Chapter 58: By the Light of the Moon

"So what are you going to do with this?" Holly asked Bonnie as she raised the moonstone towards the light. "Perform an exorcism."

"Something like that," Bonnie smiled. "I'm going to find out what's binding the sun and then moon curse and then I'm going to destroy it."

She raised an eyebrow. "Just like that. You do realize that if Klaus finds out he will kills us all. We should be focusing on getting Stefan out."

Bonnie squeezed her hand. "Stefan wants us to focus on this. We're not going to let you put yourself in danger again, nor are we going to let Elena get used in some kind of creepy sacrifice ritual."

"What are you two arguing about?" Jeremy asked.

Bonnie put the stone in her bag. "I need coffee."

When Bonnie left, Holly saw that Jeremy was looking at her. "What?" she asked irritably.

"Why are you going off on some suicide mission, thinking that you can solve everything?"

"I know what I'm doing, Jeremy."

"No, you don't." Jeremy insisted. "You saving Elena and getting killed in the process, it's not ok, Holly." He shook his head and left, Holly used that opportunity to slowly slip the moonstone from Bonnie's bag. She headed downstairs trying to erase the guilty look on her face.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked at the bottom of the stairs.

"To go visit Stefan . . . with Elena." She said lamely.

Bonnie shook her head. "You're lying."

Before Holly could protest, Jeremy came downstairs. "She took the moonstone..."

Holly turned her attention from Jeremy and Bonnie, realizing that she had been ambushed. "How did-"she trailed off. "Look half of my family is dead, I'm not going to lose any more people no matter what I have to do." She tried to use her vampire speed to leave, but she was knocked back down. "What the hell?"

"We sealed it," Bonnie said grimly. "I'm sorry, Holly it's for the best."

Holly was in her living room trying not to cry from frustration and ignoring the magazines that Bonnie had left out as a peace offering. She heard knocking on the glass door. "You should really lock your door." he saw Holly glaring at him. "Oh, come on pouty you were so affectionate last night the grumpy look doesn't suit you."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Do you honestly think this is funny? Locking me up because I'm doing something you don't approve of?"

"Yes, Holly I find hilarity in the lengths I have to go through to save your life repeatedly." He said sarcastically.

Holly rolled her eyes. "Oh, please I saved your life a lot of time when I was a witch." She paused. "What did Stefan say about Elijah being alive?"

"Yeah, I didn't tell him." Damon said as he wrapped an arm around her, while sitting at the couch. "No need to worry about him." Jeremy entered the room. "Where's Bonnie?"

"I thought she was meeting you."

"No, she's on moonstone duty and I'm on Holly patrol." He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

Jeremy winced. "Gross, are you two like a thing now?"

"No," she pulled away.

"Yes." Damon said at the same time.

"So who's on Tyler Lockwood and the full moon?" Jeremy questioned.

Damon sighed. "Vampire Barbie asked if she could handle it, I figured if he bit her then I would get rid of two of my problems."