Chapter 10: What happens in physics stays in physics

A/N: It's about to get juicy ;)

      Jackson scowled when I walked out of the room.

   "What?". I asked.

    "We need to talk about what happened at the warehouse". He held my gaze for a second before looking away.

  I sighed. "I-I know but...".

  He walked towards me. "But?".

 " But...". I didn't know what to say. I certainly couldn't say what I wanted to say which was, but I don't know what happened.

  I don't want to believe Jackson is a monster.

 "You do have a nice butt...". He smirked at my blush as his eyes traveled down to my backside.

  He grabbed it with his palm. "Fits perfectly".

   " Stop it!". I slapped his hand away. My cheeks —face cheeks— burned and I knew they were just about the same color as a tomato. Why did I have to change into these shorts anyways? Oh right,

   I was covered in blood!

 " Aww, Is cupcake embarrassed?,". He cooed. "Did I almost give you an orgasm just by touching you?".

 "What do you want from me?". I snapped. 

     " I want you to stay home today,". He ran his hand through his hair, I bet it's really soft..."You're too shaken up".

    " I'm fine". I muttered, not even believing myself.

      " Well, until you admit—".

     "Did you kill them?". I asked, my voice trembling.

      He froze, taken back. "I killed one of them, yes".

        Monster.

    "Who killed the other one?".  I felt my back press firmly against the wall.

     He couldn't meet my eyes anymore. " My...Boss".

    "Who is your boss?". I pressed.

    "You know I can't tell you that, vanilla bean". He met my eyes this time. His  beautiful hazel orbs were filled with sadness and it trapped me. I wanted to walk up to him, wrap one arm around his waist and play in his hair with my other hand. I wanted to pull him close and tell him I don't think he's a monster. I wanted to say, I know his boss was there so he probably had to kill the guy. 

    But I couldn't.

    I  couldn't say it because all I can think about is his pleading eyes, the man on the floor. The man with the pleading eyes was beaten to pulp and I knew Jackson did it. I knew he did it because whenever he gets mad his eyes turn black and cold. It's like someone flips a switch and he's completely a different person. That's what I saw at the warehouse, for a few minutes it wasn't my sweet, egotistical jerk face anymore....it was a monster.

  I walked pass him, and he let me leave.

                                                                                              ~

     "There you are!". Sadie chirped when I walked on campus. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a neat ponytail. She had one earbud in her ear and the other one swung wildly by her side. She pulled me in a quick side hug and took a selfie of us before pulling away. She posted it on her social media with the hashtag 'no filter'. Sadie might not have needed a filter, but I certainly did.