Chapter 67: Warm Up

*Now back to your regularly scheduled programing a.k.a Ashley's POV 

** Remember to vote and leave feedback if you want Di Più (more)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 67: Warm Up

" You hungry?" Zara asked me for the upteinth time since this car ride began.

    I sighed. " Nope"

  " Damn," She pouted. " I'm really craving some Burger King right about now"

     " I left my phone in Jackson's car" I said ignoring her comment.

       We stopped at a red light and she turned her head slightly to analyze me. " Do you want me to call him and—?"

  " NO, um.. I just remembered that...is all" I looked down at my intertwined fingers. The note's still in the case what if he...? I didn't mean to keep it from him for so long but I don't even know what it says and I just wish I..

   " Are you that in love with him?" Zara asked as the car started moving again.

     " What?" I jumped out of my thoughts. " Oh.. I was just thinking.."

       " ...About Jackson" She finished with a snicker.

      " Whatever" 

        " Yeah okay" She pulled up to this warehouse that looked a lot like the one close to my college. " Before you ask —no Jackson is not here, I think he'll be going to the corrective warehouse unit, that's where the injured go, Aiden, and where the prisoners are tortured, Andrew"

  I gasped. " You guys are gonna torture Andrew?!"

   She rose an eyebrow. " I don't work for Jeff, i'm independent and I think he deserves it. Only a fool would kidnap you of all people"

   " Take me there" I demanded.

    " What?"

" I need to go to the place where they plan on torturing Andrew" Jackson is already a bit broken —like me but probably worse— and I fear him torturing someone is gonna destroy his mentality.

    "Please" I begged.

       She looked at me and frowned. " The Corrective Unit isn't far from here so I can get you there in fifteen minutes"

  " I feel a but coming on" I noted.

" But, you have to fight me first" She smiled.

   What?

     " I feel like if you knew some basic self defence moves you wouldn't always be so helpless in these situations. Before a mafia member can torture anyone they have to have an emergency meeting where they will discuss why the person should be tortured and what information they should get," She looked at me to make sure I was listening. " When we were on our way to rescue you, Jeff specifically said that he wanted Andrew alive, so if Jackson hasn't already killed him, we have about two hours of training time before you can see your honey or whatever the hell you call each other. Couples are weird."

  " W-Will you teach me?" I asked suddenly nervous.

" Of course," She pat my shoulder and opened the car door. " I didn't say you had to win, I just said you had to fight me. Let's go"

     I stumbled out the car less graceful that Zara did. The warehouse was the kind of place that looks horrible on the outside but jaw droppingly beautiful on the inside. The outside was made with bricks painted grey and two large frosted glass windows —one on the first floor, one on the second. I could see that the light was on but that's it. 

    Inside the warehouse was huge it had grey marble floors and fluorescent lights lined the ceiling for what seemed like miles. There were a few metal bars going from the ground to the roof to help stable the structure, a large glass mirror on the right side of the room and —next to the metal bars— a spiral metal staircase —spray painted grey to match everything else— going up to the second floor.

    " I would give you a tour" Zara said. " But we're kind of running shot on time here. Upstairs are just a bunch guys training and working out on machines, this is where they fight—" She motioned her hand around the room— " The winner becomes apart of the Mafia and the loser signs an Omerta document —they must remain silent for eternity or instead of killing them, the mafia murder their families first"

    " ..Of course," She quickly added. " Most of these fights are to the death so most of them don't make it as far as signing the document"

    "Wow" I said. I think Jackson was young when he joined the Mafia so that means at a young age he had to go through this.

     " You might wanna take your shoes off, unless you plan of falling every three seconds —uggs weren't made for this room"

   " Okay" I pulled my shoes of and a shiver ran through my spin as the cold marble touched the bottom of my feet through my socks.

   " First things first you need to warm up" She reached in her Bra and pulled out a stopwatch"

       " Wha— How...?"

    " No time for questions, I need fifty suicides under five minutes GO!" She started the timer and I began to run across the room.

    " I was never good at P.E!" I yelled.

     " No talking or i'll move it to two minutes!"

         I ran across the room —it was a big freaking room— slid my right leg to help me stop, touched the ground and sprinted back towards Zara again. I can't believe she's making me do this, i'm not even wearing a sports Bra, although I honestly don't think that really makes a difference to me... But still!

    " Okay STOP" She yelled and I collapsed to the floor, dripping in sweat.

       " Did....I....do...It?" I asked through my heavy panting.

         She smiled. " Nope, I said do fifty under five minutes and you did three"

           " Three?," I asked shocked. " C'mon this room is humongous though, I don't even think Usain Bolt could've pulled this off in under five minutes"

  She squatted down next to me. " Let me be clear, you did three suicides in eight minutes"

   " My mom told me all these calories were gonna come back to bite me in the but" I shook my head in disbelief.

   Zara chuckled before standing up and offering me her hand. " Get up, that was just the warm up"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: All those in favor of Zara and Ashley becoming friends say Aye

   **Vote, comment, fan if you enjoyed and recommend to friends!

XOXO

P.S: I used to work out to this song all the time and I needed a workout song for this chapter so I thought why not? XD