Chapter 66: Klaus

Holly stood up when she saw Elijah's body, twitching, finally. She rushed towards him and started shaking him slightly. "Elijah."

"Katerina!" he shouted at her.

"Elijah," Holly tried to get him to snap out of it. "It's me, it's Holly."

"Oh, my god." He shrieked. "Katerina!" he sat up and pressed himself against the door. "I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in," Holly blurted out. "Elena owns the house now."

Elijah narrowed his eyes at her. "Then get me out of here." Holly followed him as he vamp speed towards the front door. "What happened?"

"Shut it." She raised a pointed gaze to tell him that she wasn't alone. "Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" he mouthed.

Holly threw the dagger at him and nodded.

A few minutes later, Holly stopped her car and looked towards Elijah who was sipping from a blood bag, the color seemed to have returned to his face. "Well, you look better . . . not so dead."

Elijah was not amused. "Why did you bring me here, Holly? And tell me quickly before I rip out that lying tongue of yours."

"Well, nobody can accuse you of being charming," Holly said as she turned towards him. "I need your help and in return I want to help you."

"And why should I even consider this?" he asked. "You have betrayed me."

"I know and for that I'm sorry," she said. "But we both want the same thing, Klaus dead and unless we help each other we won't be able to do it." Her cell phone rang. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?" Damon demanded. "And please tell me you weren't stupid enough to pull the dagger out of Elijah and are now having tea with him."

"Damon, I think we both know that I pulled the dagger out of Elijah," Holly said as she pressed the phone to her ear knowing that Elijah could hear every word. "And Elijah and I are working on a deal of our own, we need him if we're going to kill Klaus. Last time, we got lucky."

Damon snapped. "Do you actually trust him? Holly, come on don't be stupid-"

"Yes, Damon I do trust him, because unlike us he hasn't betrayed us once and now I'm willing to give him a chance. Love you, bye."

"Holly, don't you dare hang up on-"

Holly hung up and an amused Elijah held out his phone and Holly placed her phone in his hand. "Now what have I missed?"

"Well, the famous Klaus made a rather unusual entrance last night at our school dance." She elaborated. "He's taken over Alaric's body."

Elijah scoffed. "Of course he has, that's one of his favorite tricks.

"That's why I need you, what are his favorite tricks? You seem to know him more than all of us."

"Yes, I do." He ordered. "Please drive towards Carol's house, I need a change of clothes."

Holly wanted to question if this couldn't wait, but since Elijah seemed to be in a no joking mood she did as she was told.

"Elijah, Holly what a lovely surprise," Carol said as she looked at Elijah's ruined suit. "What happened? I'm on my way to meeting so-"

"Please," Elijah said compelling her. "It will only take a minute of your time. I need clothes."

"Well, I have some suits from my husband."

"Wonderful."

As soon as Carol was out of sight she whispered. "How do you know she's not on vervain?"