Chapter 58: Safe Haven

   " God it feels good to be home!" Jackson rejoiced as soon as we got back to our dorms.

     "Ditto" I agreed, immediately thinking about the amount of work I have to catch up on. I know it feels longer but i've only been gone for a couple days, eight maybe nine. 

   Jackson gave me a soft sweet look —the only soft, sweet look he's ever given me— before leaving to take a shower. I quickly went in my room and changed out of the large T-shirt he gave me on his rescue mission. Damn it I left my leggings at Vito's mansion!

   I payed $15 dollars for it, crap.

      Now I really wish I bought the cheap $5 dollar one, but I kinda wanted something of good quality so it can last longer, also I bought it with my mom's credit card so who cares how much money I spend if it's not mine.

   Sorry my way of thinking is really fuged up.

     I put the dirty clothes in the laundry hamper, changed into shorts and an oversized high school musical T-shirt. Then I made my way to our kinda small but cozy living room where there was a huge Tv and begin to watch Scandal on Netflix. There's something about the chemistry between Fitz and Olivia that makes me unable to take my eyes off the screen.

     I was in the middle of the episode when Jackson walked out of the bathroom only wearing a pair of boxers, droplets of water were still on his skin. I noticed for the first time that he had tiny bristles of hair growing in form of a beard. He probably hasn't shaved in a long time because he was stressing about me, hence the reason his eyes look tired.

    "Really?," He gestured his hand towards the Tv. "This is what you wanna do, watch Presidents fuck their assistants?"

  I flinched.

   " Sorry.." He frowned, apologizing for swearing.

     " It's more than that, they have a...connection" I defend my favorite show.

      " Look," He ran his hand through his slightly damp hair. "Zara said we need to—"

          " Screw Zara" I turned the volume up to drown out his voice.

     His lips rose to a smooth smile. " Are you peanut butter and jelly?"

        I rolled my eyes. " No, are you two years old?"

        " Do I kiss like a two year old?" He shot back and I blushed.

           I didn't respond.

     " Look," He sighed. " There's nothing going on between me and Zara, I promise" 

          "Cool" I continued to watch the show, at this point I might have to restart it.

             He cupped my cheek with his hand, squishing my lips together. " Just friends, okay?"

             I nodded. " Okay"

       "Good," He smacked my thigh sending tingles through my whole body. " I think i'm gonna go to bed, when you feel like talking about the traumatizing situation that just happened to you today —or being kidnapped— i'm only 3ft away" He winked.

   I threw my head back and laughed.

     " Jackson wait!" I stopped him before he could lock himself in his room.

       " What? What" He looked around, a bit startled.

     " Can you get me the ice-cream from the refrigerator, please?" I clasped my hands together under my chin and bat my eyelashes, trying to seem as cute as possible.

   He went and got me the ice-cream without saying a word.

    That's my kind of man, my subconscious approved.

       I shook my head as I ate. Today has been kind of stressful and all I really want to do right now is just relax, I can't really forget about it but I just want to relax. My eyes were starting to feel a bit gloomy but the episode I was watching ended in a cliffhanger and I was determined to watch the next one.

  It had only been a few hours when I heard screaming.

   "Stop! no, get off me!"

     At first I thought it was from the show but then—

     "Mom! no, what did you do to my parents!"

     "Jackon?" I got up and peeked In his room. He was flailing in his bed, as if struggling against a force.

  "Hey, hey, hey" I ran over to the bed and straddled him, placing my hands on his shoulders trying to hold him down. It felt like I was trying to tame a mechanical bull, you know the one that would twist and turn and try to throw you off? Yeah that's Jackson.

     " Jackson it's me, Ashley —vanilla bean, remember" I grabbed his face keeping him steady. " No one's gonna hurt you"

    "A- Ashley?" His eyes fluttered open.

      "Yes, it's me I-I'm here, i'm here" I looked into his eyes which were dark and distant at first but then they turned back to that sweet Hazel color I've come to love. 

   " Ashley" He pulled me onto his chest in a tight hug. I felt safe wrapped up in arms, one hand was secured around my waist another was holding my head to his shoulder and we stayed like that for a few minutes in silence with the sound of his heavy breathing and his beating heart keeping me relaxed.

   " Bad dream?" I said nonchalantly.

    " Yeah" He chuckled.

   " Your parents?" I Asked.

   " Yeah"

  "Do you have nightmares all the time?"

  " Yeah"

 " Are you better now?"

"Yeah"

   Feeling awkward I asked.

  " S-Should I leave?"

    " No" He held me tighter.

        So we just laid there, his arms wrapped around me and my arms wrapped around him until his breathing became steady and he fell asleep again. I looked up at his face and ran my fingers on the rough bristle on his face and thought my beautiful bad boy, before falling asleep with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     A/N: *tips hat* Howdy y'all!

    I've been getting like 100+ notifications a day from you guys and you have no idea how much it means to me so thank you, I didn't think I would get this far w/ this book honestly, I thought it was just gonna be an under the radar kinda thing but I cannot tell you how many times I've seen my book on the trending page now and it's all because of you lovely people so incase I don't say it enough, thank you ❤

   That being said, O.0 Jackson has nightmares? Whaaaa? Um Ashley straddling him and him not wanting her to leave cute or cuteee? lol 

   Vote, comment and fan❣ (Sometimes I notify my followers how my writing process is going)

xoxo

 JAshley 4 life!

P.S: Stay by Rihanna & Mikky Ekko in a weird way kinda describes a part of JAshley's relationship :)