Chapter 54: Masquerade

A/N- Should I do Teen Wolf/ Vampire Diaries crossover book? ===============================================================================================
We can't let her get away with this, this has gone too far." Holly paced furiously around the Salvatore living room where Damon and Stefan were hearing her statements. "She killed me, she killed Caroline, and now she tried to kill my Aunt Jenna we need to stop her."

Damon and Stefan exchanged glances. "Katherine visited Caroline today."

"What did the bitch want?"

"The moonstone." Damon said. "Either we give it to her or she commits murder, but I don't want Katherine to achieve that so-"

"We're going to kill her tonight." Stefan said smugly. "At the masquerade ball."

"Good." Holly said as she grabbed her bag. She was picking up Aunt Jenna from the hospital. "I want to help."

"Hey come on in." Holly told Bonnie as she stood there holding the Grimore. Things between her and Bonnie hadn't really been great, but they were a lot less hostile which was an improvement.

"Hey," Bonnie said as she entered the Salvatore house. "I got Stefan's message. What's going on?" she trailed off when she saw Alaric, Caroline, and Damon pouring over weapons.

"We're going to kill Katherine." Jeremy said as he walked past her.

"I can explain." Stefan said noticing Bonnie's bewildered face. "We're going to kill Katherine."

"Does Elena know about this?"

Holly and Stefan looked at each other. "No, but when she does know she will be eternally grateful, besides Alaric is going to be on babysitting duty so that shouldn't be a problem. Katherine's life ends at the Masquerade ball."

"Dance with me." Stefan turned around later that night at the party and saw Katherine. She was wearing a short black dress and mask.

"No." Stefan said simply.

Katherine shrugged. "Then tell me who I should kill. My she looks delicious." Knowing that Katherine was far from a joking mood Stefan led her towards the dance floor. "It's a beautiful night."

"Why the charade?"

"How is Aunt Jenna, I didn't expect her to survive that, how does one stab herself?" Stefan didn't respond. "And how's Holly, she's surely adapting better that I thought possible but we both know that behind that tough girl act she really is a weakling. How long do you think until she finally breaks?"

Stefan tightened his grip around Katherine's waist. "She's not going to break."

Katherine cocked an eyebrow. "Isn't she? Stanger dreams, Damon, a targeted sister, a depressing brother, and little old me. Come on Stefan we both know she's going to break. Now where's the moonstone?"

"I don't have it with me, we need to go get it together."

"Change of plans." Katherine said. "Why don't you go get it and I stay here? Tick tock Stefan get the moonstone, or I will make you regret it."

An hour later Katherine pushed the doors open of an upstairs room where Caroline had supposedly told her where Bonnie was. She looked around the empty room. "Where is she?" she heard a giggle.

She turned around and saw Caroline laughing. "I really didn't think I would be able to fool you, but I did it."

Katherine rushed towards her, but was knocked back down. "What the-Stefan?"

Stefan appeared with a content smile on his face and holding a stake. "Hello, Katherine."

"Goodbye, Katherine." Caroline smirked as she walked away.