcohol poisoning."

Holly slammed the door of the car. "I had fun though, regardless of the fact that Lexi's boyfriend almost murdered you. Karma does exist."

Damon drove away and Holly entered the Salvatore house, not sure what to expect. She went into the living room and saw Stefan and Elena in the living room. She awkwardly put her bag on the couch. "Hey, you guys aren't fighting anymore?"

Stefan and Elena exchanged looks. "No, listen Holly there's something I have to tell you." Elena looked at Stefan. "Stefan was the one who saved me the night our parents went off Wickery Bridge."

"What?" she peeped.

Stefan nodded. "I was there. I could save Elena, but I couldn't save Miranda and Grayson."

Holly looked at the strange looks between Elena and Stefan. "But that's not all . . . is this about Katherine?"

Elena's mood darkened. "No, we'll yes we are related to Katherine, but-"

"But, I thought that at first it didn't make sense your resemblance to her." Stefan interrupted. "Katherine was a Pierce and both of you are Gilberts."

Holly looked at him blankly.

Stefan sighed as he handed her some hospital papers. "You were adopted Holly. You and Elena. Grayson and Miranda aren't your real parents."

Holly shook her head. "No, that's not possible-"

"Holly," Elena interrupted gently. "I've seen the papers, there was never any record that our mom was pregnant with us."

Holly was blinded by tears and Elena was trembling next to her. She could tell that her sister was full of rage, though Holly was filled more with sadness and betrayal. Elena pushed the door open and almost quickly Jenna came walking towards them.

"Holly." Her eyes focused on Holly. "I don't set a lot of rules, Holly because I trust you. And now I trust you to tell me the truth, I called Bonnie you didn't stay with her, where were you?"

"You have no right to talk about the truth!" Elena said furiously as she walked up the stairs.

Holly looked after her sister, her eyes blinded by tears. She turned to Jenna. "Why didn't you tell us that we were adopted?"

"I-"Jenna stammered. "Your parents asked me not to tell you, Holly I'm so sorry-"

"Are you?" her voice broke as she ran up the stairs, following her sister trying to get Jenna's hurt face away from her mind.

Alaric was the only one sitting at the bar at the Grill when Damon sat next to him. "Bourbon, please."

Alaric turned around slightly and faced Damon. Yes, it was him. The man who had murdered his wife, Isobel.