Chapter 67: The Last Day

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah addressed the group. "We should assume that Klaus is ready to break the curse and after a 1000 years become a hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon demanded. "We can kill him today with Bonnie."

Stefan sighed. "Damon."

"We talked about this, Damon," Holly said. She and Damon hadn't really talked since last night when she had broken his neck and did something that he didn't want her to do. "Bonnie can't use that much magic without dying, is not an option." He scowled.

"All right how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, Klaus has all the ingredient that he needs a moonstone, a doppelganger, and werewolf and a vampire to complete the ritual. Elena will fit into the last part of the ritual." Elijah pulled out a jar that was the elixir. "Klaus must drink the doppelganger's blood to the point of her death and that's where I come in. This is an elixir I acquired 500 years ago for Katerina."

"So I will be dead." Elena said slowly.

"And then you won't be." Elijah continued.

"That's your plan," Damon scoffed. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date, you want to come back how about John's ring?"

"The rings only work on humans," Elijah explained. "Chances are that the ring won't work."

"And what is she just supposed to stay dead if the elixir doesn't work?" Damon questioned, nobody answered him and Damon left with a scoff.

Holly cleared her throat. "So will Klaus have everything he needs by tonight? A werewolf and a vampire?"

"Klaus had been planning to break this curse for over a 1000 years, if he doesn't have any of these ingredients, I'm guessing that by tonight he will."

"Get out! Get out!"

Everyone rushed towards the hallway when they heard Jenna shouting. Jenna was pointing a crossbones towards Alaric who was holding his hands in surrender. "Jenna it's me! Klaus let me go!"

"Prove it." Damon demanded.

Alaric looked nervously at Jenna. "The first night that we spent together, Jeremy accidently-"

Jenna lowered the crossbones. "It's him."

"Why did he let you go?" Stefan asked.

Alaric gulped. "He wanted me to deliver a message-the sacrifice happens tonight."

"It will work, Damon," Elena tried to explain to Damon as she walked upstairs and found him wallowing in his room. "Everyone has faith, even Holly-"

"What could Holly possibly know, Elena?" Damon snapped as he turned to her. "People will put their faith in anything if they try hard enough, what happens if you die?"

She shrugged. "Then I die, it's my choice Damon." She turned around to walk away, but Damon stopped her.

"There is another way," Damon bit his wrist and force some blood down Elena's mouth. "I won't let Holly lose any more family members." He said ignoring Elena's struggles.

Stefan hearing Elena's cries pushed Damon to the floor, leaving Elena alone.

"What happened?" Holly demanded as she saw her sister's face and the fact that there was blood around her mouth. "No. . .Damon tell me that you didn't."

"Oh, stop complaining," Damon snapped. "You guys just wished that you had the guts to do it yourselves."

Holly saw the basket filled with tissues covered in blood, she had helped Elena clean up the blood. She couldn't believe that Damon had done that, force feed Elena his blood after everything that they had gone through to make sure that Elena stayed human. Her cell phone rang and she answered it. "Hello?"