Chapter 15: "I think I just died inside"

      "What's on your neck?" Sadie asked before taking a bite of her bacon cheese club sandwich. Classes were a drag today so for lunch we decided to stop at arby's —that was before we found out that this was a regular hangout spot for Richwood University.

     "Oh uh,"  My hair is supposed to hide the hickeys on my neck but I keep forgetting about them and moving it back. " it's nothing" 

    She gasped and jumped up. " Oh my god you have a love bite!"

      Everyone paused to look at me. I blushed. " Be quiet," I whispered. " And why do you call it a 'love bite' ? it's a hickey"

    " Sorry," She apologised to our audience the sat down to face me again. " Hickey sounds like something a hooker picks up off the street" She made a face at me.

  " Well," I took a sip of my coke. " Love bite sounds too romantic, and trust me Jackson is far from romantic"

     " O-M-G," She squealed. " Jackson Miller gave you a love bite!"

     "Sadie shut up" I glared at her but it was too late, except for the sizzling of fries in the deep fryer and the low music playing on the intercom, the restaurant was dead silent.

      " Uhh Jk" Sadie turned to the students of R.U then turned and mouthed me a 'sorry' before bolting for the door. 

     She just...left.

      I awkwardly got up to throw my trash away and leave when a girl walked up to me. She had long dark hair that came down in gentle waves and her lips had that kylie Jenner look to it. Now that I think about it she had a kylie Jenner look to her.  "You made out with Jackson?"

    By now everyone had already stopped staring thankfully. They probably thought I was just another one of his obsessed fans. " What?! no I doubt he even knows me"

       "Right," She placed her Mk purse on the table and brushed through her hair with her long violet colored acrylic nails. " Except i've seen you two together before"

    I panicked. I can sense the drama like I can smell bacon. " Sorry wrong girl" I turned and made my getaway outside. I'm gonna kill Sadie for doing this to me. Who is that girl anyway? and why does she care? She dresses like my mom wants me to act.

    "Ashley" A familiar voice called just as I was about to get in my car. I turned to see Mr. bad boy himself walking towards me with his hand balled in fists at his sides.

   Crap.

        "Oh hi" I muttered when he came up to me. there was barely any space between us since he doesn't seem to know what a personal bubble is.

   "Is there something you want to tell me?" He fumed.

      " No?" I rest my hands behind me on my car door.

       " Don't play dumb with me Ashley, when were you planning on telling me?" He paced in front of me.

   " Wait...tell you what?" I ask puzzled.

      "This" He shoved a big brown envelope in my face and glared at me. The sun was shining through the trees and bouncing off the big lake and the wind was gentle and calm but not even that could prepare me for what I saw.

      It was a picture of me in a tight little dress Jackon made me wear the night he took me out to dinner and in front of me was a older looking man with a small grey patch in his dark hair wearing a black and white tux. On the picture in black sharpie were the words,

You can't protect her forever Miller ;)

    "I-I'm sorry" I didn't know what else to say.

 "Do you even know what this means?!" He continued pacing in front of me.

      " Please stop, you're making me nervous"  I couldn't meet his eyes.

           "Aww," He cooed. " Is wittle baby scared?"

     " I—" 

   " Repeat the rules" He stopped in front of me. "Now" He added before I could object.

          " One, " My voice trembled. " Don't ask questions, two, stay when Jackson says stay and three what happens in the dorm stays in the dorm"

   "Good," He cupped my cheek. " You remembered" 

          "Jackson i'm sorry okay?! I just wanted to have my own secrets too, you never tell me anything and I wanted to be on top for once" I sighed happy I parked on the other side of the parking lot where not many people parked.

     " How many times do I have to say this—"

        " Yeah I Know more about you than blah, blah, blah but that doesn't mean anything" I covered my mouth as soon as I heard it.

    " It doesn't mean anything huh?" Something passed over his face and and turned and walked away.

      " Wait! I take it back, that's not what I meant, Jackson!" I struggled to keep up with him then stopped when I couldn't. " Please don't hate me" a single tear fell down my face, I never thought i would care so much about what someone thinks of me but I do...and it hurts. I always push people away, maybe that's what happened to dad.

     Jackson froze and started walking back towards me. It took two small strides before his hands were holding my waist and mine were holding his biceps through his V neck shirt. He used his thumb to wipe away my stray tear and sighed. " I don't hate you vanilla bean, how can I?" He stared into my eyes and I looked into his. I smiled as I noticed the familiar gold flecks and looked away.

        " It's pretty easy actually, you wanted to kill just now so..."  I replied.

           "No, not kill,"  He smirked. " But punish"

             My face turned scarlet. "H-How?"

       "Cross me again and you'll see" He promised and nibbled on my earlobe. My legs turned to mush. He swooped me off the ground and brought me back to my car with a low chuckle. 

"Thank you" I mumbled once I was buckled in.

     " No problem," He grinned while I backed out of the parking lot. " Oh and that girl that cornered you inside, that was my girlfriend Stacy" 

   I think I just died inside.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N: Hey Jacksonators!

     Okay please don't throw potatoes at me!

 Sorry I haven't updated in about three weeks but I was in the middle of exams plus we just moved to a new house so yay. BUT i'm updating tomorrow and sunday to make up for lost chapters then i'll go back to my regular process.

    Sorry for any mistakes (Plz point them out so I can fix them!)

     Remember to vote, comment and fan I really love reading your comments you guys make my day/night thank you!

xoxo,

Jackson's girlfriend ( Do you guys hate her yet? no?...you will ;P)