Chapter 27: Unpleasantville Part II

Holly was struggling with putting her zipper fully up. It was the fifties style dance at school tonight and Holly was determined to go, she wouldn't let yet another supernatural disaster ruin her high school life.

Unlike Elena who had chosen to wear tight jeans a sky blue shirt, Holly had chosen a more traditional fifties style outfit consisting of a puffy, pink dress with little white flowers, white high heels, and a pink ribbon in her hair.

Now if she could only get that damn zipper up.

"Need help?" Jenna asked quietly as she stood in the doorway of Holly's bedroom she was dressed in a fifties outfit as well.

Holly nodded. "Please."

Jenna zipped up her dress.

"So are you going to the dance with Alaric?"

Jenna nodded shyly. "He asked me to chaperone. I called the mechanic, your car isn't too damaged, it should be ready by next week, but you can keep using my car for now."

Holly nodded. "Thanks, Aunt Jenna and I'm sorry about the way I acted last night. . .I shouldn't have put you in that position, you were just doing what my mom asked you to do. But can I ask you something, who she . . . my birth mom was. What kind of person was she?" Maybe she was a witch too.

"I never meet your birth mom actually," Jenna said. "Your father was leaving the office one day when a teenage runaway appeared at his door ready to give birth. Your father offered her a place to stay, but by morning she was gone and she left you and Elena there, abandoned, twins." She smiled sadly. "All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom and there both of you were. Since Grayson was a doctor, he managed to tamper with the birth certificates, so if anyone asked they would have documentation."

Holly nodded. This was not really the information she was looking for. "Do you know anything else? Maybe her last name?"

Jenna shook her head. "Only her name Isobel."

Elena was just finishing the last touches of her fifties hair style when she heard a crash coming from the downstairs parlor. She turned off her hair dryer. "Holly, is that you?"

"No," Holly peeked from her own room. "I thought it was you."

"It must be Jeremy getting a snack or something." Elena frowned when she noticed that the compass on her bed was spinning out of control. She looked up, was there a vampire in the room? She dialed Stefan's number and she was surprised when Damon answered.

"Stefan's phone how may I help you?"

"Where's Stefan?" Elena demanded.

"On his way to see you, forgot his phone." Damon explained.

"Oh, thank god. Stefan must be here that's why the compass was spinning, thank you Damon." She hung up.

"Elena." Holly said as she walked into her sister's room. "I'm almost finished with my makeup, can you just please check if I left my earrings downstairs I can't remember."

Elena nodded. "Sure." She walked downstairs and was just walking into the living room when she felt someone grasping her by the shoulders, ready to sink his fangs in.

Elena screamed and Stefan who had just been coming inside the kitchen hurried towards her and managed to pull off the vampire away from Elena. He knocked the vampire to the ground. The vampire glared at Stefan and vamp flashed out.

Stefan helped Elena up. "Hey are you ok?"

Elena silently nodded.

Holly rushed down the stairs. "I heard screaming, what happened?"

"The vampire that attacked you," Elena managed to whisper. "He's here, Holly."

"How did he get in?" Damon question Elena, Holly, and Stefan who were sitting on the couch.

"He was invited in." Holly said faintly. "I invited him in."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Smart."

Holly scowled at him.

"He posed as the pizza delivery guy last night," Stefan said. "He could have fooled anyone."

"Or Holly is just easily fooled." Damon pointed out. "Elena, did he say what he wanted."

"No," Elena said tightly. "He was too busy trying to kill me."

"Holly," Stefan looked at her. "Do you think you know who it is?"

"I didn't recognize the voice," she looked from Stefan to Damon. "Do you think there's more than one?"

"We don't know." Damon put on his leather jacket. "Get up. We're going to the dance."

Stefan looked anxious. "Do you think that's safe?"

"It's the only lead we got Stefan. Besides we have a witch and bait on our side." He looked at Holly. "You two up for it?"

Elena and Holly exchanged nods.

"Elena, stop fidgeting," Holly said under her breath. She and Elena were standing near the punch bowl and Elena had been nervously moving her foot up and down for the past ten minutes. "You need to pretend to at least have a good time. Besides Stefan and Damon are not far off."

Elena forced a smile as Caroline and Bonnie approached them. "Having fun."

"Nope." Caroline said as she motioned to her blond hair do. "But this took two hours, so I'm going to at least pretend to enjoy myself, like Elena."

"I am having fun." Elena said.

Bonnie rolled her eyes playfully and then frowned when she saw Damon. "What is he doing here?"

"He's my, um date." Holly quickly fibbed and immediately regretted it when Bonnie and Caroline stared at her as if she were insane. "What? He knew that I didn't have a date and he offered to take me."

"What's wrong is that you can do so much better than him, Holly." Caroline scowled. "The guy is a monster."

"He's not that bad," Holly was surprised at her defending Damon. "Sure, he has some bad traits, but he's nice to me."

"Maybe only to you." Bonnie said as she grabbed a glass of punch. "All I know is that the dance stopped being fun."