Chapter 46: The Return Part I

Elena closed the door behind her and was surprised when it was quiet. Jenna had texted her and told her that she had been in bed when the police asked her to give a statement about the fire, she had told her that Jeremy and Holly were home, but neither of them were making a sound. She needed to tell Holly about Caroline's accident that had resulted in her being hospitalize.

She went upstairs and slightly knocked on Jeremy's room. "Jeremy." She frowned she saw that on Jeremy's bed was an empty vial of vampire blood and a nearly empty box of pills. "Jeremy, no please wake up. What did you do you can't be a vampire, Jeremy!"

Jeremy let out a sudden gasp as he looked around, he looked at Elena. "Did it work, am I vampire?"

"I can't believe you, don't move." She hissed as she grabbed her phone and dialed Stefan's number.

"You're at the hospital already?"

"No." she said. "You need to come home, Jeremy drank some blood. . .and pills, I don't know if he's a vampire because he looks fine, yet so do you-"

"Elena, calm down." Stefan said. "I'll be there soon, calm down and keep an eye on Jeremy."

"Thanks, Stefan." Elena turned off her phone. Where was Holly?

"Holly!" Elena walked into the kitchen, maybe Holly had her earphones on. "Jeremy-"She screamed when she went into the kitchen and saw Holly passed out on the floor. Elena started shaking her, "Holly, please wake up Holly. Holly." She searched for a pulse, but saw that Holly didn't have a pulse.

"Elena?" John Gilbert came into the room followed by Jeremy who turned pale. "What happened?"

"I don't know." She admitted. "I came in and she was completely passed out."

"Jeremy, get an ambulance." John noted as he kneeled down next to Holly. "She doesn't have a pulse." He looked darkly at Elena. "She's dead."

"Hey, are you ok?" Stefan asked worriedly as he hugged Elena, they were at Mystic Falls hospital and Elena's face was covered with tears. "Stupid question, what happened?"

"I'm not sure, first I thought Jeremy was a vampire, I saw an empty viral, and he's not is he?"

Stefan shook his head. "It seems Anna's blood cured him before he turned, he's still human, continue."

"So I went into the kitchen and saw Holly passed out, John came in and he confirmed that she was dead." Elena's vision fluttered with tears. "My sister can't be dead, Stefan! They did an autopsy, they found rat poison in her blood, they think it was suicide, she's been dead since 10:45 she can't be dead, Stefan."

"I know, I'm sorry." Stefan hugged her tightly. "We'll figure it out. Who else knows?"

"Just me and John." She said. "John just told Jenna that Holly was at the hospital, but I also called-"

"Hey, what happened?" Damon came into the room. "What happened to Holly?"

Stefan and Elena exchanged glances. "She's dead Damon, they said that she died around ten forty five."

Damon shook his head, his eyes filled with hurt. "No, no that's not possible. That was only fifteen minutes after I stopped talking to her, we were talking and I left around 10:30."

Elena shook her head. "Holly was only a little further in front of me," Elena hiccupped. "I got home twenty minutes after she did. She left the school at 10:30."

"That's impossible, I was talking to her at 10:30." Damon paused, who else looked like Holly besides Elena? Katherine. "You've got to be kidding me."