Chapter 75: Expect The Unexpected

*ASHLEY'S P.O.V*

I step out of the shower and slip on a robe. 

   " Jackson do you mind if I borrow one of your shirts?" I call out through the door.

      No answer.

Wait I forgot he was sleeping, oops.

  Sighing I open the door completely and walk out. I'll just grab one from his suitcase. The bedroom is so big that I find the closet before I find the bed. I don't see his suitcase. Shrugging off my disappointment I slip on a pair of shorts and a simple white Tee. I don't know how long I stood in the hot water but my skin feels a bit scorched. Either i'm really clean or just burnt. Hopeful it's not the later.

   Memories of our heated night was washed away along with the regret that i'm such a heavy sleeper. I just felt so...

   A blush creeps onto my cheeks. 

     " Get you head out of the gutter Ashley" I say to myself smiling.

   Maybe I can make Jackson something to eat. Lunch, no dinner. Maybe some type of pasta, I think heading towards the bed. I don't know how I feel about cooking an italian pasta. Maybe I can—

I pause. 

" Jackson?" He's not on the bed. Instead a napkin lies on the nightstand. I recognize his partially neat handwriting.

Vanilla Bean,

Don't freak out but...I had to go. I'm sorry I just can't leave them behind.

you can't stay at that Hotel forever so listen carefully.

1. Get something to eat. Please. 

2.Pack up the rest of your belongings.

3. Go downstairs. Someone should be there with further instructions from me.

And most importantly. 

4.  Don't cry. I'll be back for you I promise.

Yours, J.M.

     By the time I got to number four the ink on the napkin had already started to smear from my tears. Underneath the napkin was a couple hundred dollar bills. I pack quickly and leave one for housekeeping. I dial his number and it rings six times before going to voicemail. In about ten minutes i'm downstairs arguing with the clerk because she doesn't seem to know who Jackson Miller nor does she have any 'instructions' to give me.

  " What am I supposed to do?!" I yell at her. She looks at me like i'm nuts. Maybe I am.

      She calls for security just as a short round man walks out with a woman who giggles as he slips something in her bra. Money?

  He notices me watching him and I quickly look away. Maybe I should call Jackson again. How dare he leave me stranded here.

   The man approaches me. " Hello, i'm Frank. The owner of this Hotel you must be Ashley"

  I stare.

    He coughs. " Well uh...come with me"

       I follow him around a set of corridors until we step outside in the back parking lot. He hands me a key with the Mercedes logo on it. I gasp dropping it.

  " What? what is it?" He looked nervous. "Jackson told me you would like it"

   " No I..." I tear up. " Your giving me a Mercedes?"

  " Well it's either that or I get killed" He jokes but there's some seriousness to his voice.

"Look please just take the car," He begged. "I got it through gambling money anyway"

   I press the unlock button and a silver Mercedes blinks its headlights. I try to call him again. No answer. Frank is still standing next to me. I guess he wants me to leave. 

 " Thanks so much" I fake a smile.

" Please tell your father that I-I'll pay him back as soon as I can okay?" His eyes are filled with fear it makes me sad. 

  I don't tell my Dad and I aren't speaking anymore. 

    I don't tell him my Dad is dead to me. 

      A shiver runs through my spine at that thought and I try to brush off the uneasy feeling. After driving away from the Hotel I pull into a nearby Wendy's and park.

   I'm all alone. Just like i've always been.

My phone rings and I eagerly check to see if its Jackson.

  My breath catches.

 It's Sadie's number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello from the other sideeeeeeee

Xoxo

P.S: get ready for the next chapters up ahead. I can't wait for you to read them. Yes, I already wrote them (look at me being productive)

Please vote and comments your thoughts for more! mwah