Chapter 20: Never doubt google

Chapter 20: Never Doubt Google

    A/N: Guysss I really need ideas for cast, i'm gonna get a trailer for this book so any suggestions???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lamborghini sped down the narrow road as the sirens from the police grew louder. To avoid them Jackson turned down an old run down alley and took a few more shortcuts. I noticed that we had some kind of tension built up in the car so I turned the radio on and Perfect by One Direction started playing. Just as I was starting to enjoy the song Jackson forcefully punched the power button turning it off.

Okay, I mouthed and began fiddling with my thumbs while trying to think about anything but what happened. The AC was on but needing some actual fresh air I opened the windows and hung my hand out as I looked at the landscape outside. I didn't realize it was that forested out here. The window started coming back up and I dragged my hand away before I lost my fingers or something. Bored out of my mind I started clicking my tongue to mimic the 1D song I never got to listen to.

" Must you be so annoying?" He snapped finally talking to me.

"Why are you mad?" I looked at him. In the angle i'm in the setting sun made his slightly dark hair look golden brown and his strong jawline chiseled to perfection. He was a little tan although I can't picture Jackson Miller sitting around at the beach basking under the sun. He would most likely be fighting bad guys.

He Is the bad guy, my subconscious reminded. Right.

Jackson didn't seem to hear me, or he didn't seem to care but either way I decided to ask again. " Are you mad?"

No response.

"Look i'm sorry" I sighed.

He let out a humorless laugh. "Oh you will be, when i'm done with you"

"What, are you gonna spank me?" I tried to hold back my laugh.

He looked at me with an evil smirk. "Don't push it, Sunshine"

"What? we're doing last names now?" I asked as he pulled up in the parking lot next to my car.

Without saying a word he opened the door and got out without even looking back at me. What a gentleman. I opened the door never getting use to the fact that it goes up rather than out. I didn't realise how tired I was until I got up and my head pounded. How hard can a fall be? I leaned on the car for support before practically dragging myself to the dorm room.

Jackson had a five minute head start so he was sprawled out on the couch by the time I walked in. He looked up at me and averted his eyes. Taking a deep breath I stumbled to the medicine cabinet and gulped down an Advil to ease the pain. I hopped in the shower and as the warm water sprinkled over me I began to feel a bit better. I grabbed my ocean breeze body wash and scrubbed until my skin turned red.

I pulled my damp hair into a sloppy bun and slipped on a large T-shirt over my pj shorts. It's only 5:30 but my body told me it was nine. My stomach grumbled so I walked in the kitchen and started making some Ramen noodles since I don't remember going shopping for anything else. When I walked into the living room Jackson was still on the couch, I thought he was sleeping until I noticed his hand grabbing his arm.

I gasped dropping the bowl of hot noodles. " Jackson you're hurt!"

His hand was gushing blood and it looked like he got stabbed in the arm or worse. Shot. Now that the sun wasn't in my eyes I could really look at him. He had a small bruise on his forehead, his shirt was black so I didn't notice the blood until now and of course his arm. His face didn't have the confident smirk I always use to get from him, instead it was pale and I noticed he wasn't sleeping but drifting in and out of consciousness. How did I not notice sooner? His left arm was not visible to me in the car but I never thought-

Here's a thought, my subconscious began, why don't you stop thinking and help him!

"Oh!," I ran to him and inspected his arm. Yup, he definitely got shot. "Jackson? hey, don't sleep okay? i'm taking you to a hospital"

"No," He grabbed my hand, his voice barely audible. "No hospital. Not allowed. Ask too much questions.."

"What?" I can't believe this guy, here he is suffering and he can't go to a hospital? " Nonsense, I can't take care of you i'm not studying medicine, you need help, we're going to-"

"They'll kill me" Was all he said and I froze understanding. So basically if you get injured they'll ask too many questions about parents, family and how it happened. Questions he's not supposed to answer.

Panicking I rushed to get the first aid kit. I got the disinfectant wipes and wiped away some of the blood, then after googling 'what to do when someone gets shot' I checked to see if it's a clean shot -which it was- before applying some ointment on it and wrapping it with the bandage. I tried not to worry about all the blood that was on the couch and on my hand while I rubbed some alcohol on his forehead. Jackson jumped as it stung through his pain and I smiled, at least I know he's not that far into unconsciousness.

"What next? What next?" I paced the room scrolling through my phone. My eyes travel to his shirt and I gulped. Slowly I grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head revealing and vest with a bullet logged inside it right where his heart's supposed to be.

I almost lost him.

Trying to hold back my tears. I got a damp towel and ran it over his perfectly sculpted torso trying not to stare too much. I recognized some of his tattoos like the one of a heart that spirals down into a cross, and the one with a lock and chain on it. I recalled the words he said to me that day "I can never love, or be loved vanilla bean"

A single tear fell and landed on his chest and I quickly wiped it off before going in his room and grabbing his blanket. His body was warm and it felt like he was coming down with a fever so I removed his jeans and trying not to stare at his V line I quickly spread the blanket over him and made sure he was comfy on the couch.

Knowing he couldn't hear me I muttered. " You know, you're kinda hot Jackson"

" I know" He turned over pulling the blanket over himself.

Not able to hide the major blush on my face I ran to my room and jumped on the bed embarrassed and honestly, a little relieved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought this chapter was kinda cute, in a serious way I guess lol

Plz vote, comment and fan if you enjoyed because you guys are amazing!

xoxo,

???