Chapter 1: Fudge

A/N: Hey beautiful people!

Copyright© 2016

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the publisher (me!).

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. 

___________________________________________________________________________

"Mom come on, I have to go". I whined pulling away from our little hug.

"I know baby I'm sorry,". She sniffled. " Make sure you come down for the holidays".

"Mhm". I nodded reluctantly as I got my car keys out and got in my black nissan 370z.

"I love you sweetie!". She yelled over the roar of my eighteenth birthday present.

"Love you too, mom". I blushed as some of the nosey neighbours stared at me through their windows.

I let the top down, turn my radio on and slipped my sunglasses on my face. The gentle breeze was cool but refreshing, which actually describes my decision of moving as far away as possible to a college-forgive me, University- miles from my mom.

"Send postcards!". She yelled after me as I backed out of the driveway and and drove off.

A small smile found it's way to my lips once I got on the street and joined the busy morning traffic. Everything seems better and more colorful now that i'm free. The sun is brighter and it's warm light makes my car -the only gift I actually liked getting from my mom- shine against the envious looks from other people with the volkswagen beetle a.k.a punch buggy, and some obvious old used cars. Of course i'm not bragging, i'm not like that.

I'm not like my mom.

I guess I'm just ecstatic that I get to be on my own now. Away from all the judgemental stares, I was the rich girl who thinks she's too better than everybody else to join the popular clique. The truth is, I don't really care about money because it can't buy me happiness, my happy days are over. I've been disconsolate ever since my dad left us. We don't even know why, the bastard only left a one sentence note.

This is for your own good.

~Jeffery S.

My mom got scared and panicked, but right before she called the cops we got a call from the bank notifying us that we've just gotten a large sum of money in our bank account. I was eight. My dad never divorced my mom and my mom never tried to divorce him but we both knew he had moved on and eventually, so did she. The question was,

How did he get so stinking rich?

We switched from being a typical middle-class family to a stereotypical rich, mansion owning, polo wearing, butler having family in only a matter of hours. Now you tell me something's not fishy about that. Oh, and when I brought it up to my mom all she had to say was,

" Have you seen my sexy italian trainer?, he's supposed to be here by now".

And the rest of my life has been the same, until now. Now i'm not forced to wear a new line of clothing everyday, Now i'm not glared upon not only by my peers but my teachers, i'm no longer shunned by my own mother when I decide to go to Publix wearing ripped jeans and a ratty old T-shirt. Now I get to be wild!