Chapter 60: Daddy Issues

Caroline was just locking her house when she felt Tyler's presence behind her. "Wow, Tyler you scared me."

Tyler didn't smile. "We need to talk."

"I know." Caroline said thinking about the kiss that they had shared. "It was just one kiss, Tyler but we can't go there . . . especially since I'm trying to figure out things with Matt."

"Ok."

"Great." She walked towards her car.

"What happened to my Uncle Mason?" Tyler demanded. "He's dead and I want you to tell me what happened. Or should I ask Holly and Stefan since they're vampires too or maybe I should ask Damon since he killed him! Did you know?"

Caroline grew panicked. "Wait, let me explain-"

Tyler pushed her against the car. "Did you know?"

"Yes," she squeaked. "I'm sorry."

Tyler pulled away. "I trusted you."

"What are you doing here?" Holly demanded to John as soon as she came into the kitchen and saw John eating his breakfast. John flinched and Holly smirked. "Don't worry, I'm not going to bite you if that's what you're worried about."

"Look Holly you turning into a vampire was a mistake," John said slowly. "A mistake that's not going to happen again, I'm here to protect Elena."

Holly raised an eyebrow.

"And that's all I can say until I can trust you."

"I forgot you don't trust vampires, I guess it doesn't matter if they are your own daughter."

At that moment Jenna and Alaric came stumbling into the kitchen, Jenna froze when she saw John. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I arrived late last night, Elena opened the door." John said. "I was hoping I could stay here for a little while."

"Yeah, I better leave." Alaric cleared his throat as he exited the kitchen.

"I'm still confused." Jenna snapped. "And you can't live here, as legal guardian-"

"Holly, should you tell her or should I?"

"Tell me? Tell me what?"

Holly glared at John. "I'm sorry Jenna, I should have told you earlier-"

"I'm Holly and Elena's biological father." John interrupted. "Now you know."

As soon as he exited the kitchen, Jenna turned to Holly. "Explain. Now."

"You should have heard him." Holly said as she talked to Damon. She was just exiting the Grill and heading towards her car. "He just blurted out the truth and of course Jenna is upset and like always is my turn to fix it."

"Do you want me to kill him?" Damon offered, because believe me I've been wanting too."

"I don't think killing your hated father in law looks good."

"Aw, are we married now? Kind of fast, but I don't mind." He joked.

Holly bit her lip. "Any word from Stefan or Tyler?" Stefan had gone to speak to Tyler to convince him that not all vampires were bad.

"Nope." Damon groaned. "I still can't see why we can't kill him."

"No one is killing anyone." She said. "I'll talk to you later."

She was just about to get into her car when a dark hair woman greeted her. "Holly right, Damon's girl? I'm Jules."

Holly cocked her head. So this was the wolf that had killed Rose. She crossed her arms over her chest. "How about we stop faking? What do you want?"

"Fair enough." Before she could blink, Jules sprayed her eyes with vervain causing Holly to scream. Her friend, Brady pulled out his gun and shot her once in the head.

"Get her inside. Before anyone sees."

Holly woke up slowly, everything was spinning and there was a pounding in her head. She forced herself to sit up and heard chains rustling. What the hell? What had happened?

She pulled the bullet out from the side of her head and Brady who was sitting across from her, while she was trapped in some kind of cage whistled. "Wow, you got the bullet out, don't worry I have lots of other toys." He shot her in the leg and she screamed. "It's going to be a long night sweet pea."

Damon heard his phone ring and he smiled when he saw caller ID. "Hello, Holly."

"Sorry, your sweetheart it's a little preoccupied at the moment." Jules said. "How badly do you want to keep her alive? Where's Tyler?"

"Jules." He snarled. "Where is she?"

"Oh, how adorable you care, let me show you proof." She went inside the RV and turned the phone in Holly's direction, Brady shot her again causing Holly to scream.

Damon flinched as he gripped the phone. "Hurt her one more time and I'll plaster your head on the wall."

"I thought about hurting you, but the truth is, it's so much more fun hurting the people that you care about." Jules said. "Bring Tyler to Wickery Falls or she dies."

"Where's Holly?" Damon demanded as an hour later, Stefan and Damon came into the clearing. Damon was holding Tyler by his shirt. "Answer me Jules."

"This doesn't have to get messy, Jules." Stefan tried to argue. "We want peace."

"I don't want peace." Damon snapped. "So give me Holly or I will rip open Tyler's head. You know that you're not match for us."

"Tough guy," Jules whistled and a pack of werewolves holding crossbones appeared. "Give us Tyler."

Damon grudgingly let go off Tyler. "Go on then." Tyler went towards Jules.

"Which one of you killed Mason?" Jules demanded.

"That would be me." Damon said.

"Boys make that one suffer."

Stefan looked at Damon. "Still, think you can handle it?"

Holly heard the commotion outside, but she honestly was grateful that they were letting her rest a little, being connately tortured was not fun. She raised her head and smiled. "Tyler, thank god you're here, you need to get me out."

Tyler didn't move. She froze. "Tyler, Tyler please, please."

Tyler didn't say anything, but opened the cage and helped her up. "Thank you."

Tyler nodded as he and Holly went outside. As soon as they did, Tyler and the rest of the werewolves fell on the floor in pain. A dark skinned man was chanting. "Elijah made a promise to Holly," Jonas said at Damon and Stefan. "Get out of here now."

"Stefan?" Stefan turned around and saw John holding a dagger and a small jar. "I come bearing gifts. I found this from Isobel's research, dig the dagger in some white ash and you kill an Original."

Stefan narrowed his eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I care about my daughters' safety."

"I'm fine, really." Holly told Damon who was looking at her anxiously. "You don't need to fuss, I drank a blood bag and I feel better, I'm just glad that Jonas came in time."

"Yeah, well Elijah has good timing." He pushed back a piece of dark hair. "I'm so sorry, that you keep suffering because of my actions."

"Don't, don't blame yourself." She whispered. "It wasn't you fault, I'm just glad that you're safe."

"I was afraid that Jules was going to kill you." Damon kissed her. "I swear I won't let Jules or anyone else hurt you again."

Katherine raised her head when she saw John approaching her, "I send Stefan to search for Isobel."

"She got your message, she send me instead." John said.

"Does Stefan know you're her?"

"No, this is just between you, me, and Isobel."

She nodded. "I want out of this tomb, John."

John nodded. "I'm already on it."